J-Pop Thread: Kuu and Ayu slay at A-Nation

Britneyfan09

On 7/26/2024 at 9:26 AM, Subomie said:

My initial thought was to have a bonus section for interludes, maybe to pad out a smaller part three, but I would be willing to just include them in the main festivities as well. :bird:

Off-topic, but who is the qt in your avi? He's got me BRICKED UP :heart:

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Curaga

• AMIT

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Revisited Rock'n'Roll Circus, well... Don't look back will always be that song though

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

Revisited Rock'n'Roll Circus, well... Don't look back will always be that song though

A CLASSIC!

I've always loved that album, felt like the ultimate evolution of her rock sound. Very polished stuff. :heart:

I'm thinking...

Part 1: A Song for xx - My Story (~110 songs)

Part 2: (miss)understood - LOVE again (~130 songs)

Part 3: Colours and onwards (~60 songs)

I could move Love again to 3 to make the numbers more even, but there's time yet to discuss all of that. I'm pretty happy with the part 1 lineup at least. :suburban:

1 hour ago, UrMom said:

Off-topic, but who is the qt in your avi? He's got me BRICKED UP :heart:

Here u go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Subomie said:

I'm thinking...

I could move Love again to 3 to make the numbers more even, but there's time yet to discuss all of that. I'm pretty happy with the part 1 lineup at least. :suburban:

Here u go.

If you start part 3 with Party Queen like Kyle-x suggested (i.e., move the 29 songs from Party Queen and LOVE again to part 3), it would even it out even more with part 2 at ~101 and part 3 at ~89, unless I missed some additional releases you mean to include. I know Suilen said a shorter part 3 might be easier/more attractive, so I'm up for however you wanna divide it. I think we'd all be grateful just for part 1! :worship2:

Edited by Curaga

2 minutes ago, Curaga said:

If you start part 3 with Party Queen like Kyle-x suggested (i.e., move the 29 songs from Party Queen and LOVE again to part 3), it would even it out eve more with part 2 at ~101 and part 3 at ~89, unless I missed some additional releases you mean to include. I know Suilen said a shorter part 3 might be easier/more attractive, so I'm up for however you wanna divide it. I think we'd all be grateful just for part 1! :worship2:

Kii yeah, the number balance and sonic through-line makes more sense that way... I just don't think a rate of 90 songs with Ayu's post 2012 output is going to be an attractive idea to a lot of people :skull:

But there's time to work these things out, the Part 1 lineup is pretty good and agreeable I think.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Subomie said:

I'm thinking...

Part 2 seems like it'll be a mess, but I'm not necessarily against it. Just the right number of albums people care/don't care about. And the last time I listened to Love again was like 10 years ago, let me see if anything grows on me...

Edited by Suilen

9 hours ago, Subomie said:

I'm thinking...

Here u go.

Maybe a singles rate first? I feel like she has too many albums for people to commit to a 3-part rate.

26 minutes ago, romiskes said:

Maybe a singles rate first? I feel like she has too many albums for people to commit to a 3-part rate.

There was one in 2017, and while I wouldn't mind a redo, the albums deserve their flowers, too, and some were released as singles almost in their entirety. I think that at least part 1 is worth doing, and if there's enough interest, they can keep going.

• Like 1

Me looking for Kana's new single on the charts

looking-around-searching-for-you.gif

Edited by Suilen

I don't even know if we'd be allowed to re-do a singles rate, there hasn't been much new material since the last one.

Plus, I think we can at least get two of the parts done with some interest. And we can wing it with whether a third part comes to be or not :heart:

Anyway, bop.

• Like 2

Cute (though I expected more considering her long absence). It seems that there'll be an EP in September, so more stuff to look forward to. 

Miliyah is releasing a song with LANA in several hours, I hope it's good.

I guess it's cute

On 7/28/2024 at 8:25 PM, Subomie said:

Anyway, bop.

I went on a spree earlier today to see which Japanese artists I can remove from my collection due to being on Spotify, and then I noticed that the album this song is from (Lights) isn't there. And that's the case for plenty of Japanese artists, this or that album is always missing.

Finally released on streaming today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 5/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, truthteller said:

stream vaundy now

Ugh I love vaundy 

also it was today that I found out there's a Jpop discussion thread :rip: @skankledid you know? 

12 minutes ago, Britneyfan09 said:

Not bad for a TK song

:clack:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Ugh I love vaundy 

also it was today that I found out there's a Jpop discussion thread :rip: @skankledid you know? 

I think I've scrolled through here before but never made the time to reply :chick1: But let me use my first post to say Perfume are the greatest musical act of all time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skankle said:

I think I've scrolled through here before but never made the time to reply :chick1: But let me use my first post to say Perfume are the greatest musical act of all time.

I KNEW you'd plug Perfume here 

I'm not very familiar with this group, but the music video is cool; I love the horror concept.

Phantom Siita "Just Wanna xxxx With You" 

Edited by Reginald

7 hours ago, Britneyfan09 said:

WHAT?! The King of Songwriting and the Queen of Erotic Cool?

Too much excellence :heart:

• Like 2

Missing this queen so much today :heart: I need new material

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.