Vinyl Talk | RSD 2024 is over... what'd you get?

James_Dean

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Her alt rock album from 1995 of which she recently found her lead vocal version! She's planning to put it out soon - a vinyl would be heavenly. Questlove was pushing a Record Store Day release. 

Ooooh. Thanks. I guess that would be cute, but the audience NEEDS Glitter anniversary box set (which we should’ve gotten last year) when/if that does happen I want the blu ray version, a mini disco ball, slip mat, CD and the vinyl itself WITH bonus tracks on the latter two :fan:

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Kings. said:

Ooooh. Thanks. I guess that would be cute, but the audience NEEDS Glitter anniversary box set (which we should’ve gotten last year) when/if that does happen I want the blu ray version, a mini disco ball, slip mat, CD and the vinyl itself WITH bonus tracks on the latter two :fan:

I wish, but apparently it's not happening per one of her assistants. :noparty:

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Her alt rock album from 1995 of which she recently found her lead vocal version! She's planning to put it out soon - a vinyl would be heavenly. Questlove was pushing a Record Store Day release. 

9 hours ago, FireFade said:

I pre-ordered Tove's deluxe blue Dirt Femme for $69 (with shipping - import taxes not included), I felt terrible because that's too much for a vinyl, but alright. hopefully it won't get delayed, March 2023 is far away as it is... :biblionny:

I feel the same way, but I might cancel and just get the pink urban outfitters exclusive. it's not like the "deluxe" moment will have extra songs on it, or anything. 

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

Questlove told Mariah in an interview to use SUD original version for RSD. Let's hope she listens

FdebFEmWAAA2wvS?format=jpg&name=large

It's a nice thought, but you know that she won't

lxZfHQx.gif

5 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Damn! I’ve heard about the surface noise and muted bass, but NOT the skips. And on three songs?! At this point, I’m going to wait for an eventual anniversary repress and hope it’s done right. 

What the hell…?! Mine was delivered last night (the inner sleeves have huge seam splits, of course). However, this happened to me before with a vinyl earlier this year. I called them and said that it was a gift for my sister’s birthday and now I have nothing to give her. The rep was sympathetic and asked if I wanted a refund. I said, no, it’s better late than never to give it to her, so send a replacement. However, I would like compensation for this error on YOUR END that has caused me great stress and now I have to go to a party giftless. They ended up refunding my order and sending me a replacement. And if they say all they can do is store credit, don’t let them lowball you. You negotiate for more, or ask to speak to a supervisor and tell your sob story to them. **** Amazon. Scam the hell out of them.

Oh well bishhhhhh.... Lemme go on live chat right now :nicole:

3 hours ago, James_Dean said:

It's a nice thought, but you know that she won't

lxZfHQx.gif

lets just hope she doesn't go with VMP again, and their overpriced nonsense. 

OT: I just received a US 12" dreamlover vinyl and I noticed that it doesn't contain the original version of the song which is somewhat disappointing. i'm still thankful to have it though, i'm slowly trying to buy all of her 12" single vinyls. right now I have someday, emotions, vision of love (7"), anytime you need a friend (jukebox vinyl), heartbreaker and now dreamlover

4 minutes ago, thetea said:

lets just hope she doesn't go with VMP again, and their overpriced nonsense. 

OT: I just received a US 12" dreamlover vinyl and I noticed that it doesn't contain the original version of the song which is somewhat disappointing. i'm still thankful to have it though, i'm slowly trying to buy all of her 12" single vinyls. right now I have someday, emotions, vision of love (7"), anytime you need a friend (jukebox vinyl), heartbreaker and now dreamlover

She's worked with VMP 3 times now... I don't trust ha! :tsk:

Last night I was playing my favorite 12" single with My All / Breakdown... it's so pretty :smitten: I would love to collect more 12s too

https://www.discogs.com/release/421168-Mariah-Carey-My-All-Breakdown

3 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

She's worked with VMP 3 times now... I don't trust ha! :tsk:

Last night I was playing my favorite 12" single with My All / Breakdown... it's so pretty :smitten: I would love to collect more 12s too

https://www.discogs.com/release/421168-Mariah-Carey-My-All-Breakdown

She needs to do what Aussie band Silverchair are doing (releasing their albums and the singles released from it on coloured vinyl).

6383_foto1_afbeelding_groot.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rocket said:

She needs to do what Aussie band Silverchair are doing (releasing their albums and the singles released from it on coloured vinyl).

this is what she should've done for butterfly. re-released honey, my all, breakdown and the roof on coloured 12 inch vinyl as well as the 4LP and 2LP

9 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

me too. but it's so expensive for me. the vinyls by themselves are only $5-10 dollars but the shipping is like $60 dollars meaning i have to pay a lot for one vinyl. that's why I try to buy them locally, but it's hard to find them in my country. this is how much the my all / breakdown 12" would cost

ADuYWtp.png

Edited by thetea

1 minute ago, thetea said:

this is what she should've done for butterfly. re-released honey, my all, breakdown and the roof on coloured 12 inch vinyl as well as the 4LP and 2LP

Literally. And I would have been fine with all the 12" being the same colour.

i'm debating whether or not to buy the butterfly 4LP from VMP for $294 dollars or to buy the rarities, #1s US RSD, rainbow UO red and Butterfly UO gold for $300. I wanna buy the VMP before it sells out but all of those for $300 is such a good deal

5 minutes ago, thetea said:

i'm debating whether or not to buy the butterfly 4LP from VMP for $294 dollars or to buy the rarities, #1s US RSD, rainbow UO red and Butterfly UO gold for $300. I wanna buy the VMP before it sells out but all of those for $300 is such a good deal

I'd buy the set. I feel like the VMP 4LP may be available for a while. Considering it's not limited like the first edition.

14 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Oh this is genius :soda: this is what Madonna needs to do too

10 minutes ago, thetea said:

me too. but it's so expensive for me. the vinyls by themselves are only $5-10 dollars but the shipping is like $60 dollars meaning i have to pay a lot for one vinyl. that's why I try to buy them locally, but it's hard to find them in my country. this is how much the my all / breakdown 12" would cost

ADuYWtp.png

That's awful :emofish: I'm sorry. Keep looking tho! You never know what you'll randomly find on discogs and ebay 

10 hours ago, Attitude said:

Anyone have a link for outer sleeves for gatefolds? The ones I have don’t seem to fit. :skull:

Have bought this 100 pack 3 times now, they aren't the clearest in the world but they aren't super cloudy either, and i've never had any problems with them! they even fit 3LP's or thicker / vinyl with extra sleeve space/ foldouts. They can be a bit bigger on some 1LP's but they still do a great job of protection and they fit basically anything that's 12 inches and not a boxset.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HHBA0PY?

edit: unfortunately just read a review saying the inner and outer parts of the sleeve can develop a "white residue" overtime that can also get left on the album covers and more on glossy ones- I would buy at your own risk and maybe choose a different brand honestly :skull: Sorry about that! I might start replacing all of mine in my collection that don't have hype stickers after reading that review now.. :toofunny3: (i've heard good things about vinyl styl, probably going to order from them next)

Edited by forslayage

So my order cancellation of Midnights was approved, they will just complete it in a bit. I'll just get a variant I want on release day and move on.

11 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Questlove told Mariah in an interview to use SUD original version for RSD. Let's hope she listens

FdebFEmWAAA2wvS?format=jpg&name=large

I’m a lamb but what the hell is SUD :rip:

22 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

I’m a lamb but what the hell is SUD :rip:

Her secret “grunge” album. Someone’s Ugly Daughter.

16 hours ago, Edibles. said:

I feel the same way, but I might cancel and just get the pink urban outfitters exclusive. it's not like the "deluxe" moment will have extra songs on it, or anything. 

I was thinking about getting the UO pink too, but the total would've come out around the same. (vinyl $29.98, VAT+shipping $38.09=$68.07)
It's crazy expensive when you're not from the US.

Edited by FireFade

• ATRL Moderator

When is Rina sending out her records?  I just checked my order information and it says it was supposed to be sent out August 28 (before the delay I know) but I haven't heard anything about the record since the official release and it's been some time now.  

12 minutes ago, khalyan said:

When is Rina sending out her records?  I just checked my order information and it says it was supposed to be sent out August 28 (before the delay I know) but I haven't heard anything about the record since the official release and it's been some time now.  

mine was pushed to the new album release date, but I haven’t heard anything since. her and Iggy are about to get cursed out!

-

@Attitude 100 pack of outer sleeves from Bid Fudge. These are the best ones I’ve ever used and they’re priced just under $25 (and currently has a coupon for $2 off) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07816ZPKH/ref=cm_sw_r_api_i_YTK4MC7GEX0JV0PXHN15_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Kings.

My Renaissance vinyl got lost in transit :rip: and amazon says they will refund me in 3 to 5 days :rip: at thi point i will wait until the vinyl is available everywhere, so sick of this messy preorder 

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Kings. said:

mine was pushed to the new album release date, but I haven’t heard anything since. her and Iggy are about to get cursed out!

-

@Attitude 100 pack of outer sleeves from Bid Fudge. These are the best ones I’ve ever used and they’re priced just under $25 (and currently has a coupon for $2 off) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07816ZPKH/ref=cm_sw_r_api_i_YTK4MC7GEX0JV0PXHN15_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My bank refunded my money from Iggy's record a few days ago so I don't have to worry about her anymore :smitten: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.