• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, mypaintoyou said:

Becyase she can be accused of murder

and I’d still defend her with my life 

The biggest artist who debuted this century can do no wrong in my eyes, that's my momma :jonny5:

25 minutes ago, mypaintoyou said:

I guess I’m a blind Stan 

Becyase she can be accused of murder

and I’d still defend her with my life 

My Queen can't do anything wrong. Love her so so much. 

the last great american dynasty is the best song on folklore. 

invisible string is the most underappreciated song on folklore.

exile is the best collaboration on folklore.

These three songs make up my folklore trinity. 

I do think this thread might be downplaying this whole jet thing a bit. Yes, twitter has turned it into a meme, but there's still multiple 100K posts out there that aren't memes. On Reddit there's 5-6 massive posts with thousands of comments and posts, a few that made /all, the one from /r/taylorswift had over 2.4 million views and that wasn't even the biggest one, another with 72K upvotes. Vast majority of comments are negative naturally, she also needs the GP on her side if she's launching a new era and her image was probably the best it's been since early 1989 days. I don't think Drake or Kylie really care about negative headlines, but we all know she does, plus they have new things pop up every few days to distract and change the subject, Taylor will probably just hide.

14 minutes ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I do think this thread might be downplaying this whole jet thing a bit. Yes, twitter has turned it into a meme, but there's still multiple 100K posts out there that aren't memes. On Reddit there's 5-6 massive posts with thousands of comments and posts, a few that made /all, the one from /r/taylorswift had over 2.4 million views and that wasn't even the biggest one, another with 72K upvotes. Vast majority of comments are negative naturally, she also needs the GP on her side if she's launching a new era and her image was probably the best it's been since early 1989 days. I don't think Drake or Kylie really care about negative headlines, but we all know she does, plus they have new things pop up every few days to distract and change the subject, Taylor will probably just hide.

I hope it doesn't cause her to continue her hiding era for longer than was originally planned. I don't think the GP care enough for this to be an actual problem? + the people who truly care about climate change should know jets are not the problem by this point. I think the only people truly outraged are those who care about climate change enough to type something angry on the internet but simultaneously don't care about it enough to know what's actually causing the problems. :celestial:

51 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Thanks bestie I lost my thread making privilege :deadbanana4:

:rip: what did you do fff

26 minutes ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

Of course she cares about all the lashings, but her jet was still used more than once I think since the articles started popping up. I do believe that she (and the other celebs) deserves all the lashings for this but we all know she won't stop and there's truly nothing that she can do. Donating to organizations and suddenly becoming a climate change activist would be tacky as hell so I'd rather she keeps her mouth shut. She also 100% won't start taking normal flights like some others do. And this doesn't even compare to snapgate or some other controversies that she had.

Making peace with the fact that your faves are no innocent angels and being there for the musique mostly never felt better.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Edited by State of Grace.

her GP goodwill was at all time high from folklore to the first week of Red TV and she wasted it with barely any promo and no tour announcement :dies: 

i think after Red TV and the whole Jake scarf thing, the silly "she's obsessed with her ex" narrative resurfaced (tbf some Swifties were really annoying and harrassing Jake, and for what?), people started to sour on her image.

and of course she goes into hiding this year, and gets into mess like the David O Russell thing and now this. 

2 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

The new Chartmasters update :jonny5:

CSPC-Taylor-Swift-2022-albums-and-songs-

Her six albums over 10M units put her in the same category as Madonna, Mariah, and Celine :jonny5:

I just love how rich she is :jonny3:.

The way she's richer than every single generation of my family that's ever existed or will ever exist. Ugh, we're such losers lanaboards-yikes.gif 

Now that she seems to be entering another backlash era I’m actually more worried about one thing that seems to have faded to the background coming back nn

Involving a certain Learner’s Permit singer… I’m stll predicting that she’s gonna have a song on her next album called “Never Meet Your Heroes” referencing the writing credit thing and it will start a wave of “Taylor threatened to sue a teen who looked up to her!!!” esp since most of the GP aren’t aware of that situation. Would be worse optics than feuding with Kimye bc nobody ever had sympathy for them/thought they were good people. It would be red meat for people who say she’s catty and vindictive.

Edited by Beyonnaise

I don't think Olivia would risk making Swifites mad as her fanbase is full of them and I believe most would choose Taylor unless whatever happened was really bad (I personally believe something did happened between them). I always thought it the was the firm that owns Jack's songs that went after the credit though, as they don't care who they offend.

There's also the Amsterdam fallout which is just waiting to blow up, but the media might not want to piss off so many big A-List stars because they can't just focus on Taylor.

Edited by Ithinkforme13

That girl doesn’t have a compelling narrative going into her second album (like the Disney love triangle) because her next relationships were with boys nobody knows/cares about. I think her and her team will just take the risk of making that the central theme because even with the Swiftie overlap, she’s still in a good position to play the innocent little victim role.

I don't care about Taylor polluting the environment, but that PR response to RS was completely off-putting. The way it was just them doing damage control but making the situation sound even worse. It's kind of hard to believe Taylor would be that out of touch with reality.

It was sensed through her commencement speech, too. Her expecting normal people to relate to her experiences is definitely cringe tbh. The thing is she has one of the most unique experiences in the world as a human being. Her not accepting it and constantly bringing up the haterz who're out to get her gives major loser energy.

If you analyze the songs like You Need to Calm Down and The Man lyrically, you can surely notice how bizarre they sound since they're written about her life experiences directly. Her expecting people who can't even hold hands with their significant other in public to relate to her being dragged by internet trolls, or her asking if she'd have gotten there faster if she were a man. No, the ****, you wouldn't, Taylor. Imagine a man with songs like WANEGBT, Blank Space or Look What You Made Me Do in their catalog lol. The tea is that misogyny has always worked in her favor at the end of the day and she's managed to use it to fuel her career.

Honestly, Taylor's so lucky that love and heartbreak are universal feelings and experiences. She should stick to writing about them because that's what she ******* excels at.

tl;dr Taylor, shut up and give us TS10. No one cares about the climate change in the real world.

22 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Now that she seems to be entering another backlash era I’m actually more worried about one thing that seems to have faded to the background coming back nn

Reveal hidden contents

Involving a certain Learner’s Permit singer… I’m stll predicting that she’s gonna have a song on her next album called “Never Meet Your Heroes” referencing the writing credit thing and it will start a wave of “Taylor threatened to sue a teen who looked up to her!!!” esp since most of the GP aren’t aware of that situation. Would be worse optics than feuding with Kimye bc nobody ever had sympathy for them/thought they were good people. It would be red meat for people who say she’s catty and vindictive.

I need Olivia to spill the tea actually because I do believe she was done wrong. 

I don't really think an Olivia feud where she's painted as the bitter old hag à la Madonna would happen. The only lashings worth worrying about is Amsterdam, especially if she actually gets out of her hibernation to go ok the press tour. Can you imagine her saying she had a great time on set meeting all those legends and her fave Anya or that DOR was a lovely director? JAIL

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

All the Facebook Karen's and Kyle's defending Taylor is hilarious to me. :gaycat6:

Everyone and their mother is in that movie. The whole Hollywood would have to be cancelled, which doesn't seem likely.

None of this will affect her career, please

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

a Olivia-Taylor feud would be such a mess because Gracie and Conan (her besties) basically worship her (i mean Olivia used to worship her too so...)

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Olivia isn't dumb enough to try to take on Taylor regardless of what happened between them

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Her streams yesterday (when backlash was in full force) increased by 300k streams compared to last Saturday. The fact that some of yall think this might hurt her in any way is pretty funny.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Edited by igotabigfatass

5 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Olivia isn't dumb enough to try to take on Taylor regardless of what happened between them

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

The narrative wouldn't work anyways, 1 steps forward 3 steps back literally interpolates terrible sing NYD. Personally I don't think deja vu has anything to do with Cruel Summer but get money *****, I guess.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

7 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

All the Facebook Karen's and Kyle's defending Taylor is hilarious to me. :gaycat6:

Having a republican fan base is so much better anyways 

lanaboards-yikes.gif

Just now, igotabigfatass said:

The narrative wouldn't work anyways, 1 steps forward 3 steps back literally interpolates terrible sing NYD. Personally I don't think deja vu has anything to do with Cruel Summer but get money *****, I guess.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

the Deja vu bridge sounds exactly the same as the cruel summer one

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.