• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Assassin

• orange22

• WildAmerican

• D_Man3379

7 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Not everyone knows video game culture. Grace speaks for the average moviegoer who is definitely not attuned to all facets of pop culture.

Not true! Everyone knows who Mario is hence the big opening (and small 2nd weekend drop hihi)

grace just needs to take L

and fix her hair

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Girl you literally need to live under a rock to be unaware of how popular Mario (and Pikachu) are :skull:

Your a millennial grace is not 

34 minutes ago, rac7d said:

Grace is 36, the first Mario game came out 40 years ago. She’s well enough in the age range to know how popular the character is.

35 minutes ago, rac7d said:

Uhh Grace is in her 30’s no? That qualifies her as a millennial or an “older”millennial. 

Anyways that doesn’t even matter, because even if she was a Gen Xer she should still know who the hell Mario is. :skull: 

4 hours ago, orange22 said:

I HATE when her commenters give casting suggestions :ghostface: 

Nothing but Tom Holland, Zendaya, Henry Cavill, Elizabeth Olsen, etc.

I scream every time she asks her audience if they have seen a certain film and she is surprised they haven’t :dies: like, Grace, you KNOW who you’re speaking to by now, right?

4 hours ago, orange22 said:

I HATE when her commenters give casting suggestions :ghostface: 

Nothing but Tom Holland, Zendaya, Henry Cavill, Elizabeth Olsen, etc.

Or Anya Taylor-Joy

4 hours ago, aayAlex said:

Not true! Everyone knows who Mario is hence the big opening (and small 2nd weekend drop hihi)

grace just needs to take L

and fix her hair

Everyone can’t know who he is. I barely know anything about Mario. 

7 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Girl you literally need to live under a rock to be unaware of how popular Mario (and Pikachu) are :skull:

right? people here act like she's not a massive fan of the entertainment industry... you don't need to be a gamer to be aware of Mario's popularity :rip:

7 hours ago, rac7d said:

You inadvertently trashing Grace by calling her 45+ years old :rip: 

Screaming at the fact everybody’s shocked that Grace has no idea how big Mario is and how she has to reiterate for the millionth time that she doesn’t play video games.

I don’t know how true it is that a lot of Disney haters are seeing this movie just to spite Disney. I feel like she’s just underestimating the power of Nintendo fans and nostalgia in general cos I’ve only seen the Disney haters thing on Twitter. Also not her calling Suzume as “su-ZOOM” :toofunny3:

What his her beef with Beau is Afraid? Why does she keep saying that critics and audiences hated it when it is in the 70s for both metrics on Rotten Tomatoes. :huh:

“Mario is an under-serviced fandom” :deadbanana4: Oh, she really don’t know anything about Mario or video games. She really is convinced the general public ain’t know Mario “Until Now”😆🤣

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Damn. after all this streaming content she showed this week on MM, it’s kinda insane how much streaming shows debut every week. Kinda overwhelming. I can barely watch 2 shows a week after work. 

22 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

“Mario is an under-serviced fandom” :deadbanana4: Oh, she really don’t know anything about Mario or video games. She really is convinced the general public ain’t know Mario “Until Now”😆🤣

A lot of people in my family who aren't into video games definitely don't know who Mario is.

4 hours ago, MAKSIM said:

You inadvertently trashing Grace by calling her 45+ years old :rip: 

If you choose to see it this way

People out here don’t know who Mario is… give them a copy of Mario Kart today! Mario Party is right there! Super Princess Peach for the indie girls :giraffe:

12 hours ago, ainadalkaz said:

right? people here act like she's not a massive fan of the entertainment industry... you don't need to be a gamer to be aware of Mario's popularity :rip:

Exactly! One of the weirdest takes I’ve seen on this site, and I’ve seen plenty of them :dies:

8 hours ago, Assassin said:

What his her beef with Beau is Afraid? Why does she keep saying that critics and audiences hated it when it is in the 70s for both metrics on Rotten Tomatoes. :huh:

I think she just wants to justify the fact that she cancelled her screening by making up the narrative that everyone hates the movie. Such a shame cause we could've gotten another unhinged gem like her Hereditary review.

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Damn. after all this streaming content she showed this week on MM, it’s kinda insane how much streaming shows debut every week. Kinda overwhelming. I can barely watch 2 shows a week after work. 

There are shows from last year I still have to watch. Streaming has turned into a chore almost. :deadbanana4:

Mario holding 5 million more than estimates for a 92 million weekend instead of 87 mil. Sub 40% drop :clap3: 

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

"Where's the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon? There isn't one.:rip:

this took me OUT

SfYfqlr.gif

17 hours ago, Baltie said:

Also not her calling Suzume as “su-ZOOM” :toofunny3:

how yt woman of her

Why did she say Beau is Afraid is panned and then showed it's very average critic and audience score :toofunny2:

Audiences will likely drag the film in wide release but we don't have the data to say that as a fact yet.

Edited by Kylizzle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.