Taylor Swift

Achilles.

i'm just blasting folklore on my speakers right now... it's such a summer album to me... that summertime sadness and nostalgia I feel listening to it, it's an indescribable feeling :jonny5:

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Aiya said:

Blackpink might announce something on aug 5

Maybe that Blackpink X Taylor collaboration is true after all:WAP:

Just realised 8+5=13:gaylorcat2:

Edited by Nick_317

12 minutes ago, Nick_317 said:

Just realised 8+5=13:gaylorcat2:

I've also read somewhere that it's the last combination of "13" for the rest of the year (for fridays) :gaycat6:

It is so funny and crazy when you think about how the backlash cycle for female celebrities works and how Taylor has been through it so many times, each time she hits a new career milestone the vultures pounce at the first sign of blood :deadbanana2: Not that she doesn't deserve criticism for any of the backlash-triggering moments but it's always so methodical and I don't think it will ever end

Success — backlash — repeat:

1. Fearless breaks records, she gets sympathy for Kanyegate — "She doesn't really write those songs, she can't sing, she's not ~real country"

2. Red is an international success — "She just writes about boys, she's an obsessed serial dater, she should write a song called Maybe I'm the Problem xD"

3. 1989 is the biggest pop era of this century, first woman with two AOTYs, her song criticizing the former backlash becomes her biggest hit — The Nicki VMA thing, "She's a white feminist"/Squad criticism, "She's too calculated", Wildest Dreams video being called racist, the Calvin and Hiddleston mess, and finally Snakegate

4. Rep doesn't flop like people thought, tour breaks records, Lover maintains success, GP sides with her on Scooter drama, doc is acclaimed, Folklore/Evermore becomes her most acclaimed era yet, third AOTY, re-recordings smash and ATW10 goes #1, far and away the biggest female artist on streaming globally — Blaming her for the Crawdads author woman being a murderer, the David O. Russell thing, Jetgate

when august smashes and scares her so she ends up pushing back TS10's lead. Us folklore stans always win.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

TS10 will be pretty sitting in my Apple Music library in next 20 days I just know it.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

despicable

its about time she put those abnormally long legs to good use and started walking or cycling instead 

dflkgfl

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

we need her to drop the august MV

297520430_60957843-11070785-image-a-19_1

While listening to august I came to a realization that Disney executives probably saw how invested little girls were in a fictional teenage love triangle and were like, 'let's debut a real one and watch them lose their minds over it.' 

56 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

It is so funny and crazy when you think about how the backlash cycle for female celebrities works and how Taylor has been through it so many times, each time she hits a new career milestone the vultures pounce at the first sign of blood :deadbanana2: Not that she doesn't deserve criticism for any of the backlash-triggering moments but it's always so methodical and I don't think it will ever end

1. Fearless breaks records, she gets sympathy for Kanyegate — "She doesn't really write those songs, she can't sing, she's not ~real country"

2. Red is an international success — "She just writes about boys, she's an obsessed serial dater, she should write a song called Maybe I'm the Problem xD"

3. 1989 is the biggest pop era of this century, first woman with two AOTYs, her song criticizing the former backlash becomes her biggest hit — The Nicki VMA thing, "She's a white feminist"/Squad criticism, "She's too calculated", Wildest Dreams video being called racist, the Calvin and Hiddleston mess, and finally Snakegate

4. Rep doesn't flop like people thought, tour breaks records, Lover maintains success, GP sides with her on Scooter drama, doc is acclaimed, Folklore/Evermore becomes her most acclaimed era yet, third AOTY, re-recordings smash and ATW10 goes #1, far and away the biggest female artist on streaming globally — Blaming her for the Crawdads author woman being a murderer, the David O. Russell thing, Jetgate

The last backlash is by far the least severe, it can’t even be compared to the others. I don’t think it’ll ever be as bad as it was before tbh.

46 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Tbh I always knew jetgate was coming. It was just waiting in the wings. The DOR thing is also waiting in the wings. But at some point, the audience is like "not again" and it becomes a minor disruption but not much more. After 2016/2017, something spectacular has to happen to make the audience move.

1 minute ago, Fama said:

Tbh I always knew jetgate was coming. It was just waiting in the wings. The DOR thing is also waiting in the wings. But at some point, the audience is like "not again" and it becomes a minor disruption but not much more. After 2016/2017, something spectacular has to happen to make the audience move.

And "she tried to sue a teen who was her biggest fan over shouting in a bridge!" in the wings too but some don't think that shoe will drop, kii

24 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Hide contents

And "she tried to sue a teen who was her biggest fan over shouting in a bridge!" in the wings too but some don't think that shoe will drop, kii

It’ll be very interesting to see what she will do if this scenario happens.

1 hour ago, Beyonnaise said:

I agree. Her going through that Ann Hathaway path several times now just proves that she's never going anywhere.

why are swifties trying so hard to make this "meet me behind them all" /  "meet me behind the mall" double meaning bullsh*t happen

"your back beneath the sun" / "you're back beneath the sun" too, like stfu

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

In another universe, August is her biggest hit, spent 10 weeks at number one, saturated radios and won Grammys.

15 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

why are swifties trying so hard to make this "meet me behind them all" /  "meet me behind the mall" double meaning bullsh*t happen

first time I read that it actually blew my mind

1 minute ago, PopA911 said:

first time I read that it actually blew my mind

It's good yeah but they're pushing it. I just know her ass would have been liking theories about it on tumblr if we were still in that era.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

It's good yeah but they're pushing it. I just know her ass would have been liking theories about it on tumblr if we were still in that era.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

I want her to be active on TikTok... she went there to like one or two a few weeks ago and disappeared again

S6QhLz0.jpg

45 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Reveal hidden contents

TS doesn't like it when people force her to do things and she probably told her just that. The maximum is a minor disruption, I think.

24 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

"your back beneath the sun" / "you're back beneath the sun" too, like stfu

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

I don't know why they're pushing this one. "Your back" is hornier and more interesting, and "wishing I could write my name on it" wouldn't make sense otherwise. Sis was talking about that feeling when you see a beefy guy on the beach and wanting to dick him down, we love a power top

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Can we talk about the absolute scream of a Daily Mail article :bibliahh:

In the pictures obtained by DailyMail.com, Swift is shown hidden beneath a large black umbrella that was handed to her by a member of her entourage while she was still on board. 

Other members of her entourage are shown departing the plane and heading towards waiting gas guzzling SUVs.

S6QhLz0.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.