Video Games you played recently

Ghibli

Has anyone here played Sea of Stars? I’m genuinely a little upset that both the main and true endings stunk.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• FailSafe

• Rigalo

• Tangane

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg I’m late to this sort of - but Xbox got Baldurs Gate 3 like a month ago and I have NOT been able to put it down :jonny6:

7 hours ago, plaidarms said:

Has anyone here played Sea of Stars? I’m genuinely a little upset that both the main and true endings stunk.

Yeah it felt a bit expeditious for such a grand adventure. At the end I was like 'wait what? that is it?'. But it was 35-40 hours that I thoroughly enjoyed so I give them a pass. It was the first time this studio tried making a RPG so things like this are to be expected. :hug:

SOMA is so good, I'm glad I gave it a chance. It has one of the best story, world bulding and atmosphere I've seen

On 1/8/2024 at 8:07 PM, plaidarms said:

Just finished it yesterday and WTF was that final boss for the true ending? It took me literally over an hour to beat only for that slight change in the ending, I immediately deleted it from my Switch when I was done and I was enjoying the game up until that point, it wasn't amazing but it was enjoyable. Unfortunately that entire final sequence ruined my enjoyment of the game

23 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Just finished it yesterday and WTF was that final boss for the true ending? It took me literally over an hour to beat only for that slight change in the ending, I immediately deleted it from my Switch when I was done and I was enjoying the game up until that point, it wasn't amazing but it was enjoyable. Unfortunately that entire final sequence ruined my enjoyment of the game

It took me an embarrassing about of time to figure out the mechanics for that fight. And, yeah, making a whole game where the bad guy never gets their comeuppance is so bad. I was really enjoying the gameplay and art style up to that point.

I hope if Sabotage does another game with this setting they get some different writers :deadbanana2:

playing Sekiro Shadows Die Twice for the first time and yeah this game has kinda the best combat system ever

• Thanks 1

I beat Momodora: Moonlit Farewell too quickly. I was trying to pace myself at first so I could enjoy it longer (Reverie Under the Moonlight was just under 7 hours for me), but then I doubled my total playtime in one day and beat it because I just couldn’t put it down 😭 The nightmare mode bosses are such a joke, but I have been trying them just because I can’t put the game down yet. 

Just finished Borderlands 3 and Girl on Fire in the ending credits took me OUT :snowman:Anyway, the villains were a step down from 2, visiting different planets was cool but a nightmare when it comes to collecting all achievements, the game was mostly carried by the DLCs and autistic queen Tannis.

• Like 1

Right now i'm playing Need for Speed Unbound
It's good, but the thing that irks me the most is police system. I don't mind them chasing me. But everytime you levade them they appears instantly. You will be chased after every damn race. I think it's just done poorly. Besides that game is fun. I like that handling drifting and it looks great.

I played Dirt Ralyl 2.0 which is one of the best racing games in last years, and Forza Horizon 5 which is beautiful but it's the same things over and over so I got bored quickly.

On 1/18/2024 at 7:43 AM, Suilen said:

Just finished Borderlands 3 and Girl on Fire in the ending credits took me OUT :snowman:Anyway, the villains were a step down from 2, visiting different planets was cool but a nightmare when it comes to collecting all achievements, the game was mostly carried by the DLCs and autistic queen Tannis.

oh yeah. Villans are the worst thing in Borderlands 3, but the gameplay is fire. I finished it in 2 weeks (every mission without DLCs)
Ending was ....  everybody on mute challange. Also the way they treated Maya ... I will enver forgive them. I hope Borderlands 4 will ressuret them for the whole big war thing.

• Like 1

Dota2 :gaycat5:

Outer Wilds :jonny:

Spoiler

those hourglass planets with the sand mechanic... I've never seen anything like this in any game

On 1/22/2024 at 5:48 PM, PMM said:

oh yeah. Villans are the worst thing in Borderlands 3, but the gameplay is fire. I finished it in 2 weeks (every mission without DLCs)
Ending was ....  everybody on mute challange. Also the way they treated Maya ... I will enver forgive them. I hope Borderlands 4 will ressuret them for the whole big war thing.

With how Sirens are supposedly important to the entire lore, the game sure loves treating them like ****. 

Anyway, started Tiny Tina's Wonderlands immediately after finishing it, seems like a more enjoyable experience so far, although I expected it to be more distinct from the mainline series.

Recently got the Steam deck and started replaying Half Life 2. The way the game still hold ups after all these years 

Valve you will ALWAYS be famous :jonny5:

Beat FF16 a few days ago, now playing Crisis Core Reunion before I play FF7R before Rebirth late Feb :gaycat1:

I never played OW until mid last month and I've been absolutely obsessed. It's all I wanna play :jonny5: 

Spoiler

at least until FFRebirth & Dragons Dogma II occupy the rest of my year :giraffe:

I just got into Cyberpunk 2077 and OMG i am obsessed!!! I wanna replay *_*.

i am trying out Dead Island 2 but…seems not so fun 

• Like 1

I just got into playing Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and the game is loads of fun. People are just shamelessly jumping on the hate bandwagon for the game when it's actually a legitimately good one. :toofunny2:

2 minutes ago, DamianSolo said:

I just got into playing Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and the game is loads of fun. People are just shamelessly jumping on the hate bandwagon for the game when it's actually a legitimately good one. :toofunny2:

I'm enjoying it too! having a hard time finding a character to stick to cause they're all fun :monkey:

Aside from some PC performance issues i'm having it's overall very fun

14 minutes ago, Gam said:

I'm enjoying it too! having a hard time finding a character to stick to cause they're all fun :monkey:

Aside from some PC performance issues i'm having it's overall very fun

I'm playing it just like I did Gotham Knights, just rotating them in and out. I like to get a feel for them all. I'm playing on my Series X, and I haven't had any issues. The controls have a bit of a learning curve, especially as it relates to traversal, but once I catch onto it I'll definitely be having a blast!

I stopped my first gaming session of it after The Batman Experience. And it was incredible to be on the other side for a change. That was really tense and fun. Batman is scary, taking down my characters one by one. Shocked Baby GIF

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DamianSolo said:

I'm playing it just like I did Gotham Knights, just rotating them in and out. I like to get a feel for them all. I'm playing on my Series X, and I haven't had any issues. The controls have a bit of a learning curve, especially as it relates to traversal, but once I catch onto it I'll definitely be having a blast!

I stopped my first gaming session of it after The Batman Experience. And it was incredible to be on the other side for a change. That was really tense and fun. Batman is scary, taking down my characters one by one. Shocked Baby GIF

Oh the controls definitely take time, im still not there yet :monkey: I know which batman mission you mean, that was so good :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Gam said:

Oh the controls definitely take time, im still not there yet :monkey: I know which batman mission you mean, that was so good :clap3:

I bet! I keep getting confused when traversing. Deadshot's method seems to be the most straight forward, with the others being a little bit more tricky—but still fun to do, especially Captain Boomerang's. I'm looking forward to seeing how Joker's traversal method will work.

And, indeed! I hope we have a couple of more segments like that with Batman, with him being a type of wraith in the dark. That was just so very well done! I'm excited for the overall future of this game, especially as a DC Comics nerd.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.