Taylor Swift

Achilles.

Am I the only one who thinks Taylor's still singing about her life (and her friends' lives) but just masking them with these fictional stories?

That's kind of genius on her part because if she decides to release a song about Calvin Harris now, no one, especially her current boyfriend, will ever be able to make the connection, which gives her freedom.

And I personally think she still writes about Calvin and all the other exes a lot. Those 'fictional' cheating stories lol.

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

She can easily talk about her own life through "fictional" stories and characters. folklore and evermore are not directly about her life, but her life experience are all over those albums. 

Tbh I think she should continue down that lane, this approach gives her much more artistic freedom and she obviously enjoyed it. And she probably will, considering how she talked about this new approach to songwriting in the Apple Music interview. 

1 minute ago, Jaspurr said:

Am I the only one who thinks Taylor's still singing about her life (and her friends' lives) but just masking them with these fictional stories?

That's kind of genius on her part because if she decides to release a song about Calvin Harris now, no one, especially her current boyfriend, will ever be able to make the connection, which gives her freedom.

And I personally think she still writes about Calvin and all the other exes a lot. Those 'fictional' cheating stories lol.

She 100% is still singing about her life. I mean have you all listened to my tears ricochet? 

2 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

Yeah, I think Folkmore is about her life. Her music will always about her experience.

17 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

I think Jack's gonna be on all the rerecordings, so that doesn't really mean anything.

That's true. It's just that she brought her entire family which makes me :cupid:

I would love a female-only album. I also discovered yesterday that Joan Armatrading (the artist The Sun mentioned) self-produced her last 6 albums in her own studio. I think Taylor could easily make a female-ony album if she wants.

YES, true, she still singing about her life experiences even with fictional characters, but what i think enchanted0 meant - and if that's the case that's what i agree most - is THE knowledge we have that a certain song IS about what she went trough, not "just" a mix of experience and fictional ideas.

Are y'all expecting Taylor to directly tell the whole world that she's a cheater? :rip:

Ugh, I can't wait for the serves Elvira will bring to the table for TS10.

1 minute ago, Jaspurr said:

Are y'all expecting Taylor to directly tell the whole world that she's a cheater? :rip:

Tbh, she clearly writes a lot about her exes and I still think they are more inspiring to her than Joe. 

Just now, Aiya said:

Tbh, she clearly writes a lot about her exes and I still think they are more inspiring to her than Joe. 

3 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

Spoiler

I also think she cheated more than once:giraffe:

Folkmore have plenty of songs about her personal life or people around her. Not everything has to be an ATW or Dear John

Folklore and Evermore aren't fictional, babes. They're just not about #him

giphy.gif

we do NOT need another Joe album :rip: she will never write a better joe song than peace and she has said all there is to be said about that man. they should definitely keep writing together though  

22 minutes ago, On The Bound said:

we do NOT need another Joe album :rip: she will never write a better joe song than peace and she has said all there is to be said about that man. they should definitely keep writing together though  

This! The world needs more exile, betty, august, champagne problems, coney island, evermore... :jonny5:

If The Sun actually (shockingly) got the information from a reliable insider, I could see Taylor work with female record producers like Marta Salogni and Catherine Marks.

Update: Wait, I think Catherine Marks follows both Taylor and Joe on Instagram. :cupid: Maybe she is a Swiftie. :cupid: Or. :cupid:

Edited by Fama

not taylor nation tweeting a traffic light? when august 5th is international traffic light day :giraffe:

2 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I’m sorry but she’s always gonna have a “narrative” for the era because that determines all the marketing, the imagery the merch the videos the looks the magazine covers etc :rip: She can’t have a collection of songs with no narrative, otherwise it’s just a playlist album like Dua’s first 

That's more of an aesthetic and album concept. A narrative is like "this is my first pop album" for 1989, owning the snake on reputation, the LGBT pandering and kiddy singles for lover... 

Op: Hopefully she's done with that "Joe is a secret songwriter/producer" gimmick. It really cheapened Folkmore for me tbh. Like we all know he had no hand in creating those songs he's credited in other than maybe a basic chord or piano note :toofunny2:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_(song)

"August" was written and produced by Swift and Jack Antonoff, with additional production from Joe Alwyn."

:skull: 

Yeah, right, sure. We believe you Taylor :juanny:

Spoiler

If anything, she deserves backlash for giving a white man credit so he could get a Grammy rather than this jet thing 

I think Joe can write and compose parts of songs. It gives her inspiration and she is probably the one who finishes the job. She is far more experienced than him. But if it works for them and if it gives her great inspiration, they should continue to work together if they want. I'm :cupid: about the producing credits but I think he deserved the writing credits. 

She had no problem releasing Getaway Car without saying that it's about a fictional character and it painted her in the worst light possible  :gaycat:.

I don’t know what y’all going about saying her music loses appeal when it’s not autobiographical :toofunny2:

The mix of life experience and fictional narratives gave her the desperately needed expansion of her songwriting POVs. Folklore and Evermore have some* of her richest and compelling lyrics ever. 

Spoiler

*Most :gaycat4:

That’s not to say she didn’t write incredible music prior to the shift, but it became clear by the time Puta came along that the well was drying up as her life stabilised and less novel, notable experiences happened to her personally. She tried (and somewhat succeeded) to expand on Loser, but it resulted in some mess like The Misfire and the Gay song :hoetenks:

Compare the brilliant Mad Grammy, where she expanded the lens to a more general observation on society’s perception of women’s (justifiable) anger being painted as hysteria to The Misfire, which is just about how she could’ve avoided some of the negative, at times misogynistic commentary surrounding her career if she was indeed a man in her position. It has the right intentions but doesn’t sound good coming from a woman who literally skyrocketed to the world’s biggest superstar by her early 20s :rip: HOW MUCH FASTER DID YOU WANNA GET THERE SIS?

Edited by discotitzz

I think her less diaristic approach allows for a lot more nuance, something her writing often lacked prior to Folkmore.

6 hours ago, Jaspurr said:

I’ve always said the majority of folklore is about her life. For evermore not that much

I think both champagne problems* and coney island are about her experiences with Calvin. The fact that she wrote them with Joe is a kii.

*The engagement ring in the LWYMMD video wasn't for nothing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.