Taylor Swift

Achilles.

3 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

I am quite sure Philippines fans prefer an open field to nothing.

But Taylor doesn't. The cost of staging an open field show is higher than a stadium and if Taylor can make more money playing somewhere that's lower cost, she will, regardless of how the fans might feel about it. 

• Replies 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

20k only? I thought I read somewhere it had a capacity of 50k people there. 

That 50k one can’t even hold the main stage, I think. 

Just now, wastedpotential said:

But Taylor doesn't. The cost of staging an open field show is higher than a stadium and if Taylor can make more money playing somewhere that's lower cost, she will, regardless of how the fans might feel about it. 

But sometimes decisions have to be strategical, she should perform in Philippines even losing money (that’s not going to happen). Philippines is already her second bigger market in streaming, and their Spotify have not totally exploted yet, she can not damage that.

17 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Well, can't she just get rid of the catwalk and have a regular stage for the Asian dates? 

Other Asian countries have multiple large stadiums. Philippines despite having 100 million population doesn’t have any. Guess she should skip Philippine’s and tour other Asian countries. 

Staging a stadium show would be extremely expensive. She needs to do at least 3 60k sold out dates to compensate for her flying everything to PH. 

Ticket prices would be a nightmare. 

How many dates China will get? 5 or 10 or 15

Haunted last night, y’all don’t understand I am FERAL :jonny:

That was the first song I ever remember being a jaw dropping listen for me from Taylor. I have been wanting to hear that live for my entire life as a fan of hers, but I haven’t been able to because my first tour was Red. I’ve been to every tour since but she’s only done Haunted as a surprise song of course maybe like twice since the Speak Now Tour :jonny: 

I NEED to hear it live, somehow, someway, someday. 

57 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

What's the biggest venue in the Philippines, though? She could just get rid of most of the catwalk and have only the main stage. I heard there's a huge arena that could have this type of show.

75k capacity stadium in Davao city will be completed by the end of this year 

9 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Haunted last night, y’all don’t understand I am FERAL :jonny:

That was the first song I ever remember being a jaw dropping listen for me from Taylor. I have been wanting to hear that live for my entire life as a fan of hers, but I haven’t been able to because my first tour was Red. I’ve been to every tour since but she’s only done Haunted as a surprise song of course maybe like twice since the Speak Now Tour :jonny: 

I NEED to hear it live, somehow, someway, someday. 

Haunted is sooo underrated. I wish it goes viral with Speak Now TV  :gaycat6:

52 minutes ago, thisloveisntcrazy said:

It was. She’s not compromising any part of the show, which is good. Philippines is such a struggle, and I’m really curious how her team handle this. She’s coming for blood with this tour, she’ll definitely do several SEA countries. Which doesn’t change the fact that Philippines simply does not have venue that can handle her :rip: I guess they might do an exception and do open field but as me and miss @wastedpotentialmentioned it seems nightmarish for Taylor. Only other solution I can think of is doing a literal month long residency with adjusted eras stage, but not making it part of your officially

Imagine if she stays in the Philippines for a whole month just for the Filipinos :deadbanana4: the PH will NEVER stream any other artist after this I fear!

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Haunted is sooo underrated. I wish it goes viral with Speak Now TV  :gaycat6:

I agree it’s underrated in relation to how good it is :jonny: If you ask me it was the original “Don’t Blame Me” and it absolutely deserves that kind of viral-ity

You’re Not Sorry was the original Haunted. :gaycat4:

When Haunted TV gets the TWILY TV glow up! :WAP:

57 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

It's still an arena with the small floor constraints though :gaycat7:

1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Oh, that seals the deal, then, no? 

The only way for Filipinos in the Metro Manila to get there is by plane. :deadbanana2:

21 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

It's still an arena with the small floor constraints though :gaycat7:

The floor was not actually small but 

King%20Dome%20(3).jpg

Looks like there will be seats in the floor 

98434528_545070716395621_8934715969314488320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=nQfIf_CmwDwAX_s-YU2&_nc_ht=scontent.fsaw2-2.fna&oh=00_AfA9MZTfhXWhMpNTWUTlg5dDhk3j8BCBxLPFjrYe-Ld-DQ&oe=64ABED5A

Well... :gaycat6:

29 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Oh, that seals the deal, then, no? 

No. Floor area is extremely small. 

She can always downsize the catwalk when she goes to the Philippines like she did for the Red tour (even though the stage did not need to be downsized :gaycat7:). 

1 hour ago, Steve Johnson said:

No. Floor area is extremely small. 

Oh lord, do they not play any sports at all? This King Dome thing seems to be huge and they're not doing a big floor area? 

The floor was not actually small but 

King%20Dome%20(3).jpg

Looks like there will be seats in the floor 

98434528_545070716395621_8934715969314488320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=nQfIf_CmwDwAX_s-YU2&_nc_ht=scontent.fsaw2-2.fna&oh=00_AfA9MZTfhXWhMpNTWUTlg5dDhk3j8BCBxLPFjrYe-Ld-DQ&oe=64ABED5A

Well... :gaycat6:

wait this is the floor? :rip: who would fit there i-

(off topic but of course a certain fanbase is trying to use Taylor to make their basic tanking atm fave interesting. Must be hard to love again :flower2:)

23 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Oh lord, do they not play any sports at all?

It seems so. Like they only won their 1st ever Olympic gold in 2021 Tokyo games. 

Edited by Steve Johnson

1 minute ago, Starchild said:

off topic but of course a certain fanbase is trying to use Taylor to make their basic tanking atm fave interesting. Must be hard to love again :flower2:)

That certain user is so embarrassing. Even trolling has certain limit but he/she is just shameless. 

17 minutes ago, Starchild said:

wait this is the floor? :rip: who would fit there i-

(off topic but of course a certain fanbase is trying to use Taylor to make their basic tanking atm fave interesting. Must be hard to love again :flower2:)

A basketball game or a religious leader giving a sermon, from what the Wikipedia article says

And yes there are some members of a certain fanbase who must be seething at how badly their fave is tanking :gaycat4:

any of you knows True Blood, the tv show? There was a sequence with haunted was so pointless it's so iconic. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

It seems so. Like they only won their 1st ever Olympic gold in 2021 Tokyo games. 

They employ their time in more important ventures like streaming Taylor, not complains 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.