Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

10 hours ago, Miles. said:

Switch 2 CANNOT have Switch in its name.

The GP is stupid.  SO many people thought the Wii U was just an accessory for the Wii.  I'm also convinced this is one of the reasons Microsoft is flopping; I have no clue what their official consoles are after the XBOX > 360 > 1.  Is it S?  X?  Both of them?  I think most people are in the same boat.  

Eh, I think this is an unfair comparison. 

Playstation has always used the same name, so Switch 2 is an option. 

3DS was successful regardless of initial confusion. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

While I also will be getting the Thousand Year Door remake, I wish it had been Paper Mario getting the remaster. It badly needs one while the TYD still looks great. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Hallad173 said:

I’m glad y’all enjoyed! Memories huh?  I don’t think I understood the concept of the game and that’s probably what kept me in the purgatory of the first mission/dungeon 😂😂😂

:laugh: Yeah, the concept was pretty bland tbh, like you have to travel to these different areas, fight a boss just to get a drop of water for your town. Just trying to explain it reminds me of this review

Edited by Magic_boXX

Using Switch 2 will be fine. It’s a simple and effective way to tell the GP it’s a next generation upgrade, the same way that Playstation and iPhone do it. Super Switch / Switch Pro / Switch Advance would be terrible though. People will think it’s just a minor revision or an accessory in the first generation of the Switch. Wii U failed because of this.

It's a shame we won't get Maro Odyssey 2, even if the first game was a bit meh compared to the other 3d Mario games it had a lot of potential. The peach game looks a mess tbh it's giving balan wonderworld the combat animations look ROUGH

On 9/15/2023 at 6:18 PM, WildAmerican said:

Thousand Year Door is one of my all time faves, so I fear I will be picking up the remaster even though the original still looks good and I'd bet they barely changed anything :dies:

Reveal hidden contents

Nintendo keeps giving nothing and I keep buying :redface:

Same. I actually played TTYD on my Wii U earlier this year, so I doubt I'd play the remake anytime soon, but Nintendo needs to see that this is the kind of Paper Mario we want, so I will be preordering asap!

Thousand Year Door looks nice! It's a formative game for me (and that original art-style already made it age really well) so the new graphical style is a bit hit-and-miss for me. But I'll buy. For Queen Flurrie.

I just need them to re-release Donkey Kong 64, Snowboard Kids (2) and Diddy Kong Racing on the Switch and then they could do, literally, whatever they want to afterwards.

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2023 at 12:18 AM, WildAmerican said:

Thousand Year Door is one of my all time faves, so I fear I will be picking up the remaster even though the original still looks good and I'd bet they barely changed anything :dies:

Reveal hidden contents

Nintendo keeps giving nothing and I keep buying :redface:

I thought the same but this video changed my mind. It looks like they remade some assets. Lazy remasters like Skyflop Sword wished they looked this good :dies:

Wow, I remember when I got my first Switch... sigh...:chick3:

If y'all have an LG OLED u've gotta try this :jonny5: I was messing with my new C1, & the difference is incredible.

TruMotion made TOTK look 60 fps. Imma try this on some other 30fps games now. 

Any amiibo collectors here?

The way I bought the Pyra and Mythra amiibo on day 1 cos I thought they looked cool and I love Xenoblade, then ended up buying the Shulk amiibo. Now, I have three Fire Emblem amiibo coming (Ike, Chrom, Byleth) and I’m probably gonna get Zelda, (daddy) Ganondorf, Noah, Mio, and Sora too. I have truly fallen down the amiibo rabbit hole :gaycat6:

100% Metroid Fusion and Zelda Minish Cap. Only meant to take a little break from Battle Network Legacy Collection but it's been almost 2 months :gaycat6:

GBA has so many classics :jonny5:

• Like 1

Reading that insane XBOX leak, & seeing that XBOX series S, has sold 300% more than series X :deadbanana2: 75/25

It's no wonder Nintendo wins, the GP truly does not care about high specs or 4K. Games move consoles.

Another funny thing was Phil Spencer said in an email they want to aquire Nintendo, cuz Nintendo has no future in the console market :bibliahh: U would think this was said in the Wii U era, but he said that in 2020 when Animal Crossing had its massive release :bibliahh:

12 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Reading that insane XBOX leak, & seeing that XBOX series S, has sold 300% more than series X :deadbanana2: 75/25

It's no wonder Nintendo wins, the GP truly does not care about high specs or 4K. Games move consoles.

Another funny thing was Phil Spencer said in an email they want to aquire Nintendo, cuz Nintendo has no future in the console market :bibliahh: U would think this was said in the Wii U era, but he said that in 2020 when Animal Crossing had its massive release :bibliahh:

The way Nintendo executives probably laughed their asses off after reading that email and then doing it again once the news broke out. Phil’s said a lot of things but this one takes the cake!

The new renders look stunning :jonny:

Daddy Phoenix is absolutely looking his BEST. The title “Comeback King” had me cackling though. Come through, king!

Edited by Baltie
  • Like 1

Kind of hope that they remake the first Paper Mario with TTYD. Bundle them together (maybe even allow you to use partners from the first game in the second game). TTYD alone is not long enough to be worth $60 dollars. Plus, the original TTYD is still a good looking game, the first Paper Mario could use a full face lift 

Remaking Mario RPG and TYYD but skipping Paper Mario is a weird choice 

• Like 2

Pikmin 4 was so fun :jonny5: I reached 100% completion while only using a guide twice. The final boss went so hard for no reason though :rip:

Now I can get back to playing TOTK again:jonny5:

Ace Attorney Chronicles was a bit too slow, but I still enjoyed it. I can’t wait to go back to Apollo :WAP:

On 9/21/2023 at 8:43 PM, Vroom Vroom said:

Kind of hope that they remake the first Paper Mario with TTYD. Bundle them together (maybe even allow you to use partners from the first game in the second game). TTYD alone is not long enough to be worth $60 dollars. Plus, the original TTYD is still a good looking game, the first Paper Mario could use a full face lift 

Remaking Mario RPG and TYYD but skipping Paper Mario is a weird choice 

The original Paper Mario is already available on NSO. TTYD and Super Mario RPG are some of the most requested games of the last 20 years. I don’t think the girls grasp how monumental this is and what a brilliant move this is for year 7/8 of a console’s life cycle.

Normally you get nothing first party while all resources are allocated to the next generation. I think Nintendo just wanted to finally surpass NDS and PS2. 

5 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

Now what happened to adding the terf game to Switch? 

Eg9ECAaVoAY9CE0.jpg

It’s coming 11/14. They should save it for Switch 2, tbh.

And they literally added a trans character just to spite JK Rowling :jonny5: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.