• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

for more silence

4C66247E-52F4-4B70-BF1B-5310DDF71BDA.thu

You can hear it (TS10 lead) in the silence (silence)

YOU

Just now, Nick_317 said:

You can hear it (TS10 lead) in the silence (silence)

YOU

You Are The SOTY is really THAT song

47 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

Absolute underrated masterpiece of her discography :clap3:

She doesn't have a narrative to work with for TS10, so I don't mind her exploring and having a lot of collaborators on the album. I feel like she's already squeezed the last drop of creativity out of Aaron.

Her working with only female writers, producers, sound engineers, etc. at this point in her career would make a lot of sense. I don't know how well that'd work, but it'd certainly be innovative.

I can see the narrative for TS10 being something along the lines of:

”I like my privacy, but for the last few years I’ve missed public outings. I’m sure everyone can relate to that. That’s why I’ve written 16 songs that celebrate the joys of being outdoors, being social, making connections, nurturing your friendships, and finding the courage to put yourself out there again. Stream the lead single “Together Again” from my next album tonight at midnight.”

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

3 hours ago, PopA911 said:

it makes me really happy that many are seeing the light after all these years:smitten:

ROUND 10 RESULTS

Treacherous +24

All Too Well (Both Versions) +22

State Of Grace +16

Begin Again +15

Red +5

Eliminated:

Forever Winter -13

TOP 5

State Of Grace

Red

Treacherous

Begin Again

All Too Well (Both Versions)

ROUND ELEVEN

SAVE 1

OFF 1

ONE song will be eliminated

Edited by Michael196

1 hour ago, Jaspurr said:

She doesn't have a narrative to work with for TS10, so I don't mind her exploring and having a lot of collaborators on the album. I feel like she's already squeezed the last drop of creativity out of Aaron.

That's why I think TS10 is far from coming

But then again I NEVER expected she would drop a new album in just 8 months (Lover->folklore) so :skull: 

For TS10 hopefully the theme is NOT about "since the COVID era is over, so let's forget everything and dance", I want her to be vulnerable & more relatable. Also, no more "fictional" stories. IMO her way of writing lyrics like a novel loses some appeal when the content is not about her life. DBTC was good then in evermore it was a little bit too much. 

The takes in here :deadbanana4:

It's obvious after the freedom creating folklore/ evermore gave her that she's no longer gonna approach her career the same way. No more "narratives", no more songs curated for different purposes/ radio...

Also, if anything, her writing songs about herself was getting stale and boring :toofunny2: writing about fictional characters rejuvenated her creativity and gave us her two best albums.   

8 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

It's obvious after the freedom creating folklore/ evermore gave her that she's no longer gonna approach her career the same way. No more "narratives", no more songs curated for different purposes/ radio...

Also, if anything, her writing songs about herself was getting stale and boring :toofunny2: writing about fictional characters rejuvenated her creativity and gave us her two best albums.   

:clap3:

The fairytale stans were criticizing reputation for the same thing their praising folkmore now.

lol

I prefer her AUTHENTIC life story, flavored with her spectacular use of creative license than, imaginary tales.

I want a documentation of the legendary American singer-songwriter’s life through music, not this type of faceless person any random American songwriter can be on any given day (ie Liz Rose).

Edited by Taylor fanboy

15 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

It kind of is too much to ask tbh. We literally just got folklore and Red TV, each almost unanimously debated  by critics as her magnum opus. To expect her to reinvent herself again and pull out another magnum opus contender so soon is a set up. I’m almost certain with TS10 she is going to target mass appeal instead of art, with a big lead single (what she tried and failed to do with Lover). It could be a rock song, but whatever it is she will be going for the mass market and not necessarily do something super artsy and deep. 

Those aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive though. Look at any top albums of all time lists and I guarantee that you’ll find a lot of albums that were critically adored, commercially massive and had at least one huge hit single. She needs to aim high. Folklore sized acclaim. 1989 sized era. New genre.

The way the narrative of her discography is that all of her music before Folklore was about herself and all of it since has been about fictional characters when neither of those things are true :skull: 

Edited by Beyonnaise

Can she hop on an acclaimed DJ's one off droplet so we can bop for once, that's all I'm asking.

25 minutes ago, Lille said:

Can she hop on an acclaimed DJ's one off droplet so we can bop for once, that's all I'm asking.

GAH(TV),MIAB,TVFN,LSL say hi :sistrens:

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

thank you!!

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

I’m sorry but she’s always gonna have a “narrative” for the era because that determines all the marketing, the imagery the merch the videos the looks the magazine covers etc :rip: She can’t have a collection of songs with no narrative, otherwise it’s just a playlist album like Dua’s first 

59 minutes ago, Lille said:

This. I doubt it will ever happen but I wonder which DJ would fit more with her sound 

3 hours ago, Jaspurr said:

Her working with only female writers, producers, sound engineers, etc. at this point in her career would make a lot of sense. I don't know how well that'd work, but it'd certainly be innovative.

It would make sense if she created a female-only album but she left Jack's studio in February. :-*

Anyway, Folklore is described as wistful. Full of escapism and romanticism. Perhaps TS10 is a follow-up? Not an "the pandemic is over, I wanna dance" album, but a back-to-earth-album. 

I think some of you are confusing narratives with themes. Her losing her masters was a narrative that she worked into folklore, for example. Or her writing songs with her boyfriend was another one, which she expanded on for evermore.

That's why I mentioned her having a female-only album. That'd be new not just for her but the whole music industry. 

I don't care what she's gonna write about as long as it sounds good.

9 minutes ago, Fama said:

It would make sense if she created a female-only album but she left Jack's studio in February. :-*

I think Jack's gonna be on all the rerecordings, so that doesn't really mean anything.

15 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

This. I doubt it will ever happen but I wonder which DJ would fit more with her sound 

I've always wanted her to work with Gryffin. 

Taylor on a song like this is like my wet dream.

A female only album would be a great idea. My only concerns are that she'd serve The Man lyrics and that that would make for a great AOTY campaign, which she won't win again anytime soon

2 hours ago, enchanted0 said:

IMO her way of writing lyrics like a novel loses some appeal when the content is not about her life.

my thoughts exactly! even tho i LOVE folklore and evermore, knowing that what she sings is what she lived it makes it special for me. but imagine a new album about joe? we don't need it, honestly, there's nothing new there. that's why i'm so excited for the vault tracks and don't really want a new album, because the vault songs are songs about moments of her life that are really interesting and matter. i love joe, but she's in love with him, nothing new there

still i'm super into her giving folk and ever a brother, if she concludes the narratives of the stories she first created with them, but now only for a future project, a new indie record like these two would be disappointing at this point in her career

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.