K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

39 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Wait at Sneakers falling below Illusion in the weekly digital chart. :deadbanana:

time the ultimate truth teller

It's safe to say Illusion is a HIT then :clap3:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

Sneakers success still making people’s blood boil 4 months later. :clap3:

9 minutes ago, CrisPop said:

The way they are waiting for 4 months to their fave group last cb surpass it in an irrelevant chart. Tragic behaivour :eli:

16 minutes ago, CrisPop said:

No one is mad about it. It’s just funny how Aespa were “flops” this year when Sneakers did on par with Illusion but Itzy’s standard is apparently so low that’s considered a smash era for them. 

Sneakers - 250M

Illusion - 225M 

:rip: 

Itzy finally giving us some grown music! Those bsides sound so good! Kidz bop era is over!

1 hour ago, paddii_ said:

LSF and IVE releasing their debut tracks also as debut tracks in Japan seems kinda lazy :monkey:

I think that’s the standard. Twice did it with TT, even if it’s not their debut hit it was their breakthrough hit. So are fearless and eleven both did quite well. 

Aespa’s last TT

Girls 200M

Illusion 250M

Savage 500M

Next level 1.1B 

Well at least Itzy is consistent since 2020 while aespa is doing ÷2 every cb  :deadbanana4:

Edited by Dialamba

Imagine Sneakers getting you so pressed :rip: 

9 hours ago, Gaia said:

Red Velvet has LITERALLY done that before

Y’all are so delusional :deadbanana2:Neither NJ nor LSRF invented this. Especially when the groups y’all are saying are “influenced” have literally done the same **** in the past.

???? Okay, they did it 5 years ago. So why are they doing it again in 2022? Because they spun some random aesthetic concept generator and y2k came up? Let's be serious.

Just because i said that RV'S comeback was influenced by NJ and LSRF (to a lesser extent) doesnt mean that SM watched attention/antifragile and modelled birthday after those PVs. All im saying is that

1. Y2K has been blowing up, NJ is the representative of that wave

2. LSRF has shown that the aesthetic continues to enjoy success

3. SM is being opportunistic by making incorporating the y2k aesthetic into birthday 

This whole "they did it in the past so they received 0 influence from a new group" logic only works when the older group has a consistent look/concept. For example if 2NE1 had a girl crush comeback it would make 0 sense to say they were influenced by BP because girl crush was 2NE1's entire brand. The same cannot be said abt RV and Y2K.

5 hours ago, Xalric said:

Who's doing it like them

Solar - Water color (Wheein Song)

Hwasa - Eclipse (Moonbyul Song)

Wheein - Honey (Solar Song)

Moobyul - Twit (Hwasa Song)

Full group

Spill It Out (Solar Song)
Make Me Happy (Wheein Song)

Lunatic (Moonbyul Song)

Maria (Hwasa Song)

Oh by the way their concert is 3h15 minutes with a live band... (For the person who said our faves couldn't handle a 1 hour and half show live with a band, guess mine can).

I loved it so much, I know I squealed like a girl but oh girl oh girl this is soooo well done. 

38 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I think that’s the standard. Twice did it with TT, even if it’s not their debut hit it was their breakthrough hit. So are fearless and eleven both did quite well. 

Aespa’s last TT

Girls 200M

Illusion 250M

Savage 500M

Next level 1.1B 

Well at least Itzy is consistent since 2020 while aespa is doing ÷2 every cb  :deadbanana4:

Wait, when was the last time Itzy managed to snatch more than 500M digital points in one era? Don't tell me is Dalla Dalla. :deadbanana:

30 minutes ago, Shou7 said:

???? Okay, they did it 5 years ago. So why are they doing it again in 2022? Because they spun some random aesthetic concept generator and y2k came up? Let's be serious.

Just because i said that RV'S comeback was influenced by NJ and LSRF (to a lesser extent) doesnt mean that SM watched attention/antifragile and modelled birthday after those PVs. All im saying is that

1. Y2K has been blowing up, NJ is the representative of that wave

2. LSRF has shown that the aesthetic continues to enjoy success

3. SM is being opportunistic by making incorporating the y2k aesthetic into birthday 

This whole "they did it in the past so they received 0 influence from a new group" logic only works when the older group has a consistent look/concept. For example if 2NE1 had a girl crush comeback it would make 0 sense to say they were influenced by BP because girl crush was 2NE1's entire brand. The same cannot be said abt RV and Y2K.

spacer.png

SM was already on that Y2K wave and SM was already the ones late to that wave.

Even Sunmi had been doing Y2K influences before Taeyeon. Red Velvet, like Newjeans, are both using a trend that they already has been overused for years already.

Do newjeans stans just think they created it or its revolutionary because they're teenagers wearing it rather than women past their mid twenties? :bibliahh:

21 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

spacer.png

SM was already on that Y2K wave and SM was already the ones late to that wave.

Even Sunmi had been doing Y2K influences before Taeyeon. Red Velvet, like Newjeans, are both using a trend that they already has been overused for years already.

Do newjeans stans just think they created it or its revolutionary because they're teenagers wearing it rather than women past their mid twenties? :bibliahh:

I don't even listen to new jeans so what now...??? 

Idk why ur bringing sunmi and taeyeon into the conversation? When someone brings up Y2K K-pop, no one is going to bring them up before NJs. The trend existed before NJs, yes. But NJs are the representatives of the trend. This has nothing to do with whether people think theyre revolutionary or not.

And comparisons are being made between NJ and birthday specifically because of similarities in the use of an animal mascot IN A SIMILAR STYLE. Whether or not the cat has appeared before is a different discussion.

Like im really not understanding whats the big deal abt admitting that RV creative directors probably took some inspiration from NJ???? Its not even a negative thing??? Inspiration=/plagiarism

(And we all know abt SM and their mood boards.)

Edited by Shou7

7 minutes ago, Shou7 said:

I don't even listen to new jeans so what now...??? 

Idk why ur bringing sunmi and taeyeon into the conversation? When someone brings up Y2K K-pop, no one is going to bring them up before NJs. The trend existed before NJs, yes. But NJs are the representatives of the trend. This has nothing to do with whether people think theyre revolutionary or not.

And comparisons are being made between NJ and birthday specifically because of similarities in the use of an animal mascot IN A SIMILAR STYLE. Whether or not the cat has appeared before is a different discussion.

Like im really not understanding whats the big deal abt admitting that RV creative directors probably took some inspiration from NJ???? Its not even a negative thing??? Inspiration=/plagiarism

(And we all know abt SM and their mood boards.)

You mean the animal mascot that was already shown to have been used before by Red Velvet? The group who do references to their past comebacks EVERY comeback? 

Anyways I'm bringing up Taeyeon and Sunmi because they were decked out in Y2K for 2021. BLACKPINK as well conceptualized their BORN PINK concept with Y2K as far back as May. Even Nayeon used Y2K for POP right before newjeans came out and I'm assuming Talk That Talk by TWICE was conceptualized around then too with more Y2K. 

Newjeans can't be representatives for a trend that they were already super late to. :swan:

3 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Cheshire sounds like a b-side it’s a little bit too generic but freaky and snowy are giving. Lowkey a 3/4 album. 

They only teased the bridge of every track, so we still have no idea what the actual songs sound like. But "Cheshire" sounds mature from the bridge alone, so we won :clap3:

The way JYP catfishing the fans with a royal concept last era, really backfired on him, cause the teasers made people realize that they wanted ITZY to do a royal and mature concept instead of the "I love myself" concept.  So JYP had no other choice but to change their whole concept now :dies:

I honestly feel like Sneakers would've gotten a way better reception if they didn't catfish us at first with the royal concept, and came directly with whatever concept "Sneakers" was. 

Edited by Pluto2022

they were ahead of their time with this one

we need a love song x shut down x nxde mashup :gayorkcat3:

3 hours ago, hallucinate said:

itzy title track sounds nice :soda:i might have to stan a bit

also:

:gayorkcat3:

Boooo they should have utilised the japanese debut to finally make  a Blue Flame MV like BTS did with Airplane pt.2 

39 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

They only teased the bridge of every track, so we still have no idea what the actual songs sound like. But "Cheshire" sounds mature from the bridge alone, so we won :clap3:

The way JYP catfishing the fans with a royal concept last era, really backfired on him, cause the teasers made people realize that they wanted ITZY to do a royal and mature concept instead of the "I love myself" concept.  So JYP had no other choice but to change their whole concept now :dies:

I honestly feel like Sneakers would've gotten a way better reception if they didn't catfish us at first with the royal concept, and came directly with whatever concept "Sneakers" was. 

Not really. They had already recorded Cheshire before Sneakers came out. JYP said the next single (Cheshire) was his favorite ITZY track. 

1 hour ago, BTS said:

Boooo they should have utilised the japanese debut to finally make  a Blue Flame MV like BTS did with Airplane pt.2 

A blue flame video probably already exists though

we probably just won't ever see it

Can I be real with y'all for a second? Went back to listen through RV's discography to hype myself up a bit more to the release of this upcoming EP and I've got to be honest. RV's only bad album is The Velvet. Like, I don't rate it all all, always skip it when it comes on shuffle. So glad they've never gone back to terrie music like that, the whole thing is terrible, down to the album cover. Love all their other music though. Can't wait to hear what this album is like.