Taylor Swift

Achilles.

7 hours ago, Starchild said:

1949 is bottom 4 in her discog but y'all aren't ready for that conversation

None of her pop albums are in her top 5, and one of them is below debut, but nobody is ready for that conversation. 

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Klein said:

Oh best believe I am ready for this discussion and that I agree. It's better than Reputation, Lover, Debut, and that's it. :foxaylove2:

Rep is better to me :chick3: but that's just because it's oddly one of my favorite Taylor albums after folk/evermore red SN. 

But yes sis! You get it :chick1: her most generic, soulless album. I'm glad max is GONE 

Pop albums > country ones. Thankfully, Taylor knows she's a pop artist and will always be one :bird:.

• Haha 1

I wish she came into the studio mad as hell when recording 1989 like she was when she was performing it on tour. I always crave those live vocal flourishes when I'm listening to the album :jonny: 

Damn her stage presence, visuals and vocals massively improved on reputation.

Those 1989 clips did not age well.

2 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Damn her stage presence, visuals and vocals massively improved on reputation.

Those 1989 clips did not age well.

rep tour washes her but she sounded great on both tours

What are songs you've softened on as time has passed?

During the 1989 era I always thought Welcome to New York was a skip but now I really enjoy it and I consider it a really great opener. :bird: I also used to think Everything Has Changed was forgettable but now I think the lyrics are really beautiful and always let it play when I'm listening to the album.

19 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

What are songs you've softened on as time has passed?

During the 1989 era I always thought Welcome to New York was a skip but now I really enjoy it and I consider it a really great opener. :bird: I also used to think Everything Has Changed was forgettable but now I think the lyrics are really beautiful and always let it play when I'm listening to the album.

I don’t know why, but at one point I didn’t like Sad Beautiful Tragic at all. It’s one of my all-time favorite songs from her now.

Also, LWYMMD/RFI/CIWYW. The first two were not… very good for me at first, they’re amazing now though. CIWYW was great upon release, coming after some songs that I wasn’t fond of at the time, but then I totally forgot about it after the album came out and didn’t listen to it much. It’s probably one of my fave songs on the album as of 2023.

Edited by Holiest Dreams

57 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Pop albums > country ones. Thankfully, Taylor knows she's a pop artist and will always be one :bird:.

I’m a rep stan as a complete body of work but this is not true lol.

Collectively:

Country > Alternative > Pop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klein said:

Oh best believe I am ready for this discussion and that I agree. It's better than Reputation, Lover, Debut, and that's it. :foxaylove2:

Your hatred for her pop discog :dies: 

Known OTHs stanning Joe on that Cannes thread. :lmao:

Do they think it’s Taylor shade? LMAO

My memory is strong that they called him a decline after Adam-Tom.

This parasocial-hate they have must be studied, not the Swifties who are buying her albums. :eli:

Lover was originally gonna be called Daylight

and TS11 is rumored to be Dreams/Daydream

So we potentially would’ve had her pop albums be:

Daylight - Midnights - Daydream 

:rip: 

Oh wow this is pretty insane. Never could I have imagined Midnights would perform like Sour on Spotify (and even better on Apple Music), since that’s basically the biggest female streaming album in recent times. I always hoped she could pull off something similar but was worried she’s too far into her career. Imagine TS11’s album track streams, kiiii :deadbanana4: 

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Oh wow this is pretty insane. Never could I have imagined Midnights would perform like Sour on Spotify (and even better on Apple Music), since that’s basically the biggest female streaming album in recent times. I always hoped she could pull off something similar but was worried she’s too far into her career. Imagine TS11’s album track streams, kiiii :deadbanana4: 

Yeah, and this is the standard edition alone. Sour's long term stability is insane but Midnights is shaping to be just as massive in that sense. 

3 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

She sounds so much like Hillary Duff here :rip:

This was recorded in 2004 so that's probably why

8 hours ago, Michael196 said:

The real eras tour could NEVER

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSLR2bAr7/

they truly deserve the world :smitten:

Slay queen! This only international dates we’re getting at this point.

Did the new vinyl variant not sell a lot? Midnights is predicted at 56k units next week. 

32 minutes ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

Did the new vinyl variant not sell a lot? Midnights is predicted at 56k units next week. 

Maybe I am wrong but they are shipping only a part this week.

3 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Lover was originally gonna be called Daylight

and TS11 is rumored to be Dreams/Daydream

So we potentially would’ve had her pop albums be:

Daylight - Midnights - Daydream 

:rip: 

I'm vouching for Dreamland as an album title... I want her to have an opportunity to do a Chromatica/Planet Her/Harry's House etc... build us a universe queen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

46 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

Maybe I am wrong but they are shipping only a part this week.

It's not included in the HITSDD numbers.

Not her pulling a lipa on us after criticizing her for that **** for the longest time :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.