Grace Randolph to Jessica Chastain: "Let's work it out on the remix"

Reverse Warholian

I'm afraid miss Randolph is not serving lately, those movie maths felt like cold tea. Yeah, you're winning with the scoops, but those subscibers numbers are not going up. :matty:

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Assassin

• orange22

• WildAmerican

• D_Man3379

I can’t believe her Black Adam post-credits scene video and thumbnail??? Not every fan is following these things 24/7 online. Could she not give some people time to see the movie? She could have left Henry’s name and photo OUT or waited until your average person had a chance to SEE the movie. It’s just rude to me? And I knew about the post-credit scene.

7 hours ago, orange22 said:

I can’t believe her Black Adam post-credits scene video and thumbnail??? Not every fan is following these things 24/7 online. Could she not give some people time to see the movie? She could have left Henry’s name and photo OUT or waited until your average person had a chance to SEE the movie. It’s just rude to me? And I knew about the post-credit scene.

I'm kinda on Grace's side on this because The Rock himself was spoiling the post-credit scene on interviews before the movie was even out.

7 hours ago, orange22 said:

Who cares? Is spoiling a few seconds of a post-credits scene actually going to ruin someone's enjoyment of Black Adam? Grace's channel is for people who follow movie industry news, not casual GPers who go into everything blind.

It's funny how she says here she loves Kevin Feige because he's a tough and aggressive guy, but eveytime someone asks her about Gaga's Harley Quinn she says Gaga was too aggressive because she took Margot's role and that's not cool at all. 

A perfect example of her hypocrisy and internalized misogyny. :dies:

On 10/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, Cloudy said:

WB should just give up on DC because at this point that brand is completely done for

The DCEU is yes, but overall DC is still their most consistent brand.

Change the thread title

Grace Randolph: Prophet and Savior :gaycat5:

15 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

The DCEU is yes, but overall DC is still their most consistent brand.

In my opinion they should just let it rest for a decade or so because they've ruined its' reputation so much that it's literally impossible to course correct it anymore

Studios need to actually create and find new "IPs" instead of trying to rely on the same old ones over and over again. HBO has struck gold with GOT and HOD, can't see why WB can't do the same with their movies. And if not they should maybe accept that trying to go face to face with Disney is hurting them more than anything and try to diversify and focus on a different strategy or approach

I think the craziest thing about DC is that the material was clearly there :ghostface: they just made bland,dark movies that didn’t connect very well. I think people are fine with a “serious” superhero film but they still want to have fun…

I believe her tea about Henry not being easy to work with. I've always found it strange he hasn't gotten a ton of work over the years. Like, I know he's not some Oscar winning actor but there are less talented actors far more booked than him. :rip:

7 minutes ago, orange22 said:

I think the craziest thing about DC is that the material was clearly there :ghostface: they just made bland,dark movies that didn’t connect very well. I think people are fine with a “serious” superhero film but they still want to have fun…

Yeah, Grace put it perfectly that with a lot of things changed around it could've been a great film. WB needs to stop letting these actors have too much control. 

1 hour ago, orange22 said:

I think DC's problem is just that completely disregarding the source material in a world post MCU doesn't fly anymore. We've seen what happened with Fox's X-verse and Sony's Spiderverse.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, orange22 said:

you must be new here :dies:

she's like this all the time.

Edited by WildAmerican

15 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

you must be new here :dies:

she's like this all the time.

This is offensive :psyduck:

i know she’s true to this not new to this but she usually waits at least a day or 2 before spoiling I thought :dies:

I agree with whoever said that something must be going on in her personal life lately because there has definitely been a drop in quality :dancehall: hope she’s good 

Spoiler

DC really should use the Flash as a Hard reset of the entire DCEU because at this point how is WB not embarrassed. A whole Decade of Marvel Blueprint, Having 2 of the most iconic Superheroes ever, and one of the last remaining studios with $200M+ budget per comic film. It’s actually sad how irrelevant the DCEU is in the mainstream. 

They Should scrap whatever thier future plans are for the upcoming sequels. Send all their money over to The Batman 2 and Joker 2 while they reset the universe. Using the Flash as the final movie of the DCEU side of things. Then reboot it with Superman Man of Tomorrow. Then actually take time to develop characters and a universe. 2 Major Justice League level films a year like A proper Green Lantern or Flash. Then 2 mid to smaller sized genre specific movies to gain new demographics, like a Static Shock or Teen Titans film. Balancing one Justice League level character film with a smaller sized character would work way better than rushing a BVS sized event. They need real management, and not Snyder twitter fans. I would set it like:

The Flash: Flashpoint 

Merges The Batman Universe 

& CW Universes 

Superman Man of Tomorrow (Spring 2024)

Joker 2 (2024 Fall) 

The Batman 2 (2024 Winter ) 

Static Shock (2025 Spring)

Teen Titans (2025 Summer)

Green Lantern (2025 Winter)

Flash Forward (2026 Spring) 

Green Arrow (2026 Fall)

Wonder Women 1994 (2026 Winter) 

Manhunter  (Spring 2027) 

Super Man: Last Sun  (Summer 2027) 

Arkham Family (Winter 2027)

Teen Titans Beyond (Spring 2028)

Justice Society (Summer 2028) 

Aquaman: L.O.S.T (Winter 2028)

Luthor (Spring 2029)

Green Lantern: Brightest Day (Summer 2029)

Static Shock; Darkest Night (Winter 2029)

Suicide Squad: Darkside (Spring 2030)

Justice League  (Summer 2030) 

Shazam! X Black Adam(Winter 2030) 

Simple phase 1 for the new DCEU. Setting up minor DC characters and JL members. Have the Trinity be the face, and Static and Green arrow be the street level face of phase 1. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Tbh, idk what DC could do to get *me* to see a movie of theirs nowadays :deadbanana2:I have no motivation to go see Black Adam, Shazam, Flash, Blue Beetle, Aquaman, or anything else in the next year or so. I wish I did, cause I think superhero films should thrive regardless of what company they come from, but Marvel feels more priority for me (even with how inconsistent Phase 4 has been) :gaygacat1:

5 hours ago, Cloudy said:

In my opinion they should just let it rest for a decade or so because they've ruined its' reputation so much that it's literally impossible to course correct it anymore

Studios need to actually create and find new "IPs" instead of trying to rely on the same old ones over and over again. HBO has struck gold with GOT and HOD, can't see why WB can't do the same with their movies. And if not they should maybe accept that trying to go face to face with Disney is hurting them more than anything and try to diversify and focus on a different strategy or approach

Finding new IPs is way more difficult than it sounds. And The Batman was huge at the BO with critical acclaim. DC is still a safer bet than taking a chance on some new IP. 

9 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Finding new IPs is way more difficult than it sounds. And The Batman was huge at the BO with critical acclaim. DC is still a safer bet than taking a chance on some new IP. 

Batman is an isolated case, everything else has been mess after mess. The whole brand is so damaged that I don't think it would be bad to invest in new IPs, specially seeing the ridiculous amount of money they are spending on the shitty DC movies that are panned all across the board and people ridicule constantly on Twitter. I don't know if they are that profitable tbh

Studios definitely need to revaluate how much they are spending in some of these movies, because it's ridiculous

Where's the damn movie math Grace?

6 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Where's the damn movie math Grace?

Just now, Blade Runner said:

Just now, M André said:

:celestial3:

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

:deadbanana2:

59 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

59 minutes ago, M André said:

:celestial3:

58 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

SCREAMING

I literally went to Youtube after posting this and saw she uploaded it 52 mins ago (at the time) which means she posted it right after I initially closed YT to read ATRL around cuz I was bored :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.