K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

9 hours ago, cloudbusting said:

this thread is SO funny in retrospect

the people hoping she was hacked before SM confirmed it themselves :dies:

I read this comment about herself for the first time and it’s giving reverse camila/fifth harmony :bibliahh:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I like LSRF but how. Lim Young Woong is performing much better than them in every aspect

I feel like they'll get a lot of hate from ajummas for this

They got a higher broadcast score and social media + sns score 

NhgH9My.gif

1 minute ago, Somi said:

They got a higher broadcast score and social media + sns score

It's mostly just the 0-5348 broadcast score. :fan:

14691860_793962_656.jpeg

The broadcast score is mostly determined by whether you made a "Idol Human Theater" youtube video for the KBSKpop channel.  Kinda similar to Show Champion having half of its broadcast score made up by if you appeared on Weekly Idol.  It's how Kim Wooseok was able to beat Taeyeon earlier this year despite having a ~0 digital score and having sold not many albums. :toofunny2:

:cm:

3 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

It's mostly just the 0-5348 broadcast score. :fan:

14691860_793962_656.jpeg

The broadcast score is mostly determined by whether you made a "Idol Human Theater" youtube video for the KBSKpop channel.  Kinda similar to Show Champion having half of its broadcast score made up by if you appeared on Weekly Idol.  It's how Kim Wooseok was able to beat Taeyeon earlier this year despite having a ~0 digital score and having sold not many albums. :toofunny2:

I know knetz are already seething 

NhgH9My.gif

Just now, Somi said:

I know knetz are already seething 

Hopefully the Oldwoongians find out where Lessewerfim are performing at festivals and whatever and show up en masse to protest.  They're really good with the poster board signs.

4 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

Hopefully the Oldwoongians find out where Lessewerfim are performing at festivals and whatever and show up en masse to protest.  They're really good with the poster board signs.

:deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Somi said:

Less than two weeks in the game and already singing live :clap3: I love talent :heart2:

NhgH9My.gif

not most of them being tone deaf. :skull:

1 hour ago, Somi said:

Less than two weeks in the game and already singing live :clap3: I love talent :heart2:

NhgH9My.gif

they should go back to lip syncing :lakitu:

Edited by Sailor Venus

OMG, these breadwinners are coming back, my kings:katie2:and the song sounds like a major BOP.

Btw, whoever was wearing that white jacket while being shirtless, turned me the f up:blush:

Lesserafim is my girl but their mb win is undeserved. The same reason yawn was winning left & right on music shows but none on mb, their criteria is sht :deadbanana4:

Aren't music shows irrelevant on Korea? Why do idols always make the most when they win, like if they won a Grammy or something:deadbanana4:

40 minutes ago, Axel. said:

not most of them being tone deaf. :skull:

Most? The whole thing sounds like a drunk karaoke. :rip:

2 minutes ago, BIAATCH said:

Aren't music shows irrelevant on Korea? Why do idols always make the most when they win, like if they won a Grammy or something:deadbanana4:

Because they know it will make their company happy. Most companies love these kinds of wins, as it's quick and easy good publicity. 

Plus I guess for the members, it's a validation that their debut/comeback is having some success. 

6 minutes ago, BIAATCH said:

Because otherwise they would be called ungrateful ******* who don't respect their fans and the country.

It shocks me that Korea still does music shows when most of the world hasn't had them since the mid 00s :rip:

21 minutes ago, BIAATCH said:

For a nugu group it means something but when you have 188992 wins it becomes irrelevant 

2 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

It shocks me that Korea still does music shows when most of the world hasn't had them since the mid 00s :rip:

Today on MuBank, there were 7 boy groups dancing on a random week in May.  Most of the world hasn't had that since ever. :fan:

And from what I've been told, while the in-home ratings for these shows are around phbbbt, apparently these music shows are still the most common background atmosphere you'll find running on screens in most sit-down restaurants, and that's a big deal in a place where it's still cheap to eat out.  And would also explain why kpop is so noisy now -- just trying to get someone's attention while they're eating.

Just now, Dialamba said:

For a nugu group it means something but when you have 188992 wins it becomes irrelevant 

Even if it's your 188993 trophy, Koreans like keeping score.

They should've let that trot singer take the win :rip: it wasn't worth this huge backlash they'll face

3 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

They should've let that trot singer take the win :rip: it wasn't worth this huge backlash they'll face

It’s nothing compared to the Garam backlash 

3 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

It's good they won it on a Friday.  Because by Monday his fans will have forgotten the malfeasance with their dementia and stuff.

1 minute ago, harrythevifan said:

It's good they won it on a Friday.  Because by Monday his fans will have forgotten the malfeasance with their dementia and stuff.

:deadbanana: :ahh: 

6 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

Twice survived they will survive :giraffe:

3 minutes ago, Somi said:

It’s nothing compared to the Garam backlash 

The Garam backlash wasn't ever that bad because she's really pretty.  Just has to be careful from now on. :cupid: