J-Pop Discussion Thread

Britneyfan09

Yonezu Kenshi's Uma to Shika hit 200M views!

• Like 1

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Curaga

• AMIT

• Joseline

Top Posters In This Topic

This failed prophecy of a song :clap3:

• Haha 1

omg two weeks till Science Fiction! :whistle:

6a6ea8253e38bcd5f18d98192c7cfb780007ec7c

• Like 2

Can't deny that TK snapped on these

This is a vibe

19 hours ago, Curaga said:

im excited but my last.fm will be in shambles, dont know what to do. i hate compilations/GH :deadbanana2:

24 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

im excited but my last.fm will be in shambles, dont know what to do. i hate compilations/GH :deadbanana2:

Oh, like you'd prefer plays of tracks from the studio albums to stay under those albums instead of being split with the new compilation? Yeah :gaycat6: 

Edit: I guess, depending where you listen, maybe you could make a playlist and just sub in the old songs with the album versions, if you wanna listen to it entirely in order? I'll probably just be skipping the old material tbh ddddd

I was getting annoyed by the fact that the Somewhere Near Marseilles subtitle is separated by choonpus [ ー ] on streaming, but for the sci-fi edit, it's separated by hyphens [ - ] or fullwidth hyphens [ - ] depending where you look on Utada's website :clown: The inconsistency is awkward but I'm sure I'm the only one who cares aahshhsgjahgdjdiwugwh

Edited by Curaga

I've found it difficult for myself to get into Kumi as far as full albums go (I remember listening to one of them and thinking it was pretty generic with a couple highlights), but I decided to randomly play an album of hers (ended up being feel my mind) and thought it was actually pretty solid. Maybe I need to give her another go

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Curaga said:

Oh, like you'd prefer plays of tracks from the studio albums to stay under those albums instead of being split with the new compilation? Yeah :gaycat6: 

Edit: I guess, depending where you listen, maybe you could make a playlist and just sub in the old songs with the album versions, if you wanna listen to it entirely in order? I'll probably just be skipping the old material tbh ddddd

I was getting annoyed by the fact that the Somewhere Near Marseilles subtitle is separated by choonpus [ ー ] on streaming, but for the sci-fi edit, it's separated by hyphens [ - ] or fullwidth hyphens [ - ] depending where you look on Utada's website :clown: The inconsistency is awkward but I'm sure I'm the only one who cares aahshhsgjahgdjdiwugwh

Yes! I have premium so I can set them all to auto-correct to the originals, but since there's new songs my OCD will feel like the album is incomplete with just those attached to it

i mean, truly a psychopaths problem I know but it really bugs me :rip:

• Haha 1

Love this full-time actress and occasional singer. The original GaGa :clap3:

On 3/28/2024 at 9:24 PM, lelewlovebird said:

I've found it difficult for myself to get into Kumi as far as full albums go (I remember listening to one of them and thinking it was pretty generic with a couple highlights), but I decided to randomly play an album of hers (ended up being feel my mind) and thought it was actually pretty solid. Maybe I need to give her another go

feel my mind is great! Definitely also check out affection and grow into one as they take a similar direction

She gets poppier and dancier later on and I think her most solid albums of that vein are Kingdom and JAPONESQUE. In fact I advise you to not bother with her albums that were released after JAPONESQUE at all tbh 

Edited by june9th
  • Like 2

What's the general consensus on Ado here?

She's so talented, I'd love to attend her live show

I feel like with her vocals, she would THRIVE in a hard rock/metal genre 

6 hours ago, illia said:

What's the general consensus on Ado here?

She's so talented, I'd love to attend her live show

I feel like with her vocals, she would THRIVE in a hard rock/metal genre 

Can't say that I'm a fan but she kinda runs jpop these days. And she has this ability to work with established producers and not sound like their other stuff, like I couldn't have guessed this song was produced by Nakata:

• Like 2

Listened to Chanmina's NAKED as a part of a bargain for Sheena's rate and it was pretty good. Loved the hoe anthems:

A perfect song to send to some people:

• Haha 2

:jonny4:

edit: ok the upscaling looks kinda strange in that part with all the drummers, but the animated parts look crisp!

Edited by Curaga

Another absolute classic upgraded today 

:jonnycat:

The airplane shot at the beginning always reminds me of the Mario Sunshine opening

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Curaga said:

Another absolute classic upgraded today 

:jonnycat:

The airplane shot at the beginning always reminds me of the Mario Sunshine opening

ROBBED of placement on Slash Fiction :jonny:

• Like 2

On 3/15/2024 at 10:31 PM, Suilen said:

Akina's releasing a 'lost' Christmas song that was meant to be out 36 years ago on May 1 with a re-release of her best album. The song will only be on the physical edition. It sucks, but it's something 'new' at least.

Well, that's a fitting song for April Fool's I guess.

Still making my way through Ayu's albums. Duty has grown on me a tad, though I don't really use the last three tracks all that much. I Am and Loveppears remain evergreen. Rainbow is... nice. Have to keep an eye on that one. She's ok.

But my god... Memorial Address? What's this slice of pop-rock perfection? All killer, no filler. I'm shook! :jonny: If only all her albums were merely 40 minutes long.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Subomie said:

Still making my way through Ayu's albums. Duty has grown on me a tad, though I don't really use the last three tracks all that much. I Am and Loveppears remain evergreen. Rainbow is... nice. Have to keep an eye on that one. She's ok.

But my god... Memorial Address? What's this slice of pop-rock perfection? All killer, no filler. I'm shook! :jonny: If only all her albums were merely 40 minutes long.

I'm ready for your Guilty stanning

olivia-wilde-olivia.gif

• Like 1

olivia-wilde-olivia.gif

• Like 4

Japans's best boy group coming back.

On 3/27/2024 at 11:07 PM, Curaga said:

Electricity's snippet sounds great! :clap3:

• Like 2

A classic

6Muv4dR.gif

I've been revisiting Utada's Me Muero a lot, lately. The lyrics are so relatable, and slice-of-life. 

Laying in bed, smoking, while thinking about s**cide, shoplifting, and eating chocolate :laugh: :rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.