K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

3 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I know what you’re saying but my question was for the current scenario. It’s got nothing to do with who is making what kinda music. 

Neugenes proves it has everything with who is making the music.  BTS' sister group with Red Velvet's prior management created a bunch of sheepbots that guaranteed they would get attention while phase-shifting their chart positions.  All that was left was for the music not to suck.

And Blackpink's dominance in Korea in their 7th year after multiple long group hiatuses with that music just confirms their hold on 'em.

:cm:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

FOREVER 1 aka SOTY organic hit :clap3:

10 hours ago, newuser said:

Then who? 

Just like I said you only know the top4, cause the dance line of Pixy, class:y, purple kiss & Billlie are doing circles around them.

EDIT: Even Yuri herself said she can't do half of what Hyeju and Seonyu can do.

And I forgot about LIGHTSUM

Edited by Xalric

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Ok but let’s be serious…..did anyone ever think a brand new group would block Blackpink aka the biggest current girlgroup from #1 on Melon? 

that’s bizarre and I would have laughed if anyone said that a month ago :bibliahh:

this is kind of a proof that there is a shift happening in kpop as we know it. 

Tea, the 4th gen girls are coming for necks! It's kinda refreshing :heart:

31 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

One successful era and y’all start losing your mind, as if success is guaranteed in k-pop :deadbanana2:

Exactly lmao "who would have thought" "a shift is happening" and let's not forget users ignoring everything BP is doing to highlight the #2... in 2019 wasn't Itzy's debut the biggest gg smash of the year and crushed KTL?? 2 PAKS last year for aepsa and users were swearing up and down BP are over now Girls peaked at 10. Like we've seen this before. Every single time it's BPs time has come. Congrats on the viral song and hopefully the kids stay consistent but again, when will people realize BP are completely independent from kpop gens now. 

7 hours ago, DanceFreak said:

Anyway, stan the best song from nugu legends billlie. Washed weakly and their clc cosplay

spacer.png

omg taste

they deserve to have a STAYC level of success AT LEAST

uls peak on melon daily 

tomboy 528,799

attention 526,758 (so far)

Two smashes 

GODeul and friends in 1 hour :clap3:

43 minutes ago, Chemist said:

What a strange list :deadbanana:

Longevity Girls :clap3: Best Blackpink title track ever

The way Rookie GG from 2021/2022 ended the Rookie BG from 2021/2022 with the physical sales :jonny6:

IVE, Lesserafim, NMIXX, NewJeans, Kep1er  :clap3::clap3:

52 minutes ago, Moon said:

Exactly lmao "who would have thought" "a shift is happening" and let's not forget users ignoring everything BP is doing to highlight the #2... in 2019 wasn't Itzy's debut the biggest gg smash of the year and crushed KTL?? 2 PAKS last year for aepsa and users were swearing up and down BP are over now Girls peaked at 10. Like we've seen this before. Every single time it's BPs time has come. Congrats on the viral song and hopefully the kids stay consistent but again, when will people realize BP are completely independent from kpop gens now. 

The meltdowns. :toofunny2:

34 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

:deadbanana:

Another million selling group on the way

Spoiler

(maybe)

1 hour ago, Mel. said:

Quick! tell me what prior song BP has done that sounds like PINK VENOM

this has been their most hip-hop heavy leaning song they've ever done since debut

ya'll really gotta stop lying and using that "sounds the same" argument 

they've never did a song like PV

I know you feel pressed against the wall, everywhere you turn people are expressing their distaste and disappointment for this song. You quickly grab their awards, their achievements, their photography, manically shaking them against your ears to pretend that this is what you can hear. But it makes no sound. You scream, you cry, you post and you post and you post. The emptiness remains... 

3 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

The meltdowns. :toofunny2:

Ya'll bring up BP unprovoked 

and when we respond we're having "meltdowns"

girl BYE

stop using BP for ya'll's boring think pieces and you won't get addressed

ya'll have said the same thing a couple of times now

you're literally asking for a response form Blinks 

Weeekly is not the biggest 4th gen girl group flop. :rip: 

Their last album (where everyone hated the title track) sold 80k on Hanteo, which is more than any EVERGLOW album by nearly 2x. They run circles around many other groups from mid-tier companies like LIGHTSUM, Rocket Punch, Purple Kiss, and Cherry Bullet. As much as they fumbled their potential for a digital hit after After School, they're still growing in popularity with each album selling more than the last. 

The biggest 4th gen girl group flop is probably LIGHTSUM. :coffee: 

Album sales decline each comeback, no domestic hits, no international fanbase, no Korean fanbase aside from that one member rigged out of IZ*ONE.

2 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Ya'll bring up BP unprovoked 

and when we respond we're having "meltdowns"

girl BYE

stop using BP for ya'll's boring think pieces and you won't get addressed

ya'll have said the same thing a couple of times now

you're literally asking for a response form Blinks 

Girl, turn the italics off and CALM DOWN.

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

I know what you’re saying but my question was for the current scenario. It’s got nothing to do with who is making what kinda music. 

it literally has EVERYTHING to do with the music :deadbanana:Multiple interviews MH has said NJ is a music first group. They have debuted so strongly based on the universal acclaim and strength of the music. They have remained number 1 next to a highly anticipated 6-years-in-the-game beloved nations group at their peak comeback.... If that's the not music then idk what you think is happening.

1 minute ago, godmess said:

I know you feel pressed against the wall, everywhere you turn people are expressing their distaste and disappointment for this song. You quickly grab their awards, their achievements, their photography, manically shaking them against your ears to pretend that this is what you can hear. But it makes no sound. You scream, you cry, you post and you post and you post. The emptiness remains... 

Do you think I give a damn that ya'll don't like a BP song? lol

it's not surprising, I literally called it b4 the song even came out

you're not telling me anything new...

you know what would surprise me? ya'll actually liking a BP song

now that would sock it to me

they continue to win without ktrl sis....yall don't matter in the grand scheme of things