RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

I mean he can be the new Joseph Shepherd and keep doing the interviews... the drag isn't dragging

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Edge Of Glory said:

i was actually thinking earlier, who are some pop girls/icons yall think ru doesn't really care about? just based on the amount of lipsyncs present on the show (which ofc has other factors in deciding them, but shhhhh)

it's always surprised me that mariah has only ever had a single lipsync song across 23 US-based seasons of the show ("emotions" in AS4). some other girls like taylor, selena, demi, kesha, etc. all have only 1 or none at all :rip:

Lip sync songs can't just be any pop songs. Heck, even some classic drag show songs like Fancy or Shout translate terribly on screens. There's now an emphasis on stunts in LSFYL that the editors can easily edit around, so the type of songs also skew heavily toward that.

27 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

rihanna hasnt had a lipsync song featured since shut up and drive on AS2 right?

SOS was lip-synced on the S11 finale in 2019 (A'Keria v Yvie), S&M was lip-synced on S12 in 2020 (Brita v Rock M Sakura), and Where Have You Been was lip-synced on AS5 in 2020 (Miz Cracker v Morgan). It's been a while now, though.

Pon De Replay, Umbrella, Disturbia, Rude Boy, Hard, We Found Love, You Da One, Diamonds, ***** Better Have My Money, Work & Love On the Brain should all be done eventually.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

She’s had Where Have You Been (AS5), SOS (S11), S&M (S12) since AS2 and I think a couple on Secret Celebrity Drag Race too, but I didn’t watch that so I’m not sure.

She’s actually one of the most used artists on Drag Race, behind Dua, Britney and maybe Ariana? I think Ru likes her a lot tbh. We’ve all see the iconic Who’s That Chick Ru video so I’m pretty sure she’s a Navy :ahh: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

She’s had Where Have You Been (AS5), SOS (S11), S&M (S12) since AS2 and I think a couple on Secret Celebrity Drag Race too, but I didn’t watch that so I’m not sure.

She’s actually one of the most used artists on Drag Race, behind Dua, Britney and maybe Ariana? I think Ru likes her a lot tbh. We’ve all see the iconic Who’s That Chick Ru video so I’m pretty sure she’s a Navy :ahh: 

i made a drag race lipsync document from around 2021 (i think around the time as6 ended?), and britney with 11, ariana with 8, and whitney/janet with 6 were among the top lipsynced artists behind ru herself. im sure dua is up there now with how much she gets used in recent years tho :deadbanana2: kinda wanna update it now!

43 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Kelly Clarkson recently said she can't often clear Mariah songs even for her Kellyoke segments, so I'm assuming it's a similar case with DR, where it's either too costly or she just doesn't want to clear them :rip:

could be that, i feel like the same thing had been the case with bey up until recently. the show only occasionally had destiny's child songs as lipsyncs, then s14 had "suga mama" and "radio" (album tracks), as7 had "green light" (international single), and s15 had "single ladies" (one of her signature songs). i wonder if its a budget increase thing on WoW's side, or parkwood becoming more lenient, but it'd be amazing if they could get smth from renaissance for s16/as9 :jonny5:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Edge Of Glory said:

i made a drag race lipsync document from around 2021 (i think around the time as6 ended?), and britney with 11, ariana with 8, and whitney/janet with 6 were among the top lipsynced artists behind ru herself. im sure dua is up there now with how much she gets used in recent years tho :deadbanana2: kinda wanna update it now!

Dua has so many if we count repeats/international franchises, it’s kind of crazy :deadbanana2:

New Rules

Don’t Start Now

Physical (x2)

Hallucinate (x2) 

Break My Heart

Sweetest Pie

Levitating (Unaired)

I think Dua has had all of her hits performed on DR already?

New Rules: UK1 Gothy Ken Doll v Vinegar Strokes

Don’t Start Now: UK2 Astina v Tia Kofi

Physical: AS6 Laganja v Trinity K Bonet

Break My Heart: S13 Olivia v Symone

Hallucinate: UK3 Krystal Versace v Vanity Milan 

Levitating: S14 Deja Skye… jk lol I hope it gets used again for an actual lipsync.

Sweetest Pie: S15 Aura v Jax

Cold Heart isn’t a good lipsync song imo so I doubt it will be used.

Dance the Night would be a great lipsync song

6 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

I think Dua has had all of her hits performed on DR already?

New Rules: UK1 Gothy Ken Doll v Vinegar Strokes

Don’t Start Now: UK2 Astina v Tia Kofi

Physical: AS6 Laganja v Trinity K Bonet

Break My Heart: S13 Olivia v Symone

Hallucinate: UK3 Krystal Versace v Vanity Milan 

Levitating: S14 Deja Skye… jk lol I hope it gets used again for an actual lipsync.

Sweetest Pie: S15 Aura v Jax

Cold Heart isn’t a good lipsync song imo so I doubt it will be used.

Dance the Night would be a great lipsync song

One Kiss would be pretty decent imo. I could see Love Again and IDGAF being performed at some point too, but those aren’t really as big as One Kiss. 

5 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

One Kiss would be pretty decent imo. I could see Love Again and IDGAF being performed at some point too, but those aren’t really as big as One Kiss. 

One Kiss NEEDS to be done.

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

I mean he can be the new Joseph Shepherd and keep doing the interviews... the drag isn't dragging

what if he likes it?
i thought drag was for everyone??

2 hours ago, Edge Of Glory said:

i was actually thinking earlier, who are some pop girls/icons yall think ru doesn't really care about? just based on the amount of lipsyncs present on the show (which ofc has other factors in deciding them, but shhhhh)

it's always surprised me that mariah has only ever had a single lipsync song across 23 US-based seasons of the show ("emotions" in AS4). some other girls like taylor, selena, demi, kesha, etc. all have only 1 or none at all :rip:

I mean it all comes down to licensing also the producers, not just Ru, but the fact we haven't had a single Kesha lip sync is criminal (my stan bias aside). A lip sync to Blow, Take It Off, Tik Tok, We R Who We R, Woman and even Praying would be amazing, any of her singles really. Plus she recently said the 'lead single' from her new album (stream Gag Order :coffee:) was inspired by drag queen performances so that would be a great option too.

Edited by CroNich

2 hours ago, Edge Of Glory said:

Not based on Lipsyncs but i've always had a feeling Ru hates Rihanna

I remember there was some herstory lesson about popgirls and they said Britney beyonce and ariana, when saying rihanna would make more sense and rhyme more. 

Edited by rihannafan

2 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Now this is not true at all, they had her on S11 and AS5

57 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

Not based on Lipsyncs but i've always had a feeling Ru hates Rihanna

I remember there was some herstory lesson about popgirls and they said Britney beyonce and ariana, when saying rihanna would make more sense and rhyme more. 

Arianka has been on the show and she's a huge fan so not mentioning her would feel weird

and I think he just really loves Britney and Beyonce

do u have other instances that made u think this?

Just now, kataraqueen said:

Arianka has been on the show and she's a huge fan so not mentioning her would feel weird

and I think he just really loves Britney and Beyonce

do u have other instances that made u think this?

They haven't done night of a 1000 rihannas despite being by far the biggest fashio icon from the pop girls. Other small instances here and there. Shes also never been a snatch game character

I don’t think Ru hates Rih

7 hours ago, Edge Of Glory said:

Demi? She's had Sorry Not Sorry, Cool for the Summer and Really Don't Care.

Gaga's had BTW, Applause, TEOG, Stupid Love, ROM right?

2 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Gaga's had BTW, Applause, TEOG, Stupid Love, ROM right?

Legend Delta was bottom 2 with Bad Romance.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

who's tuning in for the extended s15 cuts tomorrow? i'll probably watch on double speed and hope someone posts a rundown of all the additional content

im just perched for amethyst to have another meltdown cuz her failed music attempt career mentions didnt make the cut

Edited by CBC

Gaga:

S3 - Bad Romance (Delta v Phoenix) 

S4 - Born This Way (Jiggly v Milan)

S8 - Applause (Laila v Naysha) 

S11 - The Edge of Glory (Brooke v Yvie) 

S14 - Telephone (Angeria v Willow) 

AS6 - Stupid Love (Eureka v Ginger v Kylie v Rajah) 

AS7 - Judas (Jinkx v Shea) 

AS8 - Rain On Me (Jaymes v Lala)

I think that’s it? 

We need lipsyncs for Just Dance, Poker Face (this one is mind boggling), Paparazzi, LoveGame, Alejandro, Marry the Night, G.U.Y. Sour Candy & 911. She has a lot left to use from singles alone.

Does Ru not like The Fame or something? :laugh: 

7 hours ago, CroNich said:

I mean it all comes down to licensing also the producers, not just Ru, but the fact we haven't had a single Kesha lip sync is criminal (my stan bias aside). A lip sync to Blow, Take It Off, Tik Tok, We R Who We R, Woman and even Praying would be amazing, any of her singles really. Plus she recently said the 'lead single' from her new album (stream Gag Order :coffee:) was inspired by drag queen performances so that would be a great option too.

Wow I think you’re right. 

Pretty much any of her hits would be great choices.  Also add Woman as would be a great lipsync song

The fact there’s been what feels like 10 Dua lipsyncs :skull: girlie has 2 albums and she’s quite new

I thought Ru only cared about hags

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.