K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

3 minutes ago, Shou7 said:

The hot take here is that NJ and LSFM being inspired by RV is NOT mutually exclusive with RV being inspired by NJ and LSFM. Let's be real, RV would not be featuring an ugly ass rabbit graphic and Y2k 240P video aesthetic this comeback were it not for the success of NJ and LSFM. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Some of yall are so quick to call any form of influence "copying" when the reality is that none of these acts exist in a vacuum. And is it really "copying" if RV have made the aesthetic their own? It's got their signature quirky and unnerving vibe, and they all look stunning. This whole agument is so reductive tbh.

When did LSFM ever have Y2K aesthetic? And why don't we mention Itzy and Twice who actually did y2k concepts :deadbanana: Y'll act like NJ invented Y2K when it's just a huge trend in general in Korea since January this year. All these groups are just riding on the trend

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

When did LSFM ever have Y2K aesthetic? And why don't we mention Itzy and Twice who actually did y2k concepts :deadbanana: Y'll act like NJ invented Y2K when it's just a huge trend in general in Korea since January this year. All these groups are just riding on the trend

They literally have sections in antifragile that looks like it was shot out of a 2002 camcorder...??? And like what ITZY and TWICE song was 1. A hit and 2. Blew up BECAUSE of the Y2K concept? (dont really care for these groups but feel free to argue otherwise) Either way it doesn't detract from my point that influence=/=copying and influence is not an inherently negative thing

10 minutes ago, Shou7 said:

RV would not be featuring an ugly ass rabbit graphic and Y2k 240P video aesthetic this comeback were it not for the success of NJ and LSFM.

We've been through this. It's not a rabbit. It's a reference to the cat from Ice Cream Cake (2015) and Russian Roulette (2016).

SM's press release even said that Birthday would be referencing RV's older eras.

NJ is just a reductive rehash of MHJ's older concepts.

12 minutes ago, Zack said:

We've been through this. It's not a rabbit. It's a reference to the cat from Ice Cream Cake (2015) and Russian Roulette (2016).

SM's press release even said that Birthday would be referencing RV's older eras.

NJ is just a reductive rehash of MHJ's older concepts.

Rabbit or cat is beside the point. What matters is the style. Like, clearly from the tweet you quoted, the RV team is aware that there are so many different ways that the cat could have been depicted. So

1. Choosing for the cat to be in this style in this moment of time is a conscious decision which seems to be at least partially influenced by NJ's success

2. RV featuring the cat is a throwback to older concepts

3. NJ is a reductive rehash of old MHJ concepts

All three points can be true simultaneously. None of them are arguments against another.

Edited by Shou7

The absolute hypocrisy and selective outrage in here never fails to amaze me :dies:

everyone is so focused and hellbent on giving their own two cents that they don’t even realize how transparent their posts really are. Especially the ones who act all high and mighty over some kpop opinions. 

more entertainment for me though. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

10 minutes ago, Mel. said:

With thanksgiving tomorrow and the Christmas songs coming Shut down is going to fight for his spot :dancehall:

The nerve these usedjeans stans to attack RV on daily basis is worrying, like your whole usedjeans image persona and music is based on fx and red velvet, make it make sense... I have to laugh... 

Why wasn’t this on the album while Rosé’s solo song was? It’s not like the album was long :rip: Poor Jennie.

I will never understand YG and their decisions with this group. 

1 hour ago, Adama said:

With thanksgiving tomorrow and the Christmas songs coming Shut down is going to fight for his spot :dancehall:

Blinks better keep streaming :duca:

6 hours ago, Dialamba said:

How can you say RV is inspired by NJ and LSR it’s like saying Pink venom was inspired by black mamba :deadbanana4:Can y’all be serious 

People did say that though 

6 hours ago, Dialamba said:

it’s like saying Pink venom was inspired by black mamba :deadbanana4:Can y’all be serious 

omg I remember that it was so embarrassing :rip:

I remember a user here saying something like “watch Pink Venom have lyrics about new era/technology” I was laughing so hard :ahh:

OT: BoA being done with Kwangya is ironic given that there’s a popular theory that SHE is the naevis herself

I enjoy NJ attention is one of my most played songs this year but even if RV stole it they are about to do it better :gaycat2:

2 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

New_Jeans_(EP).jpg

Red-Velvet-2-1.jpeg

the illustration (+ its texture) + all caps + monotone :deadbanana:

it's literally newjeans pink and evil version

be fr:ahh: