Vinyl Talk | RSD 2024 is over... what'd you get?

James_Dean

2 hours ago, Young In Love said:

my local record store is selling the lakes for 100 euros, is that even legal... scammers :biblio:

It's against RSD policy and you need to report them.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

I did not know Wallows was going to be so difficult :rip: it's already getting re-sold for over $100. Damn damn damn 

Any Sara Bareilles links?

I was surprise when my local store today didn't have #1s and Little Voice but had a ton of Madonna, Melanie C, Sam Smith, Kasey etc.

I wanted Sam Smith but $24 for 4 tracks just ain't it. My record store was also celling Melanie for nearly $40. Now sis. 

If anyone sees links for Little Voice or Mel C please reshare (LV looked like it was 27.99 at newbury in store which seemed very reasonable)

Edited by BreakinTheIce

4 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Sara ended up being one of the fastest sellouts. The demand is pretty shocking. As soon as I got in, her section was empty. Like many have said, I didn’t know she was so popular. Even my boyfriend who went to another store said it wasn’t available. 

interesting to see that other people were having similar experiences. my store even posted the day before about having a lot in stock and i got there only 2 hours after open and all Little Voice were gone

I'm ******* fuming, my local record shop is giving away all of their The Lakes vinyl (4 copies) for FREE.

Of course, out of the 5 people to sign up, I was the only one who did not get picked. :dancehall2:

8 hours ago, LoveInStereo said:

NGL Taylor being an ambassador for this event ****** it up. In the 10 years I've attended this ****, I have never in my life seen people lined up overnight at my local stores. This year, total calamity. All the fun's sucked out of it when it's that competitive. I'm not going Hunger Games for 12+ hours in the rain & wind to buy a $30 CAD 7 inch vinyl. That's nobody's idea of a good time. 3-5 hours, fine. Anything more thna that and you need to be 5150'd. Shame on her hardcore audience for taking everything so goddamn seriously & ruining it for well-adjusted people

If all they're there for is the Taylor release, and you aren't, then why does it matter what they do :rip:

Sorry local record stores got more business, which is literally the entire point of RSD :rip:

Losing confidence that I will be able to get Little Voice tomorrow... :cries: I'm considering getting the Doctor Who audiobook though. I've never listened to a Doctor Who audiobook before but it looks cute!

Edited by Jotham

RSD should have a requirement that all exclusives must contain inner rice paper sleeves :ryan2: it's the least they could do with the fortune they're charging us 

12 minutes ago, Young In Love said:

just snatched Mariah (@thetea) and PinkPantheress

get in: https://imusic.co/exposure/15314/record-store-day-2022-rsd-2022

yayyyyy i got it. thanks so much!!!!!!! this has been my first successful record store day, it's so hard to get the good, rare things in nz, they never had the gaga vinyl last year and they didn't have the taylor. they mostly stock old rock music because the vinyl market amongst young people is still small or maybe RSD just doesn't send any, but yeah. thanks so much!!!!

so excited it for it to arrive, was pretty affordable too, $62 for a vinyl including shipping to nz is cheap, i barely buy vinyl because it always ends up costing around $80 for 1LP (the VMP ones costed $80 each).

Edited by thetea

32 minutes ago, thetea said:

yayyyyy i got it. thanks so much!!!!!!! this has been my first successful record store day, it's so hard to get the good, rare things in nz, they never had the gaga vinyl last year and they didn't have the taylor. they mostly stock old rock music because the vinyl market amongst young people is still small or maybe RSD just doesn't send any, but yeah. thanks so much!!!!

so excited it for it to arrive, was pretty affordable too, $62 for a vinyl including shipping to nz is cheap, i barely buy vinyl because it always ends up costing around $80 for 1LP (the VMP ones costed $80 each).

np! same situation in my local stores. i'm glad i managed to get everything i wanted online :bird:

3 hours ago, Skins said:

They’re not slick omg I was about to order, international shipping was €12.99 but I decided to hold off and try find it elsewhere. Now international shipping is €19.99 AND they suddenly have a minimum spend of like €200 before you can even order :toofunny2: It definitely wasn’t like that 20 minutes ago

If anybody finds any other links for Little Voice or #1’s I would appreciate it!

Edited by its_britney_bitch

Here Amoeba goes with this stupid ass queue that I'll probably be stuck in well after 8am :clownny:

And since I'm stuck in it, I can't login beforehand so everything is prefilled for me :toofunny3: 

Edited by Kings.

Just secured Sara Bareilles. :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.