Just now, Zack said:

No.

RIm4nXp.gif

aespa should start asking for Kai’s demosRIm4nXp.gif

btw

black mamba > savage > girls > next level

RIm4nXp.gif

11 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I remember a few months ago one user here (I think it was @IvyTower ) said that MV of Black Mamba was refilmed numerous times with different trainee groups, and if you watch the MV you will notice that at some scenes the girls looked very very different (especially face and hair color) than in other, fresher scenes

I bet it was really chaotic

That was one of my theories about the why but the part of the MV being filmed more than once, at the beginning of 2020 when Giselle and Helen joined the agency and one during the summer was actually confirmed. still weird they would use old scenes from the first shoot in early 2020 if some of the girls were going to get touch ups between the shoots. We’ll probably never know why though. We also do know that some agencies shoot music videos with different iterations predebut that never make it, esp JYP.

Edited by IvyTower

Omggg :deadbanana2: the way they lip synced, yet still served this kind of clownery  wodbwudh 

89e1867345a95843c0b145b99e4c2f02.gif

Savage is still better than Girls, but neither are topping Next Levhul. Truly the BPrint, looking like they may have peaked quality wise after their first comeback too. I need them to find some old f(x) demos and leave these NCT scraps alone :emofish:

perched for the collapse that will be the eventual Karina solo in like 2025

RIm4nXp.gif

I always love when a blackpink or twice fan tries to start talking about aespa's performance ability. :ahh:

26 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Suddenly many of you are saying Savage (the song) is excellent but when it was released I remember the lashings and how panned it was here by many of you. :deadbanana:

I hated the teaser because the chorus is super polarizing admit it, but when the full song came out I was in love, the prechorus and the bridge are just heavenly

17 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I remember a few months ago one user here (I think it was @IvyTower ) said that MV of Black Mamba was refilmed numerous times with different trainee groups, and if you watch the MV you will notice that at some scenes the girls looked very very different (especially face and hair color) than in other, fresher scenes

I bet it was really chaotic

That’s not true. Black mamba was filmed in august 2020, for some reason they had to reshoot in September. Aespa has been 4 members since April 2020 when Giselle joined the group and they started practicing black mamba together. There were never other trainees group who filmed black mamba 

d6a53fca-516d-11eb-ad83-255e1243236c_ima

this concepts was the one they have to added to the MV. 

Edited by gugunikko

26 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Suddenly many of you are saying Savage (the song) is excellent but when it was released I remember the lashings and how panned it was here by many of you. :deadbanana:

It obviously takes time to get used to any aespa song, but as soon as I noticed the Dark Horse-lite instrumental in the Savage chorus, I was sold. Even though there were so many disjointed elements in that song, each one of them were excellent on their own and they moved freely from one to another. Girls in comparison is just jumbled noise for me and I can’t pinpoint any single thing that stands out to me.

10 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

TABS

Animated gif about gif in Kai by KAI on We Heart It

whew the camera person  knew what they were doing :keir:

also Karina is a force, I wasn’t sure about her vocals when they debuted but she showcases an amazing range every comeback, she just keeps getting better

but her best era visually was savage 

2 minutes ago, Century said:

I always love when a blackpink or twice fan tries to start talking about aespa's performance ability. :ahh:

…. TWICE even during LOA/CU/TT were more energetic. TWICE May lip sync (like aespa) but they did a lot more in terms of performing than aespa’s ever done. BP also had some great choreo coming out early on with Boombayah and have excellent stage presence. 

6 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Omggg :deadbanana2: the way they lip synced, yet still served this kind of clownery  wodbwudh 

:bibliahh:

8 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

I’m glad they stuck with lip synching. No one wants to sit through 30 minutes of missed notes. 

4 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

…. TWICE even during LOA/CU/TT were more energetic. TWICE May lip sync (like aespa) but they did a lot more in terms of performing than aespa’s ever done. BP also had some great choreo coming out early on with Boombayah and have excellent stage presence. 

Like why is that user so mad at Blackpink and Twice though? :rip: BP still has better stage presence than aespa. Jennie oozes charisma and Lisa is literally arguably the best dancer in 3rd gen. 
also Twice is KNOWN for their synchronization and even the weakest performer in the group doesn’t fall short while performing together. Plus those girls are either charismatic or energetic. There is no gap.
like you don’t have to drag other groups just because your faves are being called out :dies:

Edited by Witnessed ET

4 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Now imagine THIS song with all that budget :jonny:

it's perfection

and even the girls knew GIRLS wasn't all that, based on their rankings even tho people here tried to question their taste!

I'm sure GIRLS will do well tho. I thought Step Back was also unlistenable but it happened to smash as well

koreans seem to love that sound

15 minutes ago, IvyTower said:

That was one of my theories about the why but the part of the MV being filmed more than once, at the beginning of 2020 when Giselle and Helen joined the agency and one during the summer was actually confirmed. still weird they would use old scenes from the first shoot in early 2020 if some of the girls were going to get touch ups between the shoots. We’ll probably never know why though. We also do know that some agencies shoot music videos with different iterations predebut that never make it, esp JYP.

Helen was in a different team, she never trained with Aespa, aespa was 5 girls before giselle came with winter Karina Ningning with ouju and rino. Rino and ouju got cut and Giselle was added to the group in April 2020. 

aespa-Black-Mamba-mv-screenshot-2020-bil

f8abbaa8a2b44b1882bb1556506e950f.jpeg?s=

these scenes were shoot in august 2020 an some of the scenes were added later like this 

aespa-member-profile-1.jpg

Edited by gugunikko

1 minute ago, ItsJustMe. said:

it's perfection

and even the girls knew GIRLS wasn't all that, based on their rankings even tho people here tried to question their taste!

I'm sure GIRLS will do well tho. I thought Step Back was also unlistenable but it happened to smash as well

koreans seem to love that sound

Yeah I’m sure it will smash because they’re clearly at their peak and have all the hype right now. But the song is definitely not for me. I’ll still bop to Illusion daily religiously though :gaycat2:

2 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Like why is that user so mad at Blackpink and Twice though? :rip: BP still has better stage presence than aespa. Jennie oozes charisma and Lisa is literally arguably the best dancer in 3rd gen. 
also Twice is KNOWN for their synchronization and even the weakest performer in the group doesn’t fall short while performing together. 
like you don’t have to drag other groups just because your faves are being called out :dies:

I have no clue :deadbanana2:

Like I’m one of the first people to throw a jab at BP but to say they can’t perform is an outright LIE when their entire persona and success is built off the fact that they can make mediocre or average songs be ELEVATED through their sheer charisma alone (see: Sour Candy, Kiss and Make Up)

As for TWICE, their performance ability and charms while performing is literally what put them on the map so… :deadbanana:

The girls said at the SMCU + dancers revealed they first shot in early 2020 I believe if someone has the link that was posted before. Zach mentioned the early shoot too. I’m just happy with the lineup we ultimately got we’ll never know anything past grain-of-salt speculation about the secret workings of rookie development. 

Edited by IvyTower

5 hours ago, BadX said:

IVE is more like Red Velvet who's getting some attention internationally for their songs without a push

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there news a few months ago that IVE is planning on getting an international push soon? I think it was something like signing with a record label or an investment but regardless IVE seems to be next in line regarding international promotions.

7 hours ago, Harrier said:

Doesn't help that not a singer female SM idol is from SEA

Wasn't f(x) the only SM girl group to have foreign (non-Korean) members (2) before aespa? I think Giselle is also their first (half) Japanese member so it's not too surprising they wouldn't even have someone from SEA. Speaking of which it reminds me of a video that mentioned how the archetypes of each girl in BP could be a factor to their success which includes Lisa being from SEA, giving fans/people the idea that they could be "foreign" like her and also be in a successful group. While Giselle definitely has that relatable vibe especially internationally, a SEA member definitely would've helped add relatability way more than someone from Japan in K-pop in terms of identity. Idk that's just my thought, not that I'm complaining about Giselle or the final lineup. As arbitrary as it might be to have point this out, I just think SM missed out on a good opportunity given how aespa is getting pushed internationally.

Edited by IAmJustAKnee

24 minutes ago, thirdward said:

btw

black mamba > savage > girls > next level

RIm4nXp.gif

I would switch girls with savage but :clap3:at the black mamba stanning.

black mamba > girls > savage > next level

RIm4nXp.gif

The way some members here have next level as their best TT just because it charted well...

RIm4nXp.gif