Normani

URBAN

1 minute ago, Garbaj said:

so if tinashe got her spot... why tinashe performing for the usher tribute? was normani listed as a performer because she was doing the usher tribute; or did she have a solo set?

I mean to me it was obvious Normani was never going to perform her own song. She hasn't had a hit in years on billboard or radio because she hasn't released since Wild Side and doesn't have any connection with the BET Awards so yesterday when people were posting the commerical, I always assumed she would be a part of Usher's tribute. :michael:

• Like 3

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

7 minutes ago, Garbaj said:

so if tinashe got her spot... why tinashe performing for the usher tribute? was normani listed as a performer because she was doing the usher tribute; or did she have a solo set?

tinashe getting her "spot" was a rumor people made up. tinashe just got announced i'm sure she was apart of the tribute the whole time.

• Like 1

mani was definitely finna be apart of that usher tribute idk why yall talking about a candy paint rehearsal lol

• Haha 8

Oh it was just the Usher tribute and tinashe took the slot for Nice and Slow. How Normani got injured? Unless that was a last min song swap.

Still, what Usher song gave injury potential in the choreography? This is confusing but it's honestly non-factor.

Normani's team needs to stop being weird and just push Candy Paint as the next single so we get a potential VMA slot. Worst case scenario, it flops completely but we get another iconic video and VMA promo run (all helps with branding this underrated narrative). Best case scenario, the single catches on and she ends up with another cute solo hit. :bird:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, troy4783 said:

Yeah I'm almost certain she was meant to be apart of that Usher tribute !

but nobody knows for sure that's the thing. but y'all are gonna drive yourselves mad with conspiracies lol

• Like 3

I wonder if there's any other videos besides "1:59" & "Candy Paint", because there's nothing left for these songs to do. They've kind of thrown "All Yours" out there unknowingly and I feel like that should be their focus for now. 

They need to post those two videos, no point in having them stored in a file app. Then, "All Yours" needs a lyrics video and visualizer. I'm sure she has some old studio footage where she could do a voice over talking about the song in a 'behind the scenes' style. Sell some AY merch through Spotify and her website, she's going to be done for a few weeks, but the train shouldn't stop, again! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garbaj said:

Tinashe took her spot in the Usher tribute.

i've been very positive this whole time but… i'm extremely sad for mani :/ feels like everything is always against her so i can only imagine how SHE feels. seeing how GOOD the ******* BET AWARDS was for the first time in probably 8 years and knowing she had a moment taken away from her again.. it's depressing. i hope she's okay and remaining as positive as she can bc i know there will be other opportunities but ugh 

Edited by sleepevaded
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TizTiz said:

but the train shouldn't stop, again! 

this made me chuckle cause...

I didn't know the train took off yet? I thought it was still revving up at the station.

we've received nothing but the album (which I LOVE and I'm grateful for) but not even a physical album

No music videos (she's content with holding them hostage on her phone)

No performances (and we definitely won't be getting any in the near future)

No television (anything... late night, talk show, morning shows)

just two youtube interviews that she couldn't even be bothered to change her outfit for

i'mma always luv the girl but sometimes... ugh

Praying for her speedy recovery so she can get back to trolling us properly

Giggle Chuckle GIF by BAFTA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i'm not one to complain w her anymore but they need to drop that candy paint video in the next 3 days. that performance would've been great for her so boom… plan B  

there's no excuse anymore use what you have to get her out there while she's recovering. 

• Like 3

So she couldn't even get up there and give us a standing 1:59 performance??

She's just not hungry enough

tumblr_n0anmuqDe81rcxt82o4_250.gif

Drop the Candy Paint video!!!!!

Edited by Monkey_Juice
  • Thumbs Down 5

Everyone doing too much, she should just sit out for a while record a couple new singles and come back in the late fall with a new single & tour announcement for the new year

6 hours ago, Arianna Kylie said:

but nobody knows for sure that's the thing. but y'all are gonna drive yourselves mad with conspiracies lol

It's not a conspiracy it's quite obvious let's be honest lol. The tribute was filled with pretty much all the current other R&B girls and some of them are pretty much on the same level as her as far as current success. She mentions the "other beautiful black women" in her IG story post from last night also.

Edited by troy4783

This may be a sign from God for Normani, especially, her team and her label. I see the events of the last couple years tied with the current misfortunes as a real wake up call! Watching some of the most basic artist getting their shot at performing is infuriating, from their own catalog or tribute or not. 

I think they should ride "DOPAMINE" till December 31, 2024 and nothing later. While she's down, she and her team needs to really sit down with RCA and come to some kind middle ground between their wanting her to be more than just an R&B artist and her wanting to rehash the 90's/2000's eternally. Had she been willing to play the game back in 2019, there no telling where she'd be by now. She pretty much has the performance and visual aspect down to a T and produces quality. Music seems to be where she's most reluctant and her biggest time consuming. 

I need 12 songs, 3 singles (1 Pop, 1 R&B & 1 Urban/Hip Hop to straddle the fence) ready to go by April-album in May! I don't see RCA pumping $0.10 into this era, so it's best to meet them halfway for another era. Her biggest audience seem to be Pop and they're not working into another. Even with "Wild Side", they catered to pop. I feel like BET throw her a bone through the Soul Train Awards, but Brandon and Tunji didn't see fit to reciprocate a relationship. 

The VMAs are next, Billboard Awards, Soul Train Awards and American Music Awards. She needs to be present, be it performing, presenting it or attending. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkey_Juice said:

some of you really are disgusting. genuinely.

an injury being a "wake up call" or some sign shows that y'all see this girl as some show animal who can't get the grace to just recover and rest bc in y'all minds she doesnt "want it enough". ******* gross.

Edited by Arianna Kylie
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Monkey_Juice said:

That's pretty insensitive but ignoring that Normani didn't have her own slot. She was supposed to be apart of the Usher tribute so no she couldn't perform anything else and mess up what the producers wanted for usher.

8 hours ago, TizTiz said:

I wonder if there's any other videos besides "1:59" & "Candy Paint", because there's nothing left for these songs to do. They've kind of thrown "All Yours" out there unknowingly and I feel like that should be their focus for now. 

They need to post those two videos, no point in having them stored in a file app. Then, "All Yours" needs a lyrics video and visualizer. I'm sure she has some old studio footage where she could do a voice over talking about the song in a 'behind the scenes' style. Sell some AY merch through Spotify and her website, she's going to be done for a few weeks, but the train shouldn't stop, again! 

I've been saying this since the album got released but since she loves that song so much. She should make it a summer « hit », which means she has to release the MV NOW because the summer already started…

8 hours ago, TizTiz said:

I see All Yours more as a fall single but yeah she can start the compaign this summer 

1 hour ago, Arianna Kylie said:

some of you really are disgusting. genuinely.

an injury being a "wake up call" or some sign shows that y'all see this girl as some show animal who can't get the grace to just recover and rest bc in y'all minds she doesnt "want it enough". ******* gross.

The « wake up call » comment wasn't mean at all. Stop being a crybaby for any and everything. Thank you.

Now that it was confirmed it was for Usher's tribute, I'm not too upset tbh. Though I do think they should drop the teaser and music video now.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Givemeyourcoat said:

The « wake up call » comment wasn't mean at all. Stop being a crybaby for any and everything. Thank you.

i made my statement and can't nobody do a **** thing about it. go touch grass and stop trying to be an imaginary A&R. thank you.

Let me just say, you are all hilarious 😂 

"She should do this, and this, and also this and probably perform on the moon too". Yeah right, with what money ? 

the VMA? You mean the ceremony she kept at gun point to perform because they had Chloe performing and throw a tantrum? They will never get her back ever again unless she achieves multi platinum with one song 

Edited by Monsieurgedeon

I hate that this happened to her. I do hope Lydia pushes her to release the video this week. At this point it's like what are they waiting for 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.