Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

I'll never understand Nintendivas calling Pokémon sales on Switch disappointing.

Like yeah it didn't go from 4m to 30m like Zelda but that's basically because Pokémon games' average was like 15m per game. They have always sold incredibly well.

Now the mainline titles are crossing 25M sales. They got their second biggest sold game after 25 years with Sword and Shield, and looks like it's going to be outsold by Scarlet and Violet. 

And all this with shitty games. They are also hurt by yearly releases and poor critical/GP reception yet their two latest mainline games have crossed 25M. If anything, it's more impressive than any other franchise :lmao:

Edited by thatsmydemi
  • Like 2

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

25mil is insane sales for any games, but I do think it's worth discussing how front-loaded they were and how bad the recurrents are for SwSh. Doing 100k updates when every other game in that top ten is seeing like 500k bumps and more...

Not a hate post btw! This is genuine curiosity! :ducky:

Is it just a case of SwSh being bad games (eventually) derailing their sales train? Or does Pokemon as a whole have a kind of market cap compared to Animal Crossing, Mario and Zelda? :celestial5:

• Like 1

I mean since Gamefreak is kinda holding Pokemon fans hostage with those bad productions fans just have no choice but to buy their stuff. There are no other games like that.

Casual players will google best Nintendo games and Zelda, AC, Mario will more likely pop up

1 hour ago, Subomie said:

25mil is insane sales for any games, but I do think it's worth discussing how front-loaded they were and how bad the recurrents are for SwSh. Doing 100k updates when every other game in that top ten is seeing like 500k bumps and more...

Not a hate post btw! This is genuine curiosity! :ducky:

Is it just a case of SwSh being bad games (eventually) derailing their sales train? Or does Pokemon as a whole have a kind of market cap compared to Animal Crossing, Mario and Zelda? :celestial5:

Pokemon's sales have always worked like this though. Their games cannibalize each other. Every time a new gen is out, the previous one dies in sales. It's nothing new. 

6 hours ago, Rence said:

Girl we’re talking about sales growth :gaycat4:Pokemon’s jump in sales during the Switch era isn’t impressive compared to other franchises

:gaycat:
Violet and Scarlet both combined will be around 30 million by end of Switch lifetime 

Sword / Pokémon Shield also 30 million 

let’s go series 18 million 

what do you expect?  100 million per game ?

:ace:

1 hour ago, znake said:

:gaycat:
Violet and Scarlet both combined will be around 30 million by end of Switch lifetime 

Sword / Pokémon Shield also 30 million 

let’s go series 18 million 

what do you expect?  100 million per game ?

:ace:

Good luck booking those 30 million sales you speak of :gaycat2: given how frontloaded they are the only way they’ll reach that number is when TPC/Nintendo decides to port them to Switch 2 :gaycat2:

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

Gag, I can finally play the first RDR :alexz:

If we don’t get another Triangle Strategy game :biblionny:

• Like 2

On 8/3/2023 at 1:58 PM, fountain said:

Zelda bigger than Pokémon confirmed :jonnycat: Fire Emblem next I fear!

Not with Fire Emblem Engage stopping the bag and serving flop 2nd single! :gaycat7:

We need another Three Houses level serve STAT! :gaycat5:

Spoiler

Or a Path Of Radiance Remake since y he girlies love Muscle Daddy Ike  :gaycat1:

1 hour ago, the70s said:

Is Pikmin 4 any good?

Yes , it is slaying on charts :gaycat: another 10 million seller me fears 

On 8/7/2023 at 3:22 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Gag, I can finally play the first RDR :alexz:

I'll wait October for the physical version. I have too much on my backlog at the moment

but yeah I've replayed rdr2 earlier this year and the epilogue with John always make me want to jump in and play the first but I never do it. this switch port is a good excuse. I just hope Rockstar learned their lesson from the gta trilogy and it's a decent port.

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

I just hope Rockstar learned their lesson from the gta trilogy and it's a decent port.

OMG, I forgot all about this :skull: :skull: :skull: Fingers crossed!

3 hours ago, the70s said:

Is Pikmin 4 any good?

Pretty good. Very newbie friendly in both lore and gameplay too. :ducky:

• Thanks 2

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope dev not worried about the game’s sales

The first Mario + Rabbids had more than 10 million players. Even though it’s Mario, it’s also a genre game: turn-based tactical adventure. So we cannot expect to sell high numbers at the very beginning, because a game like that is a slow burner. Even if at the beginning it seemed like Sparks of Hope didn’t meet expectations, we are confident that over a number of years it will grow. Because it’s been received, by both the press and the public, very, very well. It’s just a matter of giving it time, with word of mouth etc.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ubisoft-milan-says-its-not-worried-about-sparks-of-hope-performance/

that's the spirit ! :gaycat1:

Not them having high expectations because of Mario + Rabbids first game when it's been sold for less than 10 dollars every two weeks :rip:

if they want to meet expectations then discount this one too. We are waiting. :fan:

Pokémon is always performing amazingly, based on its name alone. Though it immediatly stops selling just a few months after the release while most other franchises have a fantastic longevity.

On 8/9/2023 at 3:18 PM, znake said:

Yes , it is slaying on charts :gaycat: another 10 million seller me fears 

:gaycat6:

Girl, Nintendo can be VERY happy if it even reaches 4M at the end of its lifecycle.

• Haha 1

Lemme transfer over here, every other section besides Pokemon in Entertainment is dead lol. 

I got Crash 4 It's About Time on my Switch because completing it 100% on my PS5 wasn't enough hell for me so I want to do it one more time and this time in public so everyone can see me lose my mind. 

Edited by PoKiTaurus
Typos
  • Like 2

On 8/9/2023 at 6:39 AM, the70s said:

Is Pikmin 4 any good?

It's outstanding

Everything a fan of the series could want in celebrating every entry before it, also a perfect entry point for new players. 

Only real negative is that it's slow to get going / very talkative (can skip all cutscenes tho) for returning fans.

The demo is a good few hours of gameplay and progress transfers to the main game! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Is....is this the rabbits that ruined Rayman's career :rip:

you mean the rabbids spin-off character featured in their new DLC, that Rayman? :sad:

Just now, totofogo said:

you mean the rabbids spin-off character featured in their new DLC, that Rayman? :sad:

Yes :weeps:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.