[Day 769] Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Espresso
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

How to Support Ukraine:

The National Bank of Ukraine has decided to open a special fundraising account to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine:

Official special account: 

UA843000010000000047330992708

The account is multi-currency, it is created and opened both for the transfer of funds from international partners and donors - in foreign currency (US dollars, euros, British pounds), and from Ukrainian businesses and citizens - in national currency.

For USD remittances:
BENEFICIARY: National Bank of Ukraine
BENEFICIARY BIC: NBUA UA UX
BENEFICIARY ADDRESS: 9 Instytutska St, Kyiv, 01601, Ukraine
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 400807238
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, New York
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: CHASUS33
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: 383 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017, USA
PURPOSE OF PAYMENT: for crediting account 47330992708

For EUR remittances:
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 5040040066
IBAN DE05504000005040040066 
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: DEUTSCHE  BUNDESBANK, Frankfurt
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: MARKDEFF
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: Wilhelm-Epstein-Straße 14, 60431 Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

For GBP remittances:

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 40000982
IBAN GB52CHAS60924280033041
Sort code 60-92-42 
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: JP MORGAN CHASE BANK NA, London
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: CHASGB2L
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: 125 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AJ, UK

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Genius1111

• ZIVERT

• katykater

Russia will "officially" annex eastern Ukraine tomorrow. Let's see what the reaction will look like. :coffee2:

33 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Russia will "officially" annex eastern Ukraine tomorrow. Let's see what the reaction will look like. :coffee2:

This is one of those moments where I have no idea what we should do next. I guess tougher sanctions again.

5 hours ago, anti-***** said:

This is one of those moments where I have no idea what we should do next. I guess tougher sanctions again.

The only thing to fight this without nuclear weapons, is to immediately let Ukraine join NATO (well the rest of Ukraine which is still left that is) and station nukes right at the border. Russia cannot just annex territory... if they can, tho, so can everyone else. 

4 hours ago, BadMonster said:

I wonder how Russia is going to react, since I can't imagine Ukraine will stop trying to reclaim those regions

Another partial or national mobilization, more meat to feed Ukrainian fields, there's not a lot options left for them since nuclear weapon threats is just another clownery act of desperation :gaycat2:  

14 hours ago, anti-***** said:

probably

9 hours ago, stevyy said:

The only thing to fight this without nuclear weapons, is to immediately let Ukraine join NATO (well the rest of Ukraine which is still left that is) and station nukes right at the border. Russia cannot just annex territory... if they can, tho, so can everyone else. 

girl….you want war?

7 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

probably

girl….you want war?

Ukraine is functionally in NATO already, if Biden is vowing to retaliate against Russia and initiate MAD if Putin nukes Kyiv. At this point, might as well make it official and put it on paper. :michael: 

9 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Ukraine is functionally in NATO already, if Biden is vowing to retaliate against Russia and initiate MAD if Putin nukes Kyiv. At this point, might as well make it official and put it on paper. :michael: 

Well then let’s hope Putin doesn’t nuke Kyiv :lakitu:

3 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

Well then let’s hope Putin doesn’t nuke Kyiv :lakitu:

If Ukraine continues to embarrass him, I think he'll probably want to because at that point he'll know it's over for himself and he'll want to take everybody with him. Not sure if there are any bureaucratic layers in between that could stop him like how, say, Trump couldn't have unilaterally called for a nuclear strike out of his paranoia. I've heard there aren't, but some people are convinced that such a thing would never be allowed to happen and that we should push our luck and go all the way in because "Putin is bluffing"

13 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

If Ukraine continues to embarrass him, I think he'll probably want to because at that point he'll know it's over for himself and he'll want to take everybody with him. Not sure if there are any bureaucratic layers in between that could stop him like how, say, Trump couldn't have unilaterally called for a nuclear strike out of his paranoia. I've heard there aren't, but some people are convinced that such a thing would never be allowed to happen and that we should push our luck and go all the way in because "Putin is bluffing".

I hope that Europe and the USA aren’t gonna risk it all for a potential nuclear war. If Putin does use nuclear weapons on Ukraine we shouldn’t immediately go to war with them and just do heavier sanctions to take more of a pacifist approach since nuclear war is not worth it. Even if Russia wants it so badly to happen with how they are acting…scary times ahead

Edited by Bicassie

17 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

I hope that Europe and the USA aren’t gonna risk it all for a potential nuclear war. If Putin does use nuclear weapons on Ukraine we shouldn’t immediately go to war with them and just do heavier sanctions to take more of a pacifist approach since nuclear war is not worth it. Even if Russia wants it so badly to happen with how they are acting…scary times ahead

Well, there are many hawks who feel that sacrificing Ukraine to avoid nuclear-driven extinction isn't worth the cost of how badly hurt their feelings would be about letting the bad guys win. Many of those people are the ones who drive policy, so what you hope doesn't really matter. Because that risk is one they're willing to chance.

You're also forgetting that Russia has said that they would view any further sanctions as an act of war and could also respond accordingly just from that. If we were truly to bend to Putin's will to avoid nuclear war, we would pull back on sanctions altogether. Which isn't going to happen, nor necessarily should it. We've been living in a game of chance since February, since Putin's clearly deranged and doesn't care whether the human race even survives the consequences of his actions.

49 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Well, there are many hawks who feel that sacrificing Ukraine to avoid nuclear-driven extinction isn't worth the cost of how badly hurt their feelings would be about letting the bad guys win. Many of those people are the ones who drive policy, so what you hope doesn't really matter. Because that risk is one they're willing to chance.

You're also forgetting that Russia has said that they would view any further sanctions as an act of war and could also respond accordingly just from that. If we were truly to bend to Putin's will to avoid nuclear war, we would pull back on sanctions altogether. Which isn't going to happen, nor necessarily should it. We've been living in a game of chance since February, since Putin's clearly deranged and doesn't care whether the human race even survives the consequences of his actions.

So….basically we’re ****** :lakitu:

14 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

So….basically we’re ****** :lakitu:

We’re at the whims of an unbalanced man who could decide anything is justification for what he says he’s gonna do. That’s all I’m saying.

We could back down even slightly and that still wouldn’t be enough to satisfy Putin’s saber-rattling. We could escalate and even allow Ukraine to use our weapons to stage their own invasion of Russia and have nothing happen. Frankly it’s a big question mark.

12 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

We’re at the whims of an unbalanced man who could decide anything is justification for what he says he’s gonna do. That’s all I’m saying.

We could back down even slightly and that still wouldn’t be enough to satisfy Putin’s saber-rattling. We could escalate and even allow Ukraine to use our weapons to stage their own invasion of Russia and have nothing happen. Frankly it’s a big question mark.

So it’s all about if Putin decides to use nukes on Ukraine :biblio:

Edited by Bicassie

So when is Putin sending his 300k mobilized troops? Is anyone attacking those phoney baloney "Russian" regions now? I assume if Ukranians were to attack them, it would be fine since Russia is the one who attacked Ukraine first, no?

23 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

So when is Putin sending his 300k mobilized troops? Is anyone attacking those phoney baloney "Russian" regions now? I assume if Ukranians were to attack them, it would be fine since Russia is the one who attacked Ukraine first, no?

I heard that Putin has already sent mobilized troops, but idk if this is true. And I hope that Ukrainians are still attacking and trying to take back their regions.

BREAKING: Ukraine have recaptured Yampil, a key village in the Donetsk region as they continue to encircle Russian units. Russian troops have now fled to the city of Lyman, and the defensive line around the city is now only its administrative boundaries.

Looks like Al-Jazeera's either doing major map adjustments because of this announcement or they've decided to stop a daily tracker entirely, so essentially that part of the OP is now worthless. :ace: 

I'll wait about another week before doing major OP adjustments to reflect that change in case they're just restructuring.

Kind of sucks though.

In the meantime, back to my posts here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.