Taylor Swift

Achilles.

1 minute ago, Steve Johnson said:

Similiarly there is no need for different threads for stadium attendance records in Belgium, England etc. But I don't see them closing those threads. 

and I only saw 1 thread in the charts section about the Spotify daily record this year and they just updated the title every time she broke it again, not multiple threads over and over

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

the moderators are right. Last week there were no need for a new thread about her beating the spotify record every single day. If the threads are just people from the base writing what they can write here a thread is unnecessary. Also there is a dedicated thread about her streaming numbers. 

Nah that deserved a thread. Cruel Summer deserves a thread.

Most threads are way dumber 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

and I only saw 1 thread in the charts section about the Spotify daily record this year and they just updated the title every time she broke it again, not multiple threads over and over

Fr. That sh**ty Matty-Tay thing got atleast 10 threads. But we can't celebrate Taylor's once in a lifetime success. 

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

There was a whole ass banner for a while :rip:

mess, i didn't even bother to read those banners :rip:

at this point, i say Swifties should just let OTHs do whatever they want because we all know who's winning and who's at the top in the real world and they deserve some laughs and giggles after constant losing.

no more defending, showing receipts or discrediting other artists, threading or celebrating achievements, just do it here in the base or the album/song threads.

like why bother so much? :gaycat6:

Target vinyl is super pretty as well. Looks like I'll be making a trip then. :clap3:

Part #2 

Spoiler

- The Man silver jacket 

spacer.png

This achieves what it is set out to achieve and she looks like #theman. I just think that it could've been more exciting.

- Enchanted dress #1 

spacer.png

This is beautiful but too bridal imo.

- The Man jacket #2 

spacer.png

I love this playful, bedazzled take on a classic double-breasted men jacket. I love the colour motif of the gold buttons and golden stripes in coordination with her golden boots.

- Folklore champagne dress 

spacer.png

I love how ghostly she looks here. This looks like a classic gothic night gown from a 90s Celine Dion music video. 

- Lover bodysuit

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are such classic pop star silhouettes and these bodysuits hug her body in all the right places. The romantic colours and rhinestone embellishements are gorgeous, and I love the gold necklace she added with the second one, I think she should also add some golden bangles too.

22 minutes ago, liam13 said:

mess, i didn't even bother to read those banners :rip:

at this point, i say Swifties should just let OTHs do whatever they want because we all know who's winning and who's at the top in the real world and they deserve some laughs and giggles after constant losing.

no more defending, showing receipts or discrediting other artists, threading or celebrating achievements, just do it here in the base or the album/song threads.

like why bother so much? :gaycat6:

At this point there is only one certain fandom coming for Taylor and her success because they can't handle the fact The Eras tour & Midnights blew the other tour and album away in terms of everything. 

I want 1989 blue dress. Orange, green, red are fine but I want blue. 

25 minutes ago, Clauss said:

@Cleanromantic did you miss midnights oscar de la renta dress?

It's still to come.

Spoiler

it's ranked pretty high :ihype:

I am obsessed with Labyrinth these days. Do Swifties like that song?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spiritboy said:

Yus

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spiritboy said:

I think the line "you would break your back to make me break a smile" is so sweet :bird:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

At this point there is only one certain fandom coming for Taylor and her success because they can't handle the fact The Eras tour & Midnights blew the other tour and album away in terms of everything. 

it's not a competition and tbh, anyone who has a functional brain knows which tour's more successful so just let them have the "my fav is better at this and that" because it doesn't matter at the end of the day. we celebrate her music, her success and they get to talk about "the blandest and most basic yt girl" all day.

2 minutes ago, liam13 said:

it's not a competition and tbh, anyone who has a functional brain knows which tour's more successful so just let them have the "my fav is better at this and that" because it doesn't matter at the end of the day. we celebrate her music, her success and they get to talk about "the blandest and most basic yt girl" all day.

Seriously they only talk about Taylor, her vocals and eras tour in their base. They say that they are being objective but ignore charts, stats and billboard numbers. LMAO I love their jealous tears. 

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

Ranking every Eras Tour outfit (fan demanded version)

Reveal hidden contents

Overall, this tour is a great improvement over her outfits from fearless to 1989. There's ain't an outfit that I think is downright, all around ugly or unflattering. Even the bottom ones still look cute.

Hide contents

- Enchanted dress#3 

spacer.png

This dress just has too many clashing elements that just don't work together imo. The long sleeves, the neckline, and the top half weirdly elongates her torso. The A line skirt may work with a different bodice but it doesn't here. If the flower appliques were removed, it would look like a sleeping dress. 

- Red Era 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All of the outfits for this era were such a disappointment. She could've been more adventurous and actually referenced the 50s/60s aesthetic that she used during the era, but she only had the bottom half of her bodysuit that mimicks the staple mid century shorts and the fedora hat she wore in 2012/2013. Other than that, she just had a red ombré bodysuit and called it a day. The suit itself is boring, the jacket she wore for all too well is too big, and I don't think the 22 t-shirt is iconic enough to warrant a permanent slot on the tour.

- Folklore white dress 

spacer.png

Just too bland to stand out. 

- Midnights era shirt dresses #2 #3 #4

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love the original silver shirt dress (which ranks higher than these), but the fabrics and colours for these ones make them look cheap and gaudy. They're also too long/baggy. The pink one is the cutest though and it actually looks good with the fur coat.

- Acoustic set yellow dress 

spacer.png

The colour really makes or breaks an outfit. While I love the first two versions of this dress, the yellow on orange looks too loud and garish in contrast to the rustic, homespun aesthetic of the acoustic set.

Part #2 to be soon 

Hide contents

As if anyone cares :gaycat7:

45 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Part #2 

Hide contents

- The Man silver jacket 

spacer.png

This achieves what it is set out to achieve and she looks like #theman. I just think that it could've been more exciting.

- Enchanted dress #1 

spacer.png

This is beautiful but too bridal imo.

- The Man jacket #2 

spacer.png

I love this playful, bedazzled take on a classic double-breasted men jacket. I love the colour motif of the gold buttons and golden stripes in coordination with her golden boots.

- Folklore champagne dress 

spacer.png

I love how ghostly she looks here. This looks like a classic gothic night gown from a 90s Celine Dion music video. 

- Lover bodysuit

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are such classic pop star silhouettes and these bodysuits hug her body in all the right places. The romantic colours and rhinestone embellishements are gorgeous, and I love the gold necklace she added with the second one, I think she should also add some golden bangles too.

I love these, pls keep them coming :heart2:

13 minutes ago, spiritboy said:

love that song. I have since Day 1. My (non-Swiftie) best friend even says it’s one of his all time favorites from her 

• Like 1

One of her cutest song :heart:

EDIT: and it kinda perfectly fits with the current situation. :toofunny2:

Edited by Klein
  • Like 3

HER STREAMS STABLE AT 76M :ahh: :ahh: 

All that “outrage” and “backlash” doing NOTHING :ahh: 

8 minutes ago, Klein said:

I remember when I first heard “people throw rocks at things that shine” and that really sat with me. I’ve noticed it in life ever since. People really do want to dull the sparkle of anything good in this world. :chick3:

and then New Romantic’s “I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me” is like a spiritual successor to this line for me as well. I’ve always loved both songs for those lines alone 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

HER STREAMS STABLE AT 76M :ahh: :ahh: 

All that “outrage” and “backlash” doing NOTHING :ahh: 

She was close to 80M last week though. A decrease!!!!! :giraffe:

9 minutes ago, Klein said:

I was just thinking this yesterday with the lyrics to Superman "he's not all bad like his reputation, and I can't hear one single word they say" :toofunny3: even the preceding lyric "something in his deep brown eyes has me saying" is applicable 

Edited by Kyle-x

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I remember when I first heard “people throw rocks at things that shine” and that really sat with me. I’ve noticed it in life ever sense. People really do want to dull the sparkle of anything good in this world. :chick3:

and then New Romantic’s “I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me” is like a spiritual successor to this line for me as well. I’ve always loved both songs for those lines alone 

Now I had never make the connection between these two songs but... :jonny:

And you are totally right about the "people throw rocks at things that shine" line. It just keeps making more and more sense as life goes on. Not just romantically, but for everything. 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 3

Listening to New Romantics and damn it deserves to be a #1 global pop classic :gaycat6:  

Also I really wish it opened 1989. I hate Welcome to New York :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Part 3

Spoiler

- Fearless tentacle dress 

spacer.png

This is not a favorite of many, but I love it. It's so country camp, it looks like something Dolly would wear.

- Fearless first dress

spacer.png

This is such a flirty, mature update to her classic fearless dresses. I love the 1920s art deco tassel flapper dress inspiration and the golden color keeps it country.

- Acoustic set dresses 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love this smart outfit change and using new dress with a previous outfit to portray a completely different aesthetic and feel. This looks like a can can dress a saloon girl would wear at a rustic bar in a small Western town and the peek of color from the 1989 outfits adds a needed sexy, flirtatious layer to the whole look. 

- Enchanted pink dress

spacer.png

This romantic fairy gown is the perfect fit for the hopeless romantic sentiments Enchanted conveys.

- 1989 crop tops 

spacer.pngtaylor-swift-tour-05-0320-e0d525ba4b8946

spacer.png

For a girl that people claim has no iconic looks, 1989 sure proves everyone wrong. The moment we set eyes on a crop top and skirt set, we know which era we're about to be transported to. These outfits are sexy, sleek, youthful and convey the breezy, girly, summery imagery of 1989. The green one is my favorite.

The final part is next, these last 7 were so hard to rank :jonnycat:.

Edited by Cleanromantic
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Listening to New Romantics and damn it deserves to be a #1 global pop classic :gaycat6:  

Also I really wish it opened 1989. I hate Welcome to New York :deadbanana2:

This would have elevated 1989 into the stratosphere tbh. Could you imagine, opening the album that hard and then immediately follow with BS? The track run (until bad blood) would of been too much of a collapse. Ugh.:jonny5:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.