RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Cain said:

The fact there’s been what feels like 10 Dua lipsyncs :skull: girlie has 2 albums and she’s quite new

I thought Ru only cared about hags

I wouldn’t be surprised if her team is very lenient with licensing as a way to get her name out there. Being a drag race fixture is an easy way to get they gays on your side without having to be political.

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care for Maddie but how does she benefit from being a straight man when she's nowhere near the top 100 most popular Ru girls (including international franchises), everyone's dragging her here and doesn't seem to book any significant gigs? A retrospective appreciation post on the RPDR subreddit doesn't count. She's a gimmick and she knows it but that's pretty much it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cain said:

The fact there’s been what feels like 10 Dua lipsyncs :skull: girlie has 2 albums and she’s quite new

I thought Ru only cared about hags

That probably has more to do with Dua’s team than with Ru. She was promoted everywhere during FN. 

16 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

I don't really care for Maddie but how does she benefit from being a straight man when she's nowhere near the top 100 most popular Ru girls (including international franchises), everyone's dragging her here and doesn't seem to book any significant gigs? A retrospective appreciation post on the RPDR subreddit doesn't count. She's a gimmick and she knows it but that's pretty much it.

IMO the only real way Maddy benefited from being straight is that it allowed her to be cast on S14 as a gimmick. Aside from that, she’s had to overcome an (understandable) amount of skepticism in order to get in the community’s good graces. 

Edited by Rotunda

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

IMO the only real way Maddy benefited from being straight is that it allowed her to be cast on S15 as a gimmick. Aside from that, she’s had to overcome an (understandable) amount of skepticism in order to get in the community’s good graces. 

I agree. The thing is though that there's always a "gimmick" queen the producers are looking for each season. Some got in bc they are handsome (gay) men, others bc they had scandals preceding them (Violet, Morgan in AS3 etc), others bc they were twins and so on and so forth. A straight man was bound to happen at some point especially when Ru's tagline is "you're born naked, the rest is drag"

• Like 1

Having a song as a lipsync is honestly great promo I’m sure. Esp if the lipsync is iconic, that song is going down in gay history 

59 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if her team is very lenient with licensing as a way to get her name out there. Being a drag race fixture is an easy way to get they gays on your side without having to be political.

Low-key I think Beyoncé lowered her licensing for Drag Race prior to Renaissance. From S1-13, there were 0 solo Beyoncé songs. Since then, there’s been Suga Mama, Green Light, Radio, Single Ladies and Freakum Dress. Plus the Night of 1000 Beyoncé’s. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Both Sides Now said:

Low-key I think Beyoncé lowered her licensing for Drag Race prior to Renaissance. From S1-13, there were 0 solo Beyoncé songs. Since then, there’s been Suga Mama, Green Light, Radio, Single Ladies and Freakum Dress. Plus the Night of 1000 Beyoncé’s. 

Freakum Dress was used in season 1

4 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Freakum Dress was used in season 1

Oh my bad that’s true. Although there is tea that S1 of Drag Race became the “lost season” because they didn’t pay the licensing for some songs.

It was speculated that either Supermodel or the Beyoncé songs were the issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

I agree. The thing is though that there's always a "gimmick" queen the producers are looking for each season. Some got in bc they are handsome (gay) men, others bc they had scandals preceding them (Violet, Morgan in AS3 etc), others bc they were twins and so on and so forth. A straight man was bound to happen at some point especially when Ru's tagline is "you're born naked, the rest is drag"

Definitely agree that a gimmick casting is a thing. But that makes it even more puzzling at how adamant the production on not casting drag king or AFAB drag queen :laugh:

1 hour ago, Jaded. said:

Gaga:

S3 - Bad Romance (Delta v Phoenix) 

S4 - Born This Way (Jiggly v Milan)

S8 - Applause (Laila v Naysha) 

S11 - The Edge of Glory (Brooke v Yvie) 

S14 - Telephone (Angeria v Willow) 

AS6 - Stupid Love (Eureka v Ginger v Kylie v Rajah) 

AS7 - Judas (Jinkx v Shea) 

AS8 - Rain On Me (Jaymes v Lala)

I think that’s it? 

We need lipsyncs for Just Dance, Poker Face (this one is mind boggling), Paparazzi, LoveGame, Alejandro, Marry the Night, G.U.Y. Sour Candy & 911. She has a lot left to use from singles alone.

Does Ru not like The Fame or something? :laugh: 

Dance In the Dark was used on Down Under S2 and honestly it’s tv gold, probably only second to Edge of Glory lol 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Heirloom said:

Definitely agree that a gimmick casting is a thing. But that makes it even more puzzling at how adamant the production on not casting drag king or AFAB drag queen :laugh:

The Gottmik & Victoria Scone erasures... we love to see it :dies:

I'm sure a King is gonna get casted soon. They gotta spread out the gags for when they feel like the cast overall is weak.

Drag me to dinner has been added to Disney plus. I’ve only seen a few episodes so far but it’s dreadful. I don’t quite get it, it’s like bad improv skits…why are there 5 hosts? Let bianca and Murray do it themselves and drop the dead weight. Bianca also seems bored doing it, like she senses how bad it all is.

• Like 1

Not surprised that Naomi and MIB are besties on Werq the World. Shady legends stick together.

• Like 4

Do y’all think Naomi would compete again? I miss her on my tv 

10 hours ago, Jaded. said:

Gaga:

S11 - The Edge of Glory (Brooke v Yvie) 

S14 - Telephone (Angeria v Willow) 

AS6 - Stupid Love (Eureka v Ginger v Kylie v Rajah) 

AS7 - Judas (Jinkx v Shea) 

AS8 - Rain On Me (Jaymes v Lala)

5/8 songs used for a penultimate/finale lip sync :jonny5: Gaga the legend that you are

• Like 1

I got dragged for suggesting that the show should have a drag king, so when that casting inevitably happens I WILL be quoting some girlies. :fan:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I got dragged for suggesting that the show should have a drag king, so when that casting inevitably happens I WILL be quoting some girlies. :fan:

oh god you just reminded me of the dissertations 1056744770132783115.gif?size=96&quality=lossless

4 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

Do y’all think Naomi would compete again? I miss her on my tv 

Ugh I want her to win, like she's so winner material. Can they just put some throwaway Vs World season, all filler and let her have the crown ?

• Like 1

Just now, Relampago. said:

The passion some people in here have against drag kings being cast :rip:

Season 15 is overall such a great season. I think it’s a little rough in the like early mid-season, but it has a great start and an almost perfect second half.

The only real problem with the season was the casting was just too uneven. That’s why it was a little rough early on there, just grinding through obvious filler queens for so many episodes. But the start was really exciting because there were so many top tier queens like Sasha, Mistress and Loosey and then once you get to the second half where everyone is strong, the season really takes off.

You know what, it was really ****** up that they put Loosey in the bottom for the Rusical and the makeover, literally she could have won both challenges lol

but don’t get me wrong, I do see the issue with Loosey, she isn’t particularly unique or memorable. But neither is Lux and I felt like nobody ever says that part lol, it was so annoying that Loosey didn’t seem to be very good at defending herself because Lux was living in a glass house throwing stones at Loosey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Season 15 is overall such a great season. I think it’s a little rough in the like early mid-season, but it has a great start and an almost perfect second half.

The only real problem with the season was the casting was just too uneven. That’s why it was a little rough early on there, just grinding through obvious filler queens for so many episodes. But the start was really exciting because there were so many top tier queens like Sasha, Mistress and Loosey and then once you get to the second half where everyone is strong, the season really takes off.

It was a great season for giving us 5 lipsyncs with Jax

which eps are getting extended releases 

Edited by dyktatuob

3 minutes ago, Solaris said:

You know what, it was really ****** up that they put Loosey in the bottom for the Rusical and the makeover, literally she could have won both challenges lol

but don’t get me wrong, I do see the issue with Loosey, she isn’t particularly unique or memorable. But neither is Lux and I felt like nobody ever says that part lol, it was so annoying that Loosey didn’t seem to be very good at defending herself because Lux was living in a glass house throwing stones at Loosey

i am biased for Luxx because she was my favorite to watch on TV that season but she is obviously still developing so I think you're right. i think Loosey did herself in by crying wolf/getting emotional early in the season when coasting on safe is fine (like her role was hardly memorable in that Winds challenge), that by the time it did apply, the girls were out of sympathy. it was the most bulletproof top 5 since season 9 at least.

when do the new cuts come out?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.