Normani

URBAN

34 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

Decent with crossover appeal? Yes

As heavy as I want it to be? No

4io43dqk

Reveal hidden contents

There is a release date now, and it’s not one any of y’all are gonna like. So I suggest we all find something else to do for a while to protect the small amount of sanity we have left, and distance ourselves from all of this?. Just looking out for y’all 

Yeah because you’re a bit ratchet and love a deep bass. Bye!

And I guess late July confirmed. If the tea around that the video is *just now* being shot today is true, then late July to early August makes the most sense.

We’re on the yearly VMA rollout cycle again. :deadbanana4:

-

@shelven what would be 10/10 to you? Have Mercy? :eli:

Edited by Flare

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

4 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

I’m assuming @wildsidenormani is hinting at the single release date and not the album. At least that’s what I gathered from their post.

Yes

1 minute ago, Heheee said:

I'm pretty sure modus said it was coming in July which I also think is annoying but whatever at this point ?

:party:

f12xpq6q

Hang in there y'all 

Just now, wildsidenormani said:

Yes

f12xpq6q

Hang in there y'all 

I'm hanging by a thread.....is July still it though? ??‍♀️

7 minutes ago, Flare said:

@shelven what would be 10/10 to you? Have Mercy? :eli:

Tbh I don't really know. It's kind of just something that I know when I hear it. Like I remember having that reaction to Work From Home - the second it premiered, it instantly felt like exactly what I had always wanted from 5H.

Don't know if I'd put Have Mercy in the same boat, but I'd at least say it's closer to what I was hoping a big Normani uptempo would be like than Candy Paint (based on the snippets we have at least).

8 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

Yes

f12xpq6q

Hang in there y'all 

So July? I mean this is already too far but August would be embarrassing. For another single too. We’re not even getting an album kiiii

If she wants the VMA performance she better promote CP like she does or I don’t want to hear any crying 

Candy Paint VMAs Performance concept (since we know it’s coming August now).

Stage full of colorful cars and people twerking on them. Normani bursts out from the ceiling on a rotating platform twerking, holding a paint gun, shooting rainbow paint on the audience. Angry Issa Rae GIF

Edited by Flare

5 minutes ago, Flare said:

Candy Paint VMAs Performance concept (since we know it’s coming August now).

Stage full of colorful cars and people twerking on them. Normani bursts out from the ceiling on a rotating platform twerking, holding a paint gun, shooting rainbow paint on the audience. Angry Issa Rae GIF

Who said it was coming in August? 

it’s very interesting to the massive push tate mcrae is getting on the same label

15 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

? 

Edited by Heheee
Someone told me to delete don't know how to do that so I edited hopefully it's gone now ??

Just now, wildsidenormani said:

Exactly. Take it from Jay and I - y'all need to go hard for this one

If it comes w/ the video then I really don't think there's gonna be any problems on the fans side the rest is up to her team and if they actually give it any push upon release 

20 minutes ago, dominickmcintee said:

it’s very interesting to the massive push tate mcrae is getting on the same label

Tate has been running a tiktok sweatshop out of her apartment so I’ll give her some of that credit. I do think RCA prefers to focus on one or a few releases at a time though :priceless:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, shelven said:

I've actually not been super enthusiastic about it since the very first day we got the chorus snippet. I even made a post about it at the time, but tried to keep it under the radar because everyone was celebrating and I didn't want to spoil the fun :eli:

It sounds fun and catchy, but I guess we spent SO long waiting for a proper uptempo and the snippets just haven't been living up to my expectations that I spent so long building in my head. I'm sure I'll like the song, but I really wanted something that immediately sounded like a 10/10 bop and an instant smash to me, and I haven't gotten that so far. 

I agree. This is exactly what happens when you don't release any music and constantly talk about making the "perfect" debut album. I'm sure Candy Paint will be a bop but it doesn't sound like a song that's worth waiting years for. A live performance could help give the song a push right out the gate but it seems like they're gonna ignore the BET Awards... guess we'll be begging MTV for another VMA slot this year :rip:

Now if WheresJay posted and then deleted an August date… :coffee2:

1 hour ago, WheresJay said:

:) 

Not you posting some tea and not letting any of us read it. :deadbanana4:

right so.. if it’s supposed to be coming in late july/early august am I to assume the video still hasn’t been filmed yet?

The last 2 pages...yikes. Time for me to dip once again.

tenor.gif

13 minutes ago, j_mars20 said:

right so.. if it’s supposed to be coming in late july/early august am I to assume the video still hasn’t been filmed yet?

As far as we know, no video’s been shot yet.

y’all saw her alleged man

14 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

As far as we know, no video’s been shot yet.

laughable.

Yeah I think I'm officially out if she'll be doing nothing for the next two months AND if we're now resorting to posting tea in here and deleting it minutes later for fun :skull: See you all once she finally remembers she's allegedly a music artist, if she ever does.

3 minutes ago, shelven said:

Yeah I think I'm officially out if she'll be doing nothing for the next two months AND if we're now resorting to posting tea in here and deleting it minutes later for fun :skull: See you all once she finally remembers she's allegedly a music artist, if she ever does.

Lol you wont have to wait months. Just one. Promo will begin soon... or maybe we're already in it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.