Taylor Swift

Achilles.

50 minutes ago, Klein said:

The best song she released this year so far 

Do you think any Speak Now Vault Track can top this? 

47 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

The fact I think there is :jonny: Speak Now her power FRIGHTENS me 

Look no further.

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Great Username said:

The current calls for Swift to denounce past controversies by her rumoured boyfriend, Matty Healy of the 1975, for example, are both misogynist – expecting a woman to account for her partner’s behaviour – and demonstrative of fan entitlement.

Louder for those in the back.

2 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

The constant videos of Swifties crying or yelling on my fyp about how Taylor is so problematic :deadbanana: I'm over it. Especially the ones talking about how they don't know if they want to go to the concert anymore... like okay sell your tickets then

I have muted like 200 accounts in the past week, 90% of them with that yellow flower in their username. I recommend you to do so.

Edited by Bonicap

Ready for another iconic cover like this, we are waiting

Ed_FHaPXsAA-Ju4.jpg

The backlash feels lukewarm this time around tbh. Nothing compares to the weekly think pieces at the tail end of the 1989 era and the backlash over the most innocuous actions like bringing celebs to walk during style... 

This think piece :deadbanana4: 

https://www.theringer.com/2016/7/12/16039240/when-did-you-first-realize-taylor-swift-was-lying-to-you-bb5a00a32b65

This feels more like the ****-shaming backlash of the red era, but it's the price to pay for not only being the biggest pop girl musically but also celebrity-wise. Certain POP girls who are supposedly controversial never received this level of scrutiny during the height of their fame.

3 hours ago, Great Username said:

“As a queer swiftie”… well you can sign out!

what happened to professionalism? You want to ignite some lunatic that will cause a tragedy at one of the shows then proceed to cry about it?

and “waving a pride flag” being considered as a gesture of support when it’s the least that could be done when your career is single-handedly built on queerbaiting…

Edited by Michael196

1 hour ago, Klein said:

The best song she released this year so far 

Do you think any Speak Now Vault Track can top this? 

She did this masterpiece SO much justice :clap3:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

“As a queer swiftie”… well you can sign out!

what happened to professionalism? You want to ignite some lunatic that will cause a tragedy at one of the shows then proceed to cry about it?

and “waving a pride flag” being considered as a gesture of support when it’s the least that could be done when your career is single-handedly built on queerbaiting…

To be fair, he did say that it was more productive to focus on concrete actions and not words.

those backlashes, think pieces, and “controversies” have NO real world effect on her musical career. People aren’t terminally online despite what Twitter, discussion forums, and gossip blogs want you to think.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

To be fair, he did say that it was more productive to focus on concrete actions and not words.

Fv8lBvuWAAAbkF5?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

those backlashes, think pieces, and “controversies” have NO real world effect on her musical career. People aren’t terminally online despite what Twitter, discussion forums, and gossip blogs want you to think.

And she could lose 50M of those and she'd still be the most daily streamed female artist. :dies:

12 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Exactly :deadbanana4:

There are people who just assumed that Joe dragging her out of the spotlight (sometimes literally) was what she wanted, when it seems clear (with hindsight) that it was his own insecurities and issues that he was projecting onto her. Taylor in the 1989 era was having the time of her life getting papped with the squad like once a day. I'm glad to see her return to normal after this breakup, and I hope she's learned her lessons about letting men change who she is at the core. 

Also, while the lakes might not be applicable to her own wants and needs, it certainly resonates with some of us :gaycat4:

This is quite unfair, that was what Taylor needed in that moment, and that type of life fit with how Joe likes to live and that’s why the relation ship work so well for 6 years until she realize she was prepared to be at the top a game and their desires don’t collide anymore. Nobody force Taylor to be “hide”.

5 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

This is quite unfair, that was what Taylor needed in that moment, and that type of life fit with how Joe likes to live and that’s why the relation ship work so well for 6 years until she realize she was prepared to be at the top a game and their desires don’t collide anymore. Nobody force Taylor to be “hide”.

Agreed, I think Joe was the exact opposite of a fair-weather friend.

6 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

Also I think people forget that Taylor is always more active when she is on tour and especially when she is staying in nyc. I wouldn't be surprised that after the tour ends, she will go back to quote on quote hiding until she has another release to promote for a week.

7 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Also I think people forget that Taylor is always more active when she is on tour and especially when she is staying in nyc. I wouldn't be surprised that after the tour ends, she will go back to quote on quote hiding until she has another release to promote for a week.

During rep tour she also got papped frecuently despite dating him 

39 minutes ago, Klein said:

And she could lose 50M of those and she'd still be the most daily streamed female artist. :dies:

GOAT musician. 

34 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

And she is not even doing that much, people exaggerate everything as always. She went on a paparazzi walk with her friends a month ago and went to a party last week. Some people talk as if this was 2014 all over again. She doesn't even post anything on social media apart from Tour and promo (not even award shows). She is still very much private.

Edited by Bonicap

Never forget these are the people we are arguing with. :dies:

9 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

"At least just for now" :rip:

17 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

I don't know what funnier. That they think unfollowing her would be in any way shape or form statistically relevant or that they think Taylor could actually respond to them. :dies:

Edited by Klein

4 minutes ago, Klein said:

I don't know what funnier. That they think unfollowing her would be in any way shape or form statistically relevant or that they think Taylor could actually respond to them. :dies:

She will respond to them in their minds. In a few weeks they will be theorizing about how all this mess confirms she is a lesbian.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

The first TV song that genuinely made me laugh out loud was WANEGBT :chick3: The weeeeeeeees

when I heard holy ground and 22  :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.