• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Curaga

• AMIT

• Joseline

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalen Anzai finally dropped her album(s).

The best album is J-pop excellence!

The studio album is solid too.

I kind of wish Avex gave these songs to someone else... Kalen lacks charisma and I can't see her career taking off.

Haven't listened to Wednesday Campanella in a while but I'm not really feeling the new vocalist, she seems cool and all but it's not the same

4 hours ago, Japan said:

Why Jpop is so unpopular compared to Kpop? :giraffe:

Japan loves to region block everything, during the 00s J-pop was getting some recognition. But having to download and pirate everything gets tiring after a while, Korean entertainment was way more accessible especially in the late 00s causing the Hallyu Wave and it's been going strong since.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Japan said:

It has a somewhat distinctive sound unlike K-Pop which are just western songs sung in korean

but every once in a while a western-friendly Jpop song will go viral globally

like this one

26 minutes ago, Milestone said:

Blogspot and Jpopsuki were my besties back then :dies:

Also who cares about K-pop being more popular right now? The J-music Industry has already solidified themselves. The only thing that’s keeping the SK-music Industry afloat is K-pop and its inflated sales.

Once the k-pop craze is over…Next topic!

Also J-pop doesn't need international success, Japan itself is the 2nd biggest music market in the world :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Japan said:

I follow some Jpop artists and even if fans want it they never go international. Theyre hyper-nationalistic. They missed out on so many opportunities.
Is insane how Anime and Videogames can go global but when it comes to music theyre so "reclusive". 

My fave ayu tried to go a little bit international with her albums Colours.
There was a lot of backlash in the japanese world and she returned to Japan all humilliated and askin for forgiveness :emofish: :gaycat4:

My0xMTc3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Stan Nogizaka46 aka the biggest girl group right now :bird:

somewhere to stan SG5 :jonny:

12 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Japan loves to region block everything, during the 00s J-pop was getting some recognition. But having to download and pirate everything gets tiring after a while, Korean entertainment was way more accessible especially in the late 00s causing the Hallyu Wave and it's been going strong since.

Used to tbh. Now j-music is pretty accessible (except for Johnny's acts). Music Shows and live content though still a pain to get access to.

But yeah, it all comes down to Japan, unlike Korea, not needing the outside world to keep their industry afloat.

• 1 month later...

Pretty good for miss Apple's latest standards

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

BENI - the covers chanteuse has covered the legendary Tatsuro Yamashita's RIDE ON TIME.
Maybe another city pop COVERS album is in the works for BENI.

• Like 1

Happy fifth anniversary, 初恋!

• Like 1

OMG THIS IS SO SOPHIE :jonny5:

Very nice. We need a mini album at least.

• Like 1

Where are the Amuronators?

Sheegs

• 1 month later...

Maki Goto's (and other soloists') Hello Project era videos finally got officially uploaded

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.