K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

34 minutes ago, BTS said:

My hot take. If Lisa stopped trying to completely out dance everyone around her maybe the other girls wouldn’t be so embarrassed right now. They’re a group and need to act like one. Right now Lisa is dancing with 3 lazy ******* and she needs to be a team player and tone it down. She sticks out like a sore thumb cause she keeps overdancing.  

You aren’t gonna drag Lisa for doing her job because the other can’t keep up with a simply choreo. ?? V

R2U is SOTY, the last chorus is just immaculate. I need them to cb a with a strong title track no more mellow songs. We want ***** music again. :gaycat5:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Sheegs said:

NuguJeans served :jonny5:

kinda disappointed... was expecting something a little spicier from a group named Acid Angel from Asia

2 hours ago, black swan said:

a question for 127zens/nctzens: what are the chances of the link/the link+ songs being the new tracks of their upcoming repackage? I don't know if it's something SM has done before for older acts

I have both can we go back and lost as local files on spotify but it's not the same :chick3: I don't think SM is saving them for the members' solo/unit releases, maybe nct labs?

it makes no sense to me having them perform brand new songs for 15 shows only to discard them when the tour is over

SM does this all the time. There are multiple solos/units that are only performed on tour and never released from nearly all their groups. 

4 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

They cleared NewJeans, wtf :ghostface: I love the post chorus

The teaser for the KrystalEyes group at the end too :ghostface: They ate THAT

1 hour ago, BTS said:

My hot take. If Lisa stopped trying to completely out dance everyone around her maybe the other girls wouldn’t be so embarrassed right now. They’re a group and need to act like one. Right now Lisa is dancing with 3 lazy ******* and she needs to be a team player and tone it down. She sticks out like a sore thumb cause she keeps overdancing.  

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. Yes let’s blame the girl who’s doing their job instead of the lazy girls who could keep up if that wanted to but choose not to. 

12 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

They'll cross 10M this year when they release the album for their SKZ-Records songs :gaycat5:

8 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The way I was't expecting SKZ would be so high on Artist of the Year predictions. They are also #2 by a long marge on Worldwide Icon Daesang :biblionny:

I think this year they won't get nothing, but 2023 will be their year 

Screaming at their digitals being so low. I think they could've closed their gap with IVE if Case 143 was any good and fans bother to stream it but alas :rip: 

It's incredible they're #2 either way

6 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

These nugu 4th gen boy group idols are dropping like flies, omg.  It's truly the worst year for for boy groups, while it's the complete opposite for girl groups :deadbanana2:

His mesiness aside, I'm glad he left the group. His deep voice awful raps ruined most ONEUS songs for me. Him, Mingi, Haruto... they all need to shut up

1 hour ago, BTS said:

Umm what?

How about the other three try a bit more. Lisa is doing what she is supposed to be doing. Imagine if all four were lagging. :deadbanana:

4 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

Pluto, reminds me to never quote you again... Thank you :biblionny: j/

I can't think of any boygroup that reminds me of EXO in 4th gen. I'm not talking about musical direction or achivements, cause It's obvious, but in terms of trajectory. Not even a bit. EXO was a indusputable force by a long marge from 2013 to half of 2016 in their generation when they finally found competition. 

And the other boygroups are barely catching up to Exo's stats and none of them are going to match Exo's streams anytime soon (outside of maybe SKZ on Spotify). Exo are only behind BTS in their gen (by a large margin obviously) and are still leagues ahead of current 4th gen groups in terms of popularity. DFTF's sales + views and streams speak for themselves

1 hour ago, BTS said:

girl what :rip:

her energy is on point most of the time

1 hour ago, Sheegs said:

wait :katie2:

desperately need another winter album from my kings

spacer.png

Yunjin truly an entertainer, the way she always engages the audience and having so much fun on stage.

6 hours ago, newuser said:

When was the last time YG groups won a daesang? 

2018, iKON (love scenario, soty)

Edited by RyuHinode

3 hours ago, godmess said:

83 minutes :ghostface:

• la lalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalala :bam:

Truly girlgroups year :jonny4:

10 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

And the other boygroups are barely catching up to Exo's stats and none of them are going to match Exo's streams anytime soon (outside of maybe SKZ on Spotify). Exo are only behind BTS in their gen (by a large margin obviously) and are still leagues ahead of current 4th gen groups in terms of popularity. DFTF's sales + views and streams speak for themselves

DFTF's sales are impressive af. They are higher on Circle 2021 Year-End Chart (without any promotion, 9 years and going through military service) than any 4th generation boygroup. They were able to chart on Spotify Global and, as you mentioned had good views. And It's still worth mention that, despite, being their worst performance on Korea charts since they blew up in popularity (along with For Life), DFTF charted higher than these younger boygroups' comebacks. They were a force in all metrics even though they were only proper promoted until 2017. :jonny5:

Just a correction, Stray Kids already surpassed their Spotify streams some months ago and are very close to surpass on Youtube, the others are still far. But It blows my mind It took years since they stopped promoting, be more active and most of their releases are from an era K-pop wasn't big on these on-demand streaming plataforms to be surpassed by someone. 

4 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

Pluto, reminds me to never quote you again... Thank you :biblionny: j/

I can't think of any boygroup that reminds me of EXO in 4th gen. I'm not talking about musical direction or achivements, cause It's obvious, but in terms of trajectory. Not even a bit. EXO was a indusputable force by a long marge from 2013 to half of 2016 in their generation when they finally found competition. 

About Stray Kids, when debuted, I didn't expect them to be this physical sales monster they are or being the second most popular boygroup globally currently. Giving the big4 they came from, my last option to expect a big bg. I thought the success would be smaller. 

:biblionny:

Bestie, the thing I meant is that everyone thought that TXT and EXO were gonna be the biggest bg of their generations.
I know that EXO are the biggest SM bg and the 3rd biggest bg of all time after BTS and Bigbang.  

Stream the best boygroups in history and their best title tracks :giraffe:

2 hours ago, BTS said:

and what is she supposed to do exactly? pretend to be lazy? so that BP and their reputation get even more dragged because "even the main dancer is lazy!!1!!"

I'd rather see one dancing machine with a few dozens rather than only dozens (just an example, i'm not talking about blackpink)

OMG acid angels song is so excellent, Jaden Jeong we freaking love you :psyduck:

tripleSlay are gonna shatter kpop aaaaah

2 hours ago, Sheegs said:

The MV is a mash-up of Attention and Hype Boy. There's nothing wrong with using the Y2K aesthetic, but some of these scenes are far too obvious. :rip:

28 minutes ago, Winmill De Kwynn said:
  • la lalalalalalalalalalalaalalalalalalalala :bam:

Truly girlgroups year :jonny4:

I think this is my K-SOTY :bam:

the song is just CLICK with me right that, pls don't sink half way like LOONA :rip:

45 minutes ago, Hay Amores said:

Yunjin truly an entertainer, the way she always engages the audience and having so much fun on stage.

yess finally some live singing despite the double track

their energy is amazing