RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Yeah the best VH1 season remains S9

That's the season that forced Shea Coulee on us :doc: but other than that yes it's top tier

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

13 is god awful, probably the worst season tied with S8 :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

S13 had too much Mik, Liv and Rosé payola for it to be more enjoyable than S14. S14 had better challenges, while S13’s… I can’t really remember a S13 challenge that stood out to me. At least S14 had the Rusical. 

S13’s pacing was just awful too. The cast is on average much weaker than S14’s. It was essentially a season carried by Symone, and while there is no one in S14 even remotely close to Symone’s star power, I appreciated the fact that outside of Pillow and Dayabettica, they were lesser known queens not really attached to anyone from Drag Race. 

And what drama was there in S13 besides the one Kandy and Tamisha incident? Jorgeous vs Bosco, Bosco vs Camden, and Daya vs Jasmine and Jorgeous was far more entertaining overall since it continued for the duration of the season. Idk, I liked S14 a lot and I think it’ll age well as far as the VH1 era goes. It wasn’t an amazing season but very solid overall. With a better winner, I think it would be more appreciated.

Flag Factry, Is Your Blood Sugar Low, and You're the one bombing >>>>>> any 14 challenge moment.

Phenomenon - 6.8m views

100% Pure Love - 5.6m views

The Bag Ball Pit Stop - 4.4m views

Lucky - 4.3m views

Condragulations - 4.1m views

S13 Finale Pit Stop - 3.7m views

S13 Snatch Game - 2.5m views

S13 Snatch Game Pit Stop - 2.4m views

If U Seek Amy - 2.3m views

Pop Goes the Queen Pit Stop - 2.2m views

Whole Lotta Woman - 1.9m views

----------

S14 Ball Pit Stop  - 1.8m views

Catwalk - 1.8m views

There's nothing even rewatchable from 14 on the official youtube. A forgettable uneventful flop season. And before ya'll try to claim its because youtube fell off in a year span, 13 outsold 12's views too. 

14 a better cast when they have no stars to come out of it other than Kornbread? One of 14's most viable winners was a flop who got eliminated day 1 :toofunny2: 14 was so bleak it really had yall rooting for the less talented versions of Yvie Oddly and Crystal Methyd to win. Yes 13 was carried by Symone but I'd rather a season be carried by one of the best queens in the entire franchise than 14 being carried by a candy bar gimmick and half the cast coming out as trans week by week.

The Kandy and Tamisha incident was PEAK drama, like on the levels of seasons 2-3 and led to one of the biggest and most entertaining drag race feuds ever with Tamisha vs Monet, Tamisha vs Bob, and eventually Tamisha vs WoW :deadbanana2: The biggest gag post 14 is Jorgeous high ass confusing Monique and Monet at Roscoe's.

13 had the misfortune of airing alongside one of the best seasons of all time in UK2, taking a week break for that dumbass Covid special, and being the first one we saw with 16 episodes all of which made it feel worse at the time. Not even claiming 13 is great but its certainly better than 14 which provided mediocre lipsycns, mediocre runways, and the WORST finalists of all time. 5 girls in the finale and not a single one will ever be an icon. That's truly terrible. I can't stand either of them but even Goat Milk is 10x the star of any 14 finalist and Rose is more talented than most of them. Ya'll know I'm an original Utica hater and even she would dogwalk any 14 finalist other than Angeria who could never win anyway because she's too boring and can't lipsync for ****. You know things are tragic when there's a black pageant queen in the finale and even I can't be bothered to stan her or claim she deserved to win. Every other season had at least 1-2 viable amazing winners and 14 was such a flop it managed to have 0 despite having the most to choose from :skull:

S13 is trash and I don't even remember who won and who was top 3

S14 gave us actual LIPSYNCS and beautiful likable drag queens.

11 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

You sometimes spill, but this is the OPPOSITE of what happened :skull: The atmosphere in the workroom saw a massive improvement once she left and the race actually got more exciting since someone had to fill the spot she was all but guaranteed in the finale.

Tea

8 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

279177685_384985260301656_1951731758101220979_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=XzRx748bqrEAX8SM3AG&_nc_ht=scontent.fntr1-1.fna&oh=00_AfCntENRs5JN9irTeu2lYY7hwHOoP3uz73LTrFaqVNZamw&oe=63BADECF Unsupported titles/Greater than - Wiktionary rupauls-drag-race-season-14-fyc-party-at-roccos-west-hollywood.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c=_pymREBDumxqgr0xLoSGlRGfla0KbLTgLQOqYBSvYS0=

Duh. 

Symone is one of the best winners ever. 

S14 > S13, by a very long shot. S13 was bad, except for some iconic bits (Utica's roast, Symone's existence).

Symonde > Willow though.

8 hours ago, Morissette said:

Does anyone else feel hoodwinked by Willow? She has got to be the most uninteresting winner of all time. It's like any creativity and charisma she displayed during the season evaporated :rip:

Literally anyone from this season could win and they could overshadow her :shakeno:

I mean Willow even said she had stopped doing drag for a while before coming onto drag race, which makes me think her heart may just not be in it as much as it came across on screen.

When I watched season 13, I was heartbroken and disgusted to see what the show has become... Luckily, S14 gave me a little bit of hope again.

Talentina the host is COMING :jonny5:

Willow was the only one that screamed winner 

not to say anyone of the top were bad 

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

• ATRL Moderator

A lot of tea on this page. S13 is def a series nadir. I considered never watching again after seeing how formulaic the show had become (e.g. Kandy Muse being unfairly pushed to the finale for being loud while Gottmik was unfairly pushed there for being a fashion twink). Mik winning the ball, Utica being in the bottom for the roast when her "stand up" joke was hilarious (and Olivia was unfunny from start to end), the lip sync assassin being unable to conjure an ounce of emotion.... Yikes. Bad all around.

Yes Symone is great, but it's OK to admit an excellent winner can come from a horrible season. Icesis is an ICON, but I can't even imagine having to sit through Canada 2 again, which is probably worse than US13, which is really saying something :redface:

I don’t think people give Willow the benefit that she is chronically ill and transitioning. 

She’s not my favourite but she was the only girl on S14 who had a satisfying winner’s arc.

S13 is legitimately the worst season of drag race. Horrific cast after the first few elimations sans Symone and Utica. Literally made me root for Rosé above some of them.  

S14 could’ve been a top tier of drag race if they just eliminated the girls and kept the pace up. It was still the most exciting season and cast since S9. 

Kornbread lashings? :jonny5:love to see it. The way we were collectively gaslit into liking her.

1. Bob the Drag Queen
  2. Alaska
  3. Symone
  4. Violet Chachki
  5. Raja
  6. Jaida Essence Hall
  7. Bianca Del Rio
  8. Shea
  9. Jinkx Monsoon
  10. Tyra
  11. Bebe Zahara Benet
  12. Trinity the Tuck
  13. Sasha Velour
  14. Aquaria
  15. Willow Pill
  16. Monet x Change
  17. Trixie Mattel
  18. Yvie Odley
  19. Kylie Sonique Love
  20. Chad Michaels
  21. Sharon Needles

i still think 12 is objectively the worst bc it is a complete hatchet job of a season where they had to almost completely edit out the production pick to win the entire thing :skull: but ya 13 in hindsight was pretty bad too bc of how they treated the legitimate talent vs who production was pushing. it was obviously Symoné’s season from the jump but Kandy and The Brick …. i guess actually The Brick did earn her place in the top 4 tho her soda branding win was bogus. Kandy did not belong in the top 4 objectively even tho i don’t mind her post drag race. Utica was done so wrong in 13 and should have been a finalist … maybe there should have only been a top 3 consisting of Symone, Mik and Utica but even considering that , that’s a pretty lackluster batch of finalists lol

i will say whereas i used to think 11 was an awful season , the stretch of 12-14 has made me think back of it fondly. 14 was ….. i mean not great for me either as someone who wasn’t all that entertained by Daya or Jasmine. then to have someone like Deja Skye making it so far and not serving one good runway look along the way :toofunny3: but i like Willow and i respect that she got on , did well enough to win , then took a much more lax approach to drag afterwards …. maybe she’s just prioritizing her mental health and enjoying her 100k and i love that for her !

28 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Kornbread lashings? :jonny5:love to see it. The way we were collectively gaslit into liking her.

I thought i was the only one that couldn't stand her ass :jonny: 

• ATRL Moderator
40 minutes ago, qurl said:

i still think 12 is objectively the worst bc it is a complete hatchet job of a season where they had to almost completely edit out the production pick to win the entire thing :skull: but ya 13 in hindsight was pretty bad too bc of how they treated the legitimate talent vs who production was pushing. it was obviously Symoné’s season from the jump but Kandy and The Brick …. i guess actually The Brick did earn her place in the top 4 tho her soda branding win was bogus. Kandy did not belong in the top 4 objectively even tho i don’t mind her post drag race. Utica was done so wrong in 13 and should have been a finalist … maybe there should have only been a top 3 consisting of Symone, Mik and Utica but even considering that , that’s a pretty lackluster batch of finalists lol

i will say whereas i used to think 11 was an awful season , the stretch of 12-14 has made me think back of it fondly. 14 was ….. i mean not great for me either as someone who wasn’t all that entertained by Daya or Jasmine. then to have someone like Deja Skye making it so far and not serving one good runway look along the way :toofunny3: but i like Willow and i respect that she got on , did well enough to win , then took a much more lax approach to drag afterwards …. maybe she’s just prioritizing her mental health and enjoying her 100k and i love that for her !

12 > 13 because the fan faves made it further on 12.  13 for some reason cut Lala, Denali, and Utica in the middle and left us with bores like Gottmik, Olivia, and Rose. 

At least in 12, Jaida, Heidi, and Crystal all did well. 

11 is bad for a similar reason to 13.  Cutting Rajah and Scarlet midway was detrimental to the season.  At least Akeria and Silky made up for it. 

34 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Why is that even shocking? One thing this thread loves to do is bash a black queen from hell to back.

She remains the only star of the season, the only one with a somewhat successful career post show, and the only one with enough business sense to know not to **** with horrible Voss events. You know 14 had the floppiest cast of all time when a FAT black queen who went home 3rd has more followers than everyone but the winner :skull: And girls here have the nerve to say it's one of the best casts ever. The best cast ever would have followers and bookings if that was tea. 

49 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

I don’t think people give Willow the benefit that she is chronically ill and transitioning. 

She’s not my favourite but she was the only girl on S14 who had a satisfying winner’s arc.

She had the most satisfying winner's arc for sure but she's still a flop and one of the worst winners ever. Yes she has more challenges than most with her illness but that doesn't change the fact that her only talent is being white and quirky, which is enough to get this fandom to root for you. It's not like she's incapable of work/performing, she's still on the S14 tour that's just...all she does. Because the 14 cast has nothing special about them beyond being bar queens who's career ceiling is a Voss tour or Drag Race Live. 

23 minutes ago, qurl said:

12 is truly horrible indeed with FAR worse rigging than 13 & 14 combined. Jaida & Widow were by far the most competent queens and you could tell production didn't even consider them at all. As much as she deserved the win regardless, it took divine intervention of Sh*tty getting cancelled and Gigi being an ignorant racist online who DQ'ed the finale for them to even crown the right winner. Had WoW got their way, 12 would be looked at way way worse. 

11 was bottom tier at the time but has aged better over the years thanks to 12-14 being even worse (and Silky & Ra'Jah finally getting the recognition they deserve)

I don't like the brick at all but at least she's objectively talented and Kandy is objectively entertaining. God forbid any of the 14 girls sans Kornbread get invited to guest at the Pit Stop this season. It'll really show what duds they are. Kerri's the only one with a personality yet sadly has no talent to match it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.