J-Pop Discussion Thread

Britneyfan09

Can one stream Namie Amuro's music anywhere?

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Curaga

• AMIT

• Joseline

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Can one stream Namie Amuro's music anywhere?

I don't think so

t6Dkgsw.gif

13 minutes ago, Suilen said:

I don't think so

t6Dkgsw.gif

Did we ever get an explanation?

10 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

People are assuming that it's due to licensing issues but I don't think an official reason was ever given.

Namie needs to take a step back and see how much her hermit era is harming the dozens of western gays who need her music to survive. I don't know how much longer I can go on without my infusion of Girl Talk.

t6Dkgsw.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hétérosexuelle said:

she hated her career 

3 hours ago, Suilen said:

People are assuming that it's due to licensing issues but I don't think an official reason was ever given.

55 minutes ago, D.D.D. said:

she hated her career 

So odd

I am not buying that she hated her career enough to want to delete it off the internet.

Why would she wanna lose passive coin income? 

Not sure if Namie's hated her career but she definitely became disillusioned with her life as an idol when avex barely let her mourn her mother and instead of supporting her or something focused on nurturing other artists, though one could say that it's in the culture. Max Matsuura is still a nasty man, and I think that even Ayumi fans can agree with me after the whole M memoir expose. A talented man who made many careers happen and a competent producer, yes, but also very scummy. Well, we'll never know the truth, so I prefer believing Namie when she said this:

(let the song play in your mind)

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 3

Namie possibly has the best discography ever? Right up there with Hikki for me. 

This new girl had a cute lil bop. 

• Like 1

Oh this is going to be a SMASH

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UrMom said:

Namie possibly has the best discography ever? Right up there with Hikki for me. 

This new girl had a cute lil bop. 

Wait this knocks, we need singers like her

yzc8rLg.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JO1s said:

Oh this is going to be a SMASH

did the girls that covered chase the chance make it in the lineup?

Missing Thelegend

4 hours ago, Meloetta Carey said:

did the girls that covered chase the chance make it in the lineup?

None of them made top 20

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Suilen said:

Missing Thelegend

I wonder if she still wants to release new material despite being flop into oblivion, she always serves vocals and taste :clap3:

Edited by D.D.D.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AMIT said:

thanks for the faith, sis :heart2:

the restrain is admirable, my impulsive ass keeps lunging at the neck of a certain someone at the slight less than positive mention of my faves

Reveal hidden contents

:clack:

A Confused react and much-needed education is hardly lunging at my neck :kiss:

I'm a little slow with some albums. I swear it wasn't until, like, my 4th or 5th listen of Bjork's Vespertine that I noticed Hidden Place and I was like, "Wait, was this always the opening track :deadbanana2: because this is immaculate!"

So thanks for pointing out which songs to really pay attention to on JAPONESQUE — gives me a good starting point for future listens! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, D.D.D. said:

this album & this era is PERFECT, and she beated everyone in the game :clap3:

spacer.png

ok wait I thought this was just another Best Of compilation, but I did some reading, and it's basically its own album? :deadbanana4:

Another one for my queue! 

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/倖田來未/best-second-session/reviews/

"Best ~Second Session~ is an interesting case of marketing in that it's not actually a 'best of' release as the definition goes, but the true followup full-length to Secret released the prior year. ... Best ~First Things~, wound up being an absolute smash hit ... Her label Avex wasted no time in capitalizing on her fame by coming up with 'the twelve singles project'. ... all 12 songs were compiled along with two new tunes as a 'best of' release despite the fact that they were all essentially created at the same recording sessions and were not featured in previous releases."

— GrapeOfWrath

Candy and Love goes like... are serves

If the Heisei diva rate idea actually materializes one day, then it'll be her album there.

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Curaga said:

ok wait I thought this was just another Best Of compilation, but I did some reading, and it's basically its own album? :deadbanana4:

Another one for my queue! 

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/倖田來未/best-second-session/reviews/

I always count it as a studio album, it just happened to have a lot of singles - 12 singles in 12 weeks which is all sort of legendary :clap3:

spacer.png 

Oh wow, almost 5 million streams. Love when talent goes viral

I miss her so much. The little trinity of Thermo Plastic, Love Life, and Huma-Rhythm was kind of the peak of music.

• Like 4

Namie Amuro is A FAD

• Thanks 1

Wanted to post 'Kana Nishino is A FAD' but I'm getting enough death threats from her fans in my DMs as it is, so I'm posting the queen of rock

• Haha 1

Oh they're taking it 

12 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Namie Amuro is A FAD

Greatest pop star of all time. Perfect discography. Singing and dancing MACHINE! Effortlessly slaying complex choreography + stable live vocals AT THE SAME TIME all while looking completely bored and unbothered. A queen!

I would do anything to have her back, but she said ENOUGH.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.