• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Assassin

• orange22

• WildAmerican

• D_Man3379

I trust Grace, they said that they wanted to push hbo max, but the slides for the expansion of shows only showed a bunch of diy shows for the platform. It seems they want to push more shows like cooking with Selena, since those shows are the ones who secure all the inversion.

she is one of the 10 people to give it a negative review.

image.png

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

People trusting Zaslav and those executives. They're just savign face, lmfaoo. 

Mte. I actually believe that Grace's scoop were true but given the reaction to the leaks of the past few days Zaslav didn't want this whole thing to blow on his face so they're doing it gradually under the guise of "quality over quantity"

She was proved wrong and committing fear mongering riding on DC ability to generate likes but we love her 

Hmmm Grace is right about Zaslav. He may be all smiles at the investor meeting but what he did to Batgirl was scummy. I still don’t trust him. 

If people were dumb enough to think that HBO max would vanish over night, then that’s on them :deadbanana4:

Grace clarified that HBO max AND discovery would form into a NEW superservice yesterday. Of course that takes some time. 

She’s also not the only one who was talking about layoffs. The Wrap confirmed that as well, but of course they’re not going to announce that at a STOCK meeting a year in advance. 

More information will trickle in as we get closer to the new service. The only thing she’s iffy on is Hbo max being rolled into HBO, which lets be honest probably will happen when HBO Max is no longer a thing.

It’s simple, Focus on quality, over quantity  = less shows = more cancellations, especially with all the money saving talk. People do too much on her. 

9 hours ago, Assassin said:

Her review is a mess and low key racist with her comparing it to Pocahontas just because the film is about Native Americans. :rip: 

This. I'm Native and that was major cringe.

People acting like she was completely wrong :deadbanana:

What she said will become true, just not immediately. Zaslav's words about quality over quantity are pretty much a confirmation of this and a way to save face after the huge backlash of the last few days. I mean, do you really need more proof after they already cancelled several projects ready or almost ready to hit cinemas and streaming services?

8 hours ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

If people were dumb enough to think that HBO max would vanish over night, then that’s on them :deadbanana4:

Grace clarified that HBO max AND discovery would form into a NEW superservice yesterday. Of course that takes some time. 

She’s also not the only one who was talking about layoffs. The Wrap confirmed that as well, but of course they’re not going to announce that at a STOCK meeting a year in advance. 

More information will trickle in as we get closer to the new service. The only thing she’s iffy on is Hbo max being rolled into HBO, which lets be honest probably will happen when HBO Max is no longer a thing.

It’s simple, Focus on quality, over quantity  = less shows = more cancellations, especially with all the money saving talk. People do too much on her. 

6 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

People acting like she was completely wrong :deadbanana:

What she said will become true, just not immediately. Zaslav's words about quality over quantity are pretty much a confirmation of this and a way to save face after the huge backlash of the last few days. I mean, do you really need more proof after they already cancelled several projects ready or almost ready to hit cinemas and streaming services?

She also said that pretty much all HBO Max scripted shows will be cancelled and WBD will be focusing on unscripted but Zaslav specifically said that's not the case and they are gonna spend even more on Max originals.

10 hours ago, D_Man3379 said:

Hmmm Grace is right about Zaslav. He may be all smiles at the investor meeting but what he did to Batgirl was scummy. I still don’t trust him. 

I mean isn’t that every rich CEO? Idk why people ever expect these high powered men to be nice people. :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Assassin said:

She also said that pretty much all HBO Max scripted shows will be cancelled and WBD will be focusing on unscripted but Zaslav specifically said that's not the case and they are gonna spend even more on Max originals.

I guess we'll see what happens, but the recent cancellations don't give the impression that they want to invest even more on the platform's scripted content.

3 hours ago, Assassin said:

Where did she say this? She said HBO Max originals would probably be rolled into HBO if they were to continue—which I could see happening once Max no longer exists. 

Spending more doesn’t mean shows are safe or there’ll be MORE originals. They could spend more on less shows—hence his emphasis on quality.

That’s also if you buy anything that liar has to say in the first place. 

What she said about Peacock and Paramount+ not having an identity versus Netflix and HBO Max is so true. I know I'm in a super small market for this, but I've watched TV through my PlayStation 4/5 for almost about 5+ years and it's insane to me how awful the app experience is for Peacock and Paramount+ STILL doesn't have one whereas I can navigate through Netflix, Hulu and HBO Max's interfaces as if I was on a smart TV or computer.

Because of how much I grew up on WB's catalog, HBO Max is such a no brainer for me (even though they cancelled genera+ion nasty *******) because it doesn't have those problems, so I really hope even if the DCEU never gets fixed while I'm in the capacity to care about fandom movies, that the streaming service isn't so harshly compromised in terms of utility because it really is our only hope to unseat Netflix. Disney+ just does not do it for me. :deadbanana4:

they should offer a combo for HBO max & Discovery+ like Disney does with Disney+ and Hulu or Viacom with Paramount+ & Showtime. HBO max is an established brand and they had to work HARD for that. Do you remember when it was bombing in 2020? Creating a whole new service is stupid.

People can't keep up when these changes and this for sure will bring an increase of their prices. HBO is already an expensive service, they will lose subscribers...

spacer.png

It's been a lot of years, you really think you're getting one past me?
I gotta fan myself off, I gotta fan myself off
I gotta cool it down (heated), oh
You got me (heated), heated, oh
Never met a girl with a mind like this, no, no
To give you space at a time like this, my love
Nеver met a girl so fine likе this, no, no, no, no, no
With a waist that whine like this, my love

14 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

It's been a lot of years, you really think you're getting one past me?
I gotta fan myself off, I gotta fan myself off
I gotta cool it down (heated), oh
You got me (heated), heated, oh
Never met a girl with a mind like this, no, no
To give you space at a time like this, my love
Nеver met a girl so fine likе this, no, no, no, no, no
With a waist that whine like this, my love

Bombshell!

On 8/5/2022 at 10:23 PM, Martyr Of Fame said:

Where did she say this? She said HBO Max originals would probably be rolled into HBO if they were to continue—which I could see happening once Max no longer exists. 

Spending more doesn’t mean shows are safe or there’ll be MORE originals. They could spend more on less shows—hence his emphasis on quality.

That’s also if you buy anything that liar has to say in the first place. 

It was her initial scoop. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.