K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

3 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

Their fave is actually quite busy being a ratings juggernaut

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

LOL not you giving all the credit to that because she's there? 

Let me remember you the careers of the girls as solo? Their variety show is only a gift for sones who wanted to see them together again :chick3:

Jessica's music career is more buried than Chungha at the moment :dies:

She's trying way too hard to save her piece of crap boyfriend when it's not even worth it. The guy is ugly af and also a terrible person she really lost all her taste in guys hooking up with him 

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Eternium said:

They were #1 for non-dramas and they already set a record for highest sales for a 15th anniversary female release just through pre-orders on one site. Shinhwa holds the record with The Classic with 78,828 copies and GG will surpass that in one day :skull: 

I’mma need SONEs and Golden Stars to play nice and support each other. We’re having our best year since 2011 :coffee2: 

I saw a Karina stan account tweet just “Born Pink” and thought it was referring to Karina being such a devout Pink Blood. :toofunny2: It’s literally so good.

LOL not our fault the Jessnake Stan brought SNSD to the game without reason :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, hindsight said:

I don't see Black Mamba as a snake concept btw, the snake was the villain but that was it :deadbanana:  it's not like they used it like Taylor did for reputation.

Aespa talked about black mamba for 4 comebacks plus giving it a whole mv for savage. It was the main concept for a while but now it’s dead. 

Ugh i love me some BP antis delusional takes over announcement video

The girls™ are back indeed

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

1 hour ago, DanyelP23 said:

FY5rC_PaAAE5OxE?format=jpg&name=mediumFY5rCp4aMAIqwk-?format=jpg&name=medium

I need Moonbin to get himself a sponsor to payola his acting career ASAP (like Jeongyon's sister :rip:)

He's just too hot and talented for him to not be on my screen more in dramas:jonny5:

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

A visual :clap3:

He has a very strong face and kinda looks like a dinosaur/pit bull in the face but still being hot at the same. Just like Jeno from NCT. 

1 hour ago, hindsight said:

nostalgia + a reunion with all the original members will give them a top 10 hit 

Uhm..

IvQE.gif

50 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Fixed 

Yeah.. I was about to say what do we have to be bitter over? We truly dont care but itll be the first one bringing up Twice.  :rip:

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Edited by xfreshkidxx

The Rebecca stans still being bitter as always, bragging about ratings from a show that already has 2 previous successful seasons and guest stars who are more popular than her. It wasn't even because of her

While SNSD get to enjoy shows that is fully their own and is actually doing really well on streaming platforms and Youtube channels. JTBC variety never does well, except that Lee Hyori one. Even their recent variety with BTS and popular actors like Park Seo Jeon and Choi Woo Shik barely scrape 1 % in the most recent episode. So stay mad.

Well I am just hoping they won't mention a peeop about Kwangya or its lore in any of the songs 

1 hour ago, dlwlrma said:

i love sones humble side
 so convenient

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

I wonder what brought on this switch in attitude. 
ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Edited by Fanta

BLACKPINK :jonny6: give me some catchy girl crush for the pre-release and go experimental with the title track in September!

6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

me too 
1 month ago
"still nation's gg" "biggest kpop act ever" "half of the group still relevant to the gp your favs cant relate" *sone x vips about who is more relevant in Korea*
 ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

At least soshis want the charts i fear
Soshi Tam Tam and 8 appareances on variety shows already confirmed 

14 minutes ago, Fanta said:

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Maybe because all their peers have disbanded and have done worse than them  individually, so there's really no competition really. CL sold less albums than Hyoyeon, Hyolyn is still flopping unfortunately after Queendom, Sunmi had a decent hit but nothing big, Sunye and Nicole made a comeback with no one even posting it here.  

So yeah, technically the last one standing :alexz:

1 minute ago, exists said:

Maybe because all their peers have disbanded and have done worse than them  individually, so there's really no competition really. CL sold less albums than Hyoyeon, Hyolyn is still flopping unfortunately after Queendom, Sunmi had a decent hit but nothing big, Sunye and Nicole made a comeback with no one even posting it here.  

So yeah, technically the last one standing :alexz:

Not sure what this has to do with what I posted but good for the girls they are truly legends. :gaycat:

9 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

me too 
1 month ago
"still nation's gg" "biggest kpop act ever" "half of the group still relevant to the gp your favs cant relate" *sone x vips about who is more relevant in Korea*
 ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

The way they're going to set a record with their first day sales. Do IU stans ever get tired of getting lashed with album sales?

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

The way Koreans keep paying dust to SKZ, like they are truly not here for them:dies:

Luckily they have the rest of the world though :clap3:

Edited by Pluto2022

Some of y’all are so dumb seriously :skull: 

Mariah Carey is a legend but she can literally only chart at this point with her old Christmas catalogue. Doesn’t make her any less of a legend and household name. 

Acknowledging SNSD is legendary while still not expecting them to slay like they’re a trendy 4th generation group is…logical? Y’all try so hard to be catty :deadbanana4: 

47 minutes ago, exists said:

The Rebecca stans still being bitter as always, bragging about ratings from a show that already has 2 previous successful seasons and guest stars who are more popular than her. It wasn't even because of her

While SNSD get to enjoy shows that is fully their own and is actually doing really well on streaming platforms and Youtube channels. JTBC variety never does well, except that Lee Hyori one. Even their recent variety with BTS and popular actors like Park Seo Jeon and Choi Woo Shik barely scrape 1 % in the most recent episode. So stay mad.

Well I am just hoping they won't mention a peeop about Kwangya or its lore in any of the songs 

nobody is dumb enough to imply the competition show is successful just because of her. no bitterness in pointing out the fact she’s been watched on screens across china five billion times and soshi tam tam is serving flop ratings. and there especially isn’t any bitterness in pointing out the fact that she’s the korean celebrity with the most trending related tags on weibo ever with over 10 tags surpassing 100 million readers. let’s hope and pray these Holiday Night - Roman Reloaded: The Re Up teasers with aliens swapped for drag queens can sustain the same level of digital interest and engagement for forever 1. 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Edited by Seiko Oomori

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Mariah Carey is a legend but she can literally only chart at this point with her old Christmas catalogue. Doesn’t make her any less of a legend and household name. 

Acknowledging SNSD is legendary while still not expecting them to slay like they’re a trendy 4th generation group is…logical? Y’all try so hard to be catty :deadbanana4: 

15 years into her career, Mariah was re-peaking and smashing with Emancipation of Mimi, so that is not a favorable comparison. 

Just now, Zack said:

15 years into her career, Mariah was re-peaking and smashing with Emancipation of Mimi, so that is not a favorable comparison. 

Literally comparing their career is nonsensical. Only point is legends don’t need to chart well after they’re already certified legends. They have nothing to prove. 

11 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The way Koreans keep paying dust to SKZ, like they are truly not here for them:dies:

Luckily they have the rest of the world though :clap3:

Damn, not expecting that. Maybe it's just because they're not in promo season anymore.

6 minutes ago, Gaia said:

That’s definitely not the point...y’all still have a nightmare of twice 3 years stomping...it’s always the same people who drag twice for flopping, I mean months ago it was SNSD is the biggest GG in japan and twice showed that’s not true, y’all brag about their individual career and legendary statue so I guess people expect the NGG to top the charts since they’re invisible.  
ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Just now, Gaia said:

Literally comparing their career is nonsensical. Only point is legends don’t need to chart well after they’re already certified legends. They have nothing to prove. 

I agree it's nonsensical, but you initiated that comparison, not me :cm:

Personally, I have no expectations as to whether SNSD do good or bad. They're well past their peak (since 2014). All the weight and legacy behind the SNSD name was achieved in their 9 member era anyway. 

These days their sales and streams have been cannibalized by Taeyeon. Just ask Hyoyeon about DEEP's chart performance. Idk why that other sone was comparing that to CL either. CL did better. 

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

That’s definitely not the point...y’all still have a nightmare of twice 3 years stomping...it’s always the same people who drag twice for flopping, I mean months ago it was SNSD is the biggest GG in japan and twice showed that’s not true, y’all brag about their individual career and legendary statue so I guess people expect the NGG to top the charts since they’re invisible.  
ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

You’re the person who always makes **** up and says “you guys were saying xxx” with 0 receipts just like that dumb “They were saying Aespa were 4th gen leaders after a month of NL” when at that time it only peaked at #4 so no one was saying that then :deadbanana2: 

Stop making **** up for weak drags

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

I agree it's nonsensical, but you initiated that comparison, not me :cm:

Personally, I have no expectations as to whether SNSD do good or bad. They're well past their peak (since 2014). All the weight and legacy behind the SNSD name was achieved in their 9 member era anyway. 

These days their sales and streams have been cannibalized by Taeyeon. Just ask Hyoyeon about DEEP's chart performance. Idk why that other sone was comparing that to CL either. CL did better. 

I actually didn’t compare SNSD and MC careers, only their status as legends. She’s a legend and doesn’t chart anymore NOW and no one cares. 

5 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

me too 
1 month ago
 ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Well those statements are true, and has no relation to SNSD succesful comeback or not. BoA used to sell 1 million copies yet now can barely scrape 10k, that doesn't make her any less of a legend.

- They are still the nation gg proven by all the titles given to them in their comeback articles

- they are one of the biggest kpop act ever especially compared to most of your faves

- Taeyeon had 2 hits in a year. Seohyun, Yoona, Sooyoung, Yuri, all as lead roles have drama airings these two months. Tiffany just completed one of the biggest musical, and her drama will air in November.  Hyoyeon just had her solo which sold better  and does decently on Spotify than most of her 2nd gen peers. Only Sunny is jobless recently.  So how is it that they're not relevant, when other 2nd gens barely even have a chance as a main drama lead, or release music.
- sones vs vips all stems of from GD vs Taeyeon. I don't think any Sone said SNSD is bigger musically than BB, but they are at certain period more relevant. SNSD relevancy does not directly correlate to music, unlike BB. 

8 variety shows other than SSTT? MMTG, Nolto, Knowing Bros, Game Caterers, that's only 4, what are the other 4 that even sones don't know? I hope you're right though, I want to see them on Killing Voice, Studio Choom, The Manager and Running Man.

But yeah, I believe they will do well, the hype is there. However if they're not doing well, it's not a surprise either. They're a 15 year old group. When groups that have releases constantly like Twice can fail to chart well in their 6th year and aespa not doing as welll as expected after a huge hit, anything can happen.