• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

I'm so gutted for her . This must be so frustrating for her . I hope she recovers and has a speedy recovery !

• Like 1

Ok well since she can't perform she should at least drop the video lol. Use the momentum because ppl are definitely going to be talking about her because she's not there.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Flare said:

Multiple people saw the commercial on tv today though. Why would they even add her to the commercials JUST TO REMOVE HER from the lineup? That would imply Normani/her team pulled her.  :deadbanana4:

I was right again. 

This makes me wonder what the performance was about to give because why she in a WHOLE BOOT? Like I've never seen Normani completely down and out like this. I wonder what the choreography was giving.

• Like 1

this is actually soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointing. having to announce your performance and announce that its cancelled... must be so DEVASTATING for her. get well soo mother xoxo.

• Like 7

Poor girl is cursed. I feel so bad for her. I hope she has a speedy recovery. 

At this point, I say they should just drop the visuals while she's recovering. Maybe even drop the rehearsal video because it'd be cool for us to see what she had planned even if it didn't come out to fruition.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

Maybe even drop the rehearsal video because it'd be cool for us to see what she had planned even if it didn't come out to fruition.

I was literally just thinking the same thing lol!

a knee injury is serious esp for someone who's a proficient dancer, really wishing the best for mani cause this is just dreadful

• Like 5

This can't be real…. Everything is seriously so frustrating. I feel so bad for her and to everyone who has been a longtime fan. Sigh…. :gaycat7:

• Like 5

i honestly feel a little emo because she really doesn't deserve this, she was clearly going to give it her all to end up in this position. i just know she's devastated :cries: 

i hope they release the video regardless, its time to put it out there cause she's going to be out for a while now :/

i wish her a speedy recovery and hope this doesn't knock her confidence too much :heart2:

• Like 1

so it's obvious lydia is working.. we just unfortunately had this happen. ugh.

we gotta get that candy paint video out like tomorrow. have to.

This is incredibly sad, but there's a way to rebound from this.

All we need is some rehearsal footage, and the release of Candy Paint, the video. Clearly they were gonna use this moment to promo that, use the sympathy being garnered right now to say "I may be down, but I am NOT out, drop Candy Paint NEOW"

spacer.png

I'm not losing hope. I ain't gonna expect nothing, but I'm not losing hope in our girl.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, NobodysFool said:

All we need is some rehearsal footage, and the release of Candy Paint, the video. Clearly they were gonna use this moment to promo that, use the sympathy being garnered right now to say "I may be down, but I am NOT out, drop Candy Paint NEOW"

Yeah, if there's a tiny silver lining to come out of this, I hope it finally makes her/her inner circle realize that nothing is guaranteed and they need to make their own promo wherever they can find it. She probably felt more comfortable being mostly silent during the release week because she knew this performance was coming up. But she really shouldn't be taking anything for granted and should find inexpensive and easy ways to promote whenever she can.

• Like 8

It's unfortunate what happened but at this point just release the video. If she isn't set to perform it anytime soon releasing the video can atleast gain some traction for the song. If she doesn't then at this point she should keep it. I think Normani sees her performing as the only option there is for promotion but this incident just showed me how fickle the assumption is. Especially when we have Chappelle Roan literally getting a top 10 months after release not everything has to be show stopping consistency and good music go a long way. 

It'll be interesting to see what Tinashe does tonight cause it looks like she took her place last minute. I'll be less bummed about this if she was just doing the Usher tribute tbh.

Just now, nooniebao said:

It'll be interesting to see what Tinashe does tonight cause it looks like she took her place last minute. I'll be less bummed about this if she was just doing the Usher tribute tbh.

Yeah, I'm telling myself that's all she was doing to feel better about how shitty this whole situation is :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NobodysFool said:

spacer.png

I'm not losing hope. I ain't gonna expect nothing, but I'm not losing hope in our girl.

What I'm hoping is that they see the controversy and just release it. What her and her team need to learn is that you never wait until your name is out the press completely to drop something anticipated. If you know that you aren't going to be performing the song any time soon might as well release let it build on radio for a few months and come back refreshed. If I was Lydia I would just drop it during the show and hope that the crowd that felt like she was doing this for publicity talk it up to a trending spot.  If the music video is that good it should atleast hold people's attention for a little while like Motivation. 

• Like 1

so if tinashe got her spot... why tinashe performing for the usher tribute? was normani listed as a performer because she was doing the usher tribute; or did she have a solo set?

2 minutes ago, Garbaj said:

so if tinashe got her spot... why tinashe performing for the usher tribute? was normani listed as a performer because she was doing the usher tribute; or did she have a solo set?

I'm assuming so. But you have to know that most award shows have alternate performers. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.