Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

6 hours ago, xXavril said:

Pikmin 4 is so cute! I do wish the MC was their own character instead of a blank slate.

Olimar > Alph & Crew > Blank Slate

Alph and Brittany  &  crew..

women's stories matter :doublescoop:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

12 hours ago, Miles. said:

Oh wow, I just googled and apparently this entire flop franchise has sold a whopping 7.65M units...... I knew it was irrelevant, but I didn't know it was that irrelevant.  I'm surprised they even let Olimar into Smash :deadbanana4:

Only cause Miyamoto created it and he’s been trying to make it a thing for ages lol otherwise I doubt we would get more pikmin games 

Getting new Pikmin and new Britney the same day my god best day ever :superman:

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

girls! the dandori battles in pikmin 4 are so fun 

the red hairy leafy olimar character is so cute as well :bird:

21 hours ago, Miles. said:

Oh wow, I just googled and apparently this entire flop franchise has sold a whopping 7.65M units...... I knew it was irrelevant, but I didn't know it was that irrelevant.  I'm surprised they even let Olimar into Smash :deadbanana4:

When Pikmin came out, 1M was considered a success. It’s crazy to see how much standards have changed. 

It’s also crazy to think that only Metroid, Donkey Kong, Star Fox and Sports haven’t peaked on Switch out of all ongoing Nintendo franchises :deadbanana: 

4 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I need to get into it. Pikmin is the only major Nintendo franchise I’ve never played. Should I just start at 4?

And you better stan Manjobi :clap3: 

• Like 1

Just now, Eternium said:

When Pikmin came out, 1M was considered a success. It’s crazy to see how much standards have changed. 

It’s also crazy to think that only Metroid, Donkey Kong, Star Fox and Sports haven’t peaked on Switch out of all ongoing Nintendo franchises :deadbanana: 

I need to get into it. Pikmin is the only major Nintendo franchise I’ve never played. Should I just start at 4?

And you better stan Manjobi :clap3: 

I’m only three hours into it but I am a huge Pikmin fan. My second favorite franchise behind Zelda tbh.

Pik 4 has a big tutorial made for new players. It talks a lot at the behinning to make sure new players understand what the game is, how to play and what the goals are. It’s very accessible and from what I read, most of the difficulty will come in the post-game.

You can absolutely start with this one !

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Now sis :redface: I'm not sure I'd call it "best day ever" when one of these things is a career highlight and the other is a career nadir.

43 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Now sis :redface: I'm not sure I'd call it "best day ever" when one of these things is a career highlight and the other is a career nadir.

And while ATRL is whining I'm having a blast so I stay winning :redface:

If I’ve never played Pikmin before can I start with this one ??

9 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

If I’ve never played Pikmin before can I start with this one ??

Absolutely

• Like 1

Girls, I want to get my first Pokemon for Switch but I have NO idea which one to buy. Can y'all help me with suggestions/favorites?

5 minutes ago, Fraser said:

Girls, I want to get my first Pokemon for Switch but I have NO idea which one to buy. Can y'all help me with suggestions/favorites?

Legends Arceus, NO QUESTION

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fraser said:

Get the Mystery Dungeon one, that's the best Pokémon game on the Switch!

The mainline Switch Pokémon games are unfortunately all pretty bad. Let's Go is heavily influenced by Pokémon Go, Sword/Shield is awful and only saved by the DLC, Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl is a lazy cashgrab, and Scarlet/Violet is a buggy mess. The only decent one is Legends Arceus, and that's technically not even a mainline game. 

Edited by SlowGinFizzzz
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Fraser said:

Get Scarlet/Violet. It can be buggy but it's not unplayable. The DLC is coming later this year, which means you'll have more content to play. 

If you are looking for exploration and the best Pokémon story with the traditional Pokémon formula: 

Scarlet and Violet.

The world is big and the three routes thing makes it really fresh. It has online features, raids, AND DLC. 

If you are looking for a new formula + exploration:

Legends Arceus

This one lacks replay value. Once you're done with the main story + post story quests, there's nothing to do other than to complete the Dex. No battles, no DLC, no online features. 

If you want a spin off: 

Mystery Dungeon DX 

This one includes everything from the original games + new Pokémon and fairy type + mega evolutions and shinies. 

Edited by thatsmydemi
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Fraser said:

Legends Arceus is the BEST Pokemon game!:jonny:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

the three routes thing makes it really fresh

:skull:

They just took what you usually do in Pokémon games (gyms, face the evil team, and battling strong Pokémon) and gave them titles. The only fresh thing about SV was the fully open world, but they got that wrong by not doing the level scaling (as has been discussed at length).

You can argue the Titan Pokémon concept is new and not just a regular strong Pokémon battle, but if we do that we should give that credit to Legends Arceus who did it bigger and better first. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

:skull:

They just took what you usually do in Pokémon games (gyms, face the evil team, and battling strong Pokémon) and gave them titles. The only fresh thing about SV was the fully open world, but they got that wrong by not doing the level scaling (as has been discussed at length).

You can argue the Titan Pokémon concept is new and not just a regular strong Pokémon battle, but if we do that we should give that credit to Legends Arceus who did it bigger and better first. 

This thing of Titan Pokémon in SV/Arceus started with Sun & Moon and Totem mons. Credits to a trendsetting gen. :clap3:

still, the three routes thing is fresh. Regardless of being the same thing they've done before or not. I just loved the idea of being able to do everything at once. It feels like there is so much content. Arceus just can't compare in this sense. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

@Fraser ignore what @thatsmydemi says, she's a known for her tastelessness, & being a PLA hater. She stans a SWSH and SV :pukey:

Go buy PLA now experienced greatness :clap3: just look @ her metacritic scores vs the games she's trying to scam u into buying 

• Haha 3

Just now, Magickarp said:

@Fraser ignore what @thatsmydemi says, she's a known for her tastelessness, & being a PLA hater, & a SWSH and SV stan :pukey:

Go buy PLA now experienced greatness :clap3:

Arceus stans try to be objective for once challenge :fan:

25 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

This thing of Titan Pokémon in SV/Arceus started with Sun & Moon and Totem mons. Credits to a trendsetting gen. :clap3:

Sis you corrected me by pointing out titan Pokémon are an even older concept, then agreed with me 

Regardless of being the same thing they've done before or not

And then went on to say it feels fresh anyways, but for the exact thing I said they implemented incorrectly

29 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

I just loved the idea of being able to do everything at once

There’s no level scaling, so you can’t really do everything all at once :deadbanana2:

8 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Arceus stans try to be objective for once challenge :fan:

How are any of these statements from you objective when you literally contradict your own arguments? :bibliahh:

Just now, youreyesgocold said:

Sis you corrected me by pointing out titan Pokémon are an even older concept, then agreed with me 

And then went on to say it feels fresh anyways, but for the exact thing I said they implemented incorrectly

There’s no level scaling, so you can’t really do everything all at once :deadbanana2:

How are any of these statements from you objective when you literally contradict your own arguments? :bibliahh:

I never said that using an old concept was bad though so I don't really care if it's from S&M or Arceus, to be honest. It's the way everything merges together. 

It does feel fresh to me regardless of being an old concept or not because you can do everything at once. You can go from a gym, to a Star leader, to a Titan Pokémon. There are no restrictions in this case. Of course, the level scaling ****** things up but you can still choose the order and what things to do. 

This freedom and the three routes combined is what create this fresh feeling. Not to mention how well they are knitted together and how they all build up to the climax of the game's story. 

Sorry Arceus stans, you are not taking this one. 

I'll give Arceus something, that final battle is perhaps the most epic battle in the whole Pokémon franchise. :clap3:

And obviously, S/V should've followed Arceus world design because it's obvious that GF is better at optimizing a sandbox world than an open world game. 

• ATRL Moderator

Imagine devoting this much energy on such a subpar series :dies:

Anyway, I did get a good laugh at how @thatsmydemi described SV as "not unplayable." That truly sums up most Pokémon releases in the last few years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Imagine devoting this much energy on such a subpar series :dies:

Anyway, I did get a good laugh at how @thatsmydemi described SV as "not unplayable." That truly sums up most Pokémon releases in the last few years.

LMAO :ahh:

That is true. Like the best thing to describe pokemon games is "at least is not unplayable". So sad. 

• Haha 1

Yeah Pokémon isn’t even worth the discussions anymore (but peep me continuing to buy each one :gaycat7:)

Lets go back to the XC and Metroid discussions :heart:

(I still haven’t played Future Redeemed but I finally had time to get back into gaming so I finished REm4ke and am 10 hours into TOTK, so FR or Hogwarts Legacy will be next). 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.