COVID-19 [Day 1600]

Genius1111

Well, people who already dgaf about COVID would most certainly dgaf about influenza anyway.

Edited by Genius1111

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Vermillion

• Jotham

• Cloröx

Local governments have already been struggling, as the economy has been squeezed by lockdowns.

Authorities in Jilin said in January that they expected to report an 8 per cent drop in fiscal revenue and a 6.9 per cent increase in health spending this year compared with 2021.

The city has suffered a double-digit drop in tax income and a double-digit increase in health expenditure in the first four months of this year, after local authorities imposed a lockdown in March and tested 4mn residents multiple times to stem the outbreak, according to people familiar with the situation.

“We were not ready for such frequent and large-scale testing when we created the budget at the beginning of the year,” said a local official. “We have to search for alternative sources of funding to meet our priorities and poverty alleviation is currently not [a priority].”

The need to fund testing has prompted Quanzhou to scale back its Rmb185bn infrastructure investment plan this year. The city reported an 8.2 per cent drop in fixed investment in March, compared with a 6.6 per cent increase nationally.

A local official blamed the decline partly on the need to use construction funds on testing. “The central government wants us to eliminate the pandemic and to step up infrastructure construction,” the person said. “We cannot do both and the priority is to create a Covid-free city.”

Local governments “are draining key resources away from economic growth and putting them to testing”, said Andrew Collier, managing director at Orient Capital Research. “Their economies are going to be in an even worse shape than they already are.”

44 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

oh my god this is terrifying and so scary how so many governments just were ok with expecting healthy people to get it and move on..

On 5/19/2022 at 7:17 AM, Ms. Togekiss said:

This clown has found a new fad to leech onto 

:toofunny3:

The one and only credible ahead of time whistleblower :clap3:

Nothing to hide :clap3:

Long Covid is the worst :deadbanana2:

losing your taste is really awful 

https://www.cp24.com/news/about-11-of-admitted-covid-patients-return-to-hospital-or-die-within-30-days-study-1.5904735

For those wondering if the patients were discharged too soon, the report found most spent less than a month in hospital and patients who stayed longer were actually readmitted at a slightly higher rate.

“We initially wondered, 'Were people being sent home too early?' ... and there was no association between length of stay in hospital and readmission rates, which is reassuring,” co-author Dr. Finlay McAlister, a professor of general internal medicine at the University of Alberta, said from Edmonton.

“So it looked like clinicians were identifying the right patients to send home.”

The report found readmitted patients tended to be male, older, and have multiple comorbidities and previous hospital visits and admissions. They were also more likely to be discharged with home care or to a long-term care facility.

McAlister also found socio-economic status was a factor, noting that hospitals traditionally use a scoring system called LACE to predict outcomes by looking at length of stay, age, comorbidities and past emergency room visits, but “that wasn't as good a predictor for post-COVID patients.”

“Including things like socio-economic status, male sex and where they were actually being discharged towere also big influences. It comes back to the whole message that we're seeing over and over with COVID: that socio-economic deprivation seems to be even more important for COVID than for other medical conditions.”

On 5/18/2022 at 7:11 PM, Genius1111 said:

This is why I told my workplace to go **** itself when they demanded we go back to the office

I literally dared them to fire me. It took them 6 months to hire me (I'm in a very niche job) so I said fire me ***** see what happens. They backed down, yes they did.

**** these corporations, get your money and stay healthy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.