Taylor Swift

Achilles.

12 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

folklore is such a summertime sadness album :jonny2:

And honestly, it has so many layers to it that sort of just grow as you move through life. One factor, I guess, is that I recently moved back into the same place I lived in when Folklore was released, literally two doors down from the old apartment. And more than that - not to be weird and get too personal, but today, listening to The Last Great American Dynasty, I thought of my grandmother who passed last year. She was by no means wealthy, but she was a friend to some socialite types and existed sort of at the edges of the kind of life described in that song. It was a really neat moment of reflection and I'm happy that I'm getting to engage with some of Taylor's work in new ways. I really can't imagine a world without Folklore anymore.

• Like 3

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite thing about the whole folklore era is the LPSS. There's just a sense of serenity everytime I'm watching the documentary. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

And honestly, it has so many layers to it that sort of just grow as you move through life. One factor, I guess, is that I recently moved back into the same place I lived in when Folklore was released, literally two doors down from the old apartment. And more than that - not to be weird and get too personal, but today, listening to The Last Great American Dynasty, I thought of my grandmother who passed last year. She was by no means wealthy, but she was a friend to some socialite types and existed sort of at the edges of the kind of life described in that song. It was a really neat moment of reflection and I'm happy that I'm getting to engage with some of Taylor's work in new ways. I really can't imagine a world without Folklore anymore.

That was so cute to read and so relatable. Not in the same way, but I just said to a friend of mine that folklore reminds me of when I was at my lowest and that the first notes of "the 1" instantly throw me back to those days and how much better I am now (even if not 100%).

I just love folklore so much, it does mean a lot to me and I'm glad I have a folklore tattoo on my body.

27 minutes ago, Klein said:

My favorite thing about the whole folklore era is the LPSS. There's just a sense of serenity everytime I'm watching the documentary. 

YES!! I love this too!! The way I could hear her talk for hours about folklore... Wish she did the same with evermore so we could know more behind the inspiration of the album and each song. But I guess "tolerate it" was a tad bit too personal for her to talk about :dies:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

YES!! I love this too!! The way I could hear her talk for hours about folklore... Wish she did the same with evermore so we could know more behind the inspiration of the album and each song. But I guess "tolerate it" was a tad bit too personal for her to talk about :dies:

Completely understand your point, but if she found a way to talk about 'hoax', then there's no excuse for not talking about 'tolerate it'. :clack:

Tbh, it might be one of my favorite thing in her career. The way I'd make incantations if that meant we could get something similar for literally every album. Explaining the inspiration behind each song, and then play it acoustic. That's a dream. 

• Like 1

I was today years old when I decided that Long Story Short and Closure are absolutely essential to Evermore (god's favorite album) and they (especially the latter) have been unfairly maligned

nbnc and dorothea, however, are not essential

:clack:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

:clack:

this tea :clap3:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

23 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

this tea :clap3:

I was today years old when I discovered that you became OEH. :clack:

• Haha 1

I'm SO scared of the Teardrops On My Guitar Version she will re-record. :WAP:

Is it the original 2006?

The radio single remix everyone thinks is the original version?

The pop remix?!

The Fearless International Version?

The YOU version?!

I NEED DEBUT TV THIS YEAR IF NOT NOW.:jonnycat:

:deadbanana4:

the experience of american swifties abroad (whether in South America or Europe) will remain one of my favorite things about this tour

• Haha 2

On 7/4/2024 at 1:44 PM, Dear Reader said:

That was so cute to read and so relatable. Not in the same way, but I just said to a friend of mine that folklore reminds me of when I was at my lowest and that the first notes of "the 1" instantly throw me back to those days and how much better I am now (even if not 100%).

this made me think of my first time listening to folklore omg :jonnycat: i wasnt as immediately in love w the album as most ppl, but i remember the scene so perfectly. blazing nyc summer heat compounding the stress from covid lockdowns and all the **** happening summer 2020...i saw the post announcing the album and was hyped but also confused and a lil discouraged bc i LIKE loud vibrant pop (nvm that we were coming from lover fdk) and i knew this wasnt that gig. i so vividly remember going to work that night (i worked at target doing stocking overnight), hitting the salesfloor at midnight, and going to where the toys section used to be in my store, and kinda blanking out as the album played. but the first few notes of "the 1" always send me back to that spot, in the toys section, just turning my brain off and opening boxes while the album played. :gaycat6:

Edited by Edge Of Glory
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.