Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

Switch 2 has such an opportunity to slay considering the competition :rip: The new PS5 replacement model looks hideous, & i actually liked the previous design :rip:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

12 more days until Super Mario RPG

da reviews have been coming out and everyone loves it. 

im excited. 

I barely played da original when I came out but I’m so down to get my life this time around. 

im very novice  when it comes to RPG games in general but this one looks like I can actually learn how to play dem

17 minutes ago, dabunique said:

12 more days until Super Mario RPG

da reviews have been coming out and everyone loves it. 

im excited. 

I barely played da original when I came out but I’m so down to get my life this time around. 

im very novice  when it comes to RPG games in general but this one looks like I can actually learn how to play dem

It’s such a good game to get started in the genre. Any of the Mario RPG’s are a great start! If you like it, you should totally try out Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. They’re a great entry into one of the best genres.

Plus, Switch now has access to buy Final Fantasy VI and that would be a perfect next step after those 3!

9 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Switch 2 has such an opportunity to slay considering the competition :rip: The new PS5 replacement model looks hideous, & i actually liked the previous design :rip:

It’ll be nice because PS5’s peak years will be 2024 and 2025. If Switch launches in 2024, then its peak years will be 2026 and 2027. Sony and Nintendo have kind of carved out space to both exist and slay and that’s super cool.

Lowkey excited to play Super Mario RPG :duca: 

I didn't play the original but the ones from the ds/3ds were really fun :jonny5:

SM:RPG had me interested at first, but idk how i feel about that "Click in time" feature in battles.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a turn-based game for me, where i don't have to worry about Platformer specific button pressing. It's probably easy regardless but still.

Nawt even Zeltik dragging TOTK over BOTW :jonny:

• ATRL Moderator

Wtf, why is there a random new OLED package :deadbanana2: Maybe Switch 2 is not coming next year after all.

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Wtf, why is there a random new OLED package :deadbanana2: Maybe Switch 2 is not coming next year after all.

Black Friday + Xmas push i suppose

:clack:

• Like 2

Anyone played new WarioWare? I wanted to get it but I’m not sure if this game is good enough for single player? I don’t really have anyone to play with unless my brother comes once in half a year 

Playing a backlog of games right now and I'm loving Yoshi's Craft World. lol. Such a sweet game.

Got Super Mario Wonder a few days ago, but haven't played it yet. Is it really that good?

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

Got Super Mario Wonder a few days ago, but haven't played it yet. Is it really that good?

I'm on the last world now and my thoughts thus far:

Pros

- Some of the new powerups are fun and lead to inventive level design

- It's great seeing so many new enemies

- Animations are very cute

- The badges are a cool addition. I don't use the vast majority of them, but it's a good idea and you can really change your experience of a level by changing your badge.

- The Special World levels are challenging.

- Online functionality is really fun and surprising stable for Nintendo.

Cons

- Far too easy on the whole. There are a couple tricky platforming levels/spots, but these are rare.

- Bosses are so bad. They should have added unique bosses with unique gimmicks.

- The wonder seed variety was overhyped. Yes, it's fun to find the seed and see how it works. BUT, I saw several reviews say that every seed has a unique gimmick and that's a straight up lie. There are actually only like 5 gimmicks that rotate with slight variations, which I find very disappointing :rip:

I'm enjoying it, but it's certainly not a top-tier Mario game a la 3D World :michael:

• Like 2

Switch Total Sales: 132.46M

• MK8: 57.01m + 1.55m -------- 2017
  • AC:NH: 43.38m + 590k ------ 2020
  • Smash: 32.44m + 670k ------ 2018
  • BOTW: 31.15m + 500k -------- 2017
  • Odyssey: 26.95m + 510k ---- 2017
  • SWSH: 26.02m + 100k ------- 2019
  • SV: 23.23m + 570k ---------- 2022
  • MarParty: 19.66m + 270k ---- 2018
  • TOTK: 19.50m + 990k ------- 2023
  • MarDLX: 16.70m + 530k ----- 2019

This is what Pokemon's #1 defender felt the need to say. Suddenly i stan TOTK.

Screaming Hogwarts is running well, at least for the opening section. Looking forward to the loading times @ Hogwarts itself :matty:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

Switch Total Sales: 132.46M

• MK8: 57.01m + 1.55m
  • AC:NH: 43.38m + 590k
  • Smash: 32.44m + 670k
  • BOTW: 31.15m + 500k
  • Odyssey: 26.95m + 510k
  • SWSH: 26.02m + 100k
  • SV: 23.23m + 570k
  • Mario Party: 19.66m + 270k
  • TOTK: 19.50m + 990k
  • Mario Deluxe: 16.70m + 530k

This is what Pokemon's #1 defender (the franchise that sells 95% of his total games sales in the first month of release) felt the need to say.

Suddenly i stan TOTK.

Thread this, sis.

You also forgot Pikmin 4 at 2.61M and Switch sold 2.93M in hardware.

Also missing:

Super Mario 3D World - 12.58M (+1.2M since March 2023)

Mario Party Superstars - 11.44M (+1.27M since March 2023)

Nintendo Switch Sports - 10.77M (+1.17M since March 2023)

The software sales are insane. The five biggest games on Switch have ALL sold more on one platform than megasmash FIFA ever has on every platform combined. 

As of Dec 2022, XC2 sold 2.7M

As of Dec 2022, XCDE sold 1.88M

As of Mar 2023, XC3 sold 1.86M

As of Dec 2022, FE:3H sold 4.12M

As of Mar 2023, FE:E sold 1.61M

Congrats to Engage for crossing 1M despite me seriously thinking it would never. Poor those 1.61M people who will never play FE again :rip:

The superior games won tho. XC3 completely flatlining is :rip:

XmG1nGu_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

2 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Thread this, sis.

You also forgot Pikmin 4 at 2.61M and Switch sold 2.93M in hardware.

Also missing:

Super Mario 3D World - 12.58M (+1.2M since March 2023)

Mario Party Superstars - 11.44M (+1.27M since March 2023)

Nintendo Switch Sports - 10.77M (+1.17M since March 2023)

The software sales are insane. The five biggest games on Switch have ALL sold more on one platform than megasmash FIFA ever has on every platform combined. 

I was waiting for u to thread it :dies: i'm too lazy. 

Lack of support is going to kill TOTK’s longevity. I still believe they will add content (Master Mode) after they release Switch 2 but a cute DLC for the holidays wouldn’t hurt. Is that too much to ask

:suburban:

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Screaming Hogwarts is running well, at least for the opening section. Looking forward to the loading times @ Hogwarts itself :matty:

The thing I love about Nintendo physical games is that they're so well compressed and so small that they're always immediately playable from the cartridge (for 98% of the games) which is why i despise PS4/PS5 physical release because they're absolutely useless, cheaply manufactured and will become obsolete in 10/20 years time once the services are offline for good.

I was pleasantly surprised by Rockstar for putting the full 12GB of the game on the cartridge of "Red Dead Redemption" but it seems Warner Bros decided to apply the same old dance of incomplete games on cheap physical support that they do on other consoles. Apparently the physical cartridge of Hogwarts on Switch only contains half the game (7GB), the other half is download only (8GB). I was contemplating maybe gettin the game for a portable play if it runs well but I can't condome those scams. 15GB is small and yet they still couldn't put it all on the physical cartridge, if that's not a blatant scam and planned obsolescence I don't know what it is.

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Honestly surprising. I might replay this on Switch if it actually delivers. :WAP:

1 hour ago, Rence said:

Lack of support is going to kill TOTK’s longevity. I still believe they will add content (Master Mode) after they release Switch 2 but a cute DLC for the holidays wouldn’t hurt. Is that too much to ask

:suburban:

tbh (and i say this as the biggest Zelda fanboy there is) I'm so glad the developers have flat out said that they've done all they can in this iteration of Zelda. I think TOTK's longevity was already in question when it was released. I've sank over 300 hours into BOTW and over 130 hours into TOTK, and I'm BURNT OUT on this world/gimmick. We've been in this world for 6 years now, and developers have spent well over 10 years developing it. At this point idk what else they could even add to the game that wasn't already included.

I know it's been said a thousand times, but as amazing as TOTK is, it just didn't have the same magic as BOTW.

I also don't see a master mode coming because then they'd have to add a gold enemy variation for every single monster, and that would include new fuse parts. Which is upsetting because master mode really was such a fun feature in BOTW.

5 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

I still haven't beaten the final boss cause I'm too scared of him

It was easier in TOTK than BOTW honestly.

Still didn't beat the BOTW final boss tbh

Hogwarts Legacy running better on the Switch than the Steam Deck :skull:

45 minutes ago, Flocon said:

It was easier in TOTK than BOTW honestly.

Still didn't beat the BOTW final boss tbh

I've seen a lot of Zelda take in my lifetime but certainly not this one. Calamity Ganon is considered the easiest boss in the entire franchise, that's a consensus well known. I think you haven't played in a long while and need to refresh your memory.

Demon King Ganondorf wasn't hard but it was a good difficulty. Especially if you don't come prepared with plenty of food (gloom) and you still have no clue how to use the trinity parry/dodge/flurryrush because he will clap your cheeks right back with all 3.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.