Video Games you played recently

Ghibli

Finished Doom 2016 after being stuck on the final boss for a while. I think it was pretty good, though I can't say that I fully appreciate the repetitive encounter design and the way the colored keys were implemented compared to the classic games (at least they were implemented unlike Doom 3). I liked the weapon upgrade system, which makes you switch things up during encounters. I have Eternal, but won't jump at it immediately, need to play a jrpg or something.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• FailSafe

• Rigalo

• Tangane

Top Posters In This Topic

105 hours into Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, hehe.

• Like 1

Just finished playing spyro 1 (Japanese version) for the first time. The only difference is that terrible camera... no wonder why the Japanese didn't like this game :deadbanana4:

Giving the original Dead Space another try. Necromorphs are just that spooky to me, I don't know if I can handle the remake.

Back to playing tears of the kingdom after a very very long break. I think with even more time away from BOTW and not remembering as much as the world it's become actually fun to explore again

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Giving the original Dead Space another try. Necromorphs are just that spooky to me, I don't know if I can handle the remake.

I've only played the remake but it was very good while also having a lot of scares, granted I'm a baby when it comes to horror but I also actually love getting jumpscared in media

anyone playing Palia? 

Finished Tiny Tina's Wonderlands after playing it every now and then. At first I thought that it was barely different from the mainline Borderlands games, but then the game opened up and grew on me considerably. The spells turned out to be an interesting mechanism and not just a reskin for grenades. I also loved that you don't have to start a new game+ to enjoy some perks, that's always been my main issue with the mainline games. Only found all the dices in the otherworld, I gave up on trying to hunt them all, and their exact influence on the loot remains a mystery to me. I did all the sidequests, and overall had a more fun time with the game than I did with Borderlands 3. Not bad at all for a game made during the pandemic, as the credits said.

• Thanks 1

I'm on Scarlet playing comp trying to prove a point but at this point I might cop the Star Ocean 2 remake, anyone played that yet? 

2 hours ago, Frappucino said:

I'm on Scarlet playing comp trying to prove a point but at this point I might cop the Star Ocean 2 remake, anyone played that yet? 

I liked Star Ocean 2 but I found it a bit to 'sandboxy' (for the lack of a better term). You're overwhelmed with a lot of features at the beginning and then you can pretty much steamroll over the game with a few tweaks.

I enjoyed the game, but I didn't linger once it came to the postgame content.

But everyone on the internet seems to say it's a gem so go for it!

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 4:58 PM, Saddy said:

Just finished re-playing FFIX. Gosh, what a beautiful game :jonnycat:

We Stan Vivi in this household.

• Like 2

Have started playing Cyberpunk and it seems awesome but argh, didn't realise it was first-person. Hate first person games!

Sonic Generations. However it is quite short but excellent. 

• Like 1

my Steam Deck should be arriving tommorow so I will be playing a lot of games I missed by playing mostly on Nintendo for years

18 hours ago, stupidjock said:

my Steam Deck should be arriving tommorow so I will be playing a lot of games I missed by playing mostly on Nintendo for years

The steam deck was the best purchase I've made over the last couple of years, absolutely love it :clap3:

1 hour ago, OhMyAlf said:

The steam deck was the best purchase I've made over the last couple of years, absolutely love it :clap3:

What games are you playing? 

Ok I finally got Steam Deck so I'm currently playing Alice: Madness Returns, Portal 2 and Tomb Raider reboot because that's kinda all interesting I had in my library :rip:

Once I get some cash I want to get:

No Man's Sky

Elden Ring

Half-Life 2

Fable

Balatro

Stray

Hi-Fi Rush

The Talos Principle 2

Baldur's Gate 3

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kern said:

Ok I finally got Steam Deck so I'm currently playing Alice: Madness Returns, Portal 2 and Tomb Raider reboot because that's kinda all interesting I had in my library :rip:

These classics. I need to replay Alice, too.

IMG_4684.gif?ex=662e73f8&is=661bfef8&hm=

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

These classics. I need to replay Alice, too.

IMG_4684.gif?ex=662e73f8&is=661bfef8&hm=

This game is such a vibe. I wish I could play OG too but it doesn't work on SD

light3.thumb.gif.fa2bceb9cde9001e29de26a

I played Control. I really liked the Game Mechanics. But the story was a bit confusing. It doesn't help the protagonist was boring as hell. The ending felt really sudden too. 

I gave up playing Shadow Of Colossus. I found it so boring and the controls too hard. 

I started Returnal but I'm finding it pretty difficult. 

I'm also playing Ghosts Of Tsushima. It's the first game since The Last Of Us Part II I've felt really invested. Albeit not as emotionally captivating, I love the world they've created. Gameplay is fun too, although it does get a bit repetitive. 

23 hours ago, Kern said:

Half-Life 2

Only one of the GREATEST, most revolutionary FPS of all-time. Excellent choice.

Anyway. I should post in this thread more often, but (these are over the past few months, with the last two being most recent:

-Ghostrunner 2 — finished earlier this year. Excellent!

-Alan Wake II — wasn't sure it would run on my PC, but it did rather smoothly. However I need to restart this, did not finish it but I can tell it is ICONIC.

-Doom Eternal — I mean I've finished this like, 5 times lmao. I think I am pretty good at it, this is my go to mindless game now.

-Batman Arkham Knight — really solid overall, enjoyed the hell out of it. I see why people gave the batmobile ****, though.

-Horizon Forbidden West — one of my favorite IPs EVER finally on my home turf of PC gaming. I feel bad b/c I broke my no-launch buy rule in over 15 years of gaming; the game industry ain't **** and pre-order culture SUCKS. With that said, two hours in, and the gameplay is wonderful, and this game looks great. What's more is the PC port is beautiful; SO well optimized (well done as always, king Nixxes!). I have so much work to do but I can see this game sucking me in FOREVER ugh

WHOEVER IS PLAYING COMP ON POKEMON STOP BRINGING YOUR STUPID ASS LEGENDARY POKÉMON IT MAKES NO ******* SENSE GOOD FOR ******* YOU THAT YOU HAVE THEM ALL AND **** ALSO THE DEVELOPERS FOR ALLOWING LEGENDARY ******* POKÉMON IN A FUCKIG COMPETIPN WHO YHE GUVK OMFG 

Finished F.E.A.R. (yeah, I have like 20 games installed at a time) and currently playing through the Extraction Point expansion, which is by a different developer, but the gameplay is suprisingly faithful (the story, though, all those retcons in the first 20 minutes). I feel like I was too late to the party with this one as it played... like a typical shooter, but I'm aware of its enemy AI innovations. Still, the gameplay is quite good, the limited arsenal of 3 weapons felt dissapointing at first, but then I realized that I could throw away the guns that I didn't use anyway. I liked finding all those boosters, and I think that I got them all? The health ones, at least. I know there's an achievement for not using the slowmo thing (not on Steam, unfortunately), but I couldn't imagine doing things without it. As for the plot, pacing etc... Some level transitions were anticlimatic, and the game could do with more varied goals than 'omg catch this guy, oh no he ran away' (there were several micro-goals that I appreciated). The plot seemed pretty barebones, although those phone messages/laptops helped to make things slightly more interesting (System Shock, her impact). The creepy stuff was ok, expected more jumpscares (expected, not welcomed), but it was fine, I liked the j-horror nods. The whole Alma thing required some additional materials to understand properly, but I guess the game is straightforward enough, and I just can't live without some wikia snooping. Heard a lot about a certain infamous scene in the second game....

Playing Suikoden's spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes right now, and it's really good so far. Scratches the itch for my JRPG-loving ass.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.