Normani

URBAN

7 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Probably doing the Usher tribute if she is performing. Highly doubt it'll be anything from DOPAMINE. 

atp idc what she does, i just wanna see her on a stage:giraffe:

• Like 6

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

I just hope fans aren't disappointed when she's only dancing and/or singing during the Usher tribute 💀💀

5 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

I just hope fans aren't disappointed when she's only dancing and/or singing during the Usher tribute 💀💀

Let's not move the goal post :laugh: A lot of people were having breakdowns because they thought she wasn't performing and now she might be performing. So far the twitter reactions are positive. Normani hasn't been on a stage in years. I for one am very happy she will be there whether it's presenting or performing. Being visible after an album release is super important. 

4 hours ago, nooniebao said:

i REALLY hope you're wrong but… i'm just excited to hopefully see her on a red carpet again and doing interviews ab the album at the very least. fingers crossed we get a Candy Paint performance tho bc this is her moment so they better have taken it. we probably won't be getting anything other than VMAs (if that) and the Grammys later on (me being optimistic) so just ONEEEEE performance could make everything 10x more exciting 

i just saw the commercial on bet, they announced her as a performer. idk if it's for dopamine or if she's simply dancing for the usher tribute… but i'm happy regardless (either way it's good for putting her name out there more)! 

Edited by NormaniQueen

On 6/28/2024 at 4:32 AM, nooniebao said:

She doesn't want to post on her main account. I thought that was obvious.

Its not. How is it when she post the same pictures on both accounts ? 

When they announced the last group of performers two days ago, the people.com article said the usher tribute people had not been announced yet so I think it's normani and teyana who also hasn't been officially announced yet but is in the commercial.

I'm going to be honest, I'm just happy she is going to be there and they are not dismissing her for her pop background. It means next year she will be able to perform her own stuff. I remember last year lenny kravitz tweeting that the bet awards never accepted him and he was never invited at all so it definitely could happen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, remming said:

When they announced the last group of performers two days ago, the people.com article said the usher tribute people had not been announced yet so I think it's normani and teyana who also hasn't been officially announced yet but is in the commercial.

I'm going to be honest, I'm just happy she is going to be there and they are not dismissing her for her pop background. It means next year she will be able to perform her own stuff. I remember last year lenny kravitz tweeting that the bet awards never accepted him and he was never invited at all so it definitely could happen.

i think the usher tribute might be keke and teyana based off of what one of the bts people were hinting at.

Edited by NormaniQueen

the only person who's acknowledged their BET awards performance is victoria monet lmao. everyone else hasn't posted about it so idk.

usher tribute or dopamine performance,

get normani in front of the people!! her performing with usher would be even more amazing and get eyes on her too. 

• Like 1

Don't really believe this is for an Usher tribute.

Even if she participates in an Usher tribute, I can't see Normani's team/label *OR* BET wasting an opportunity to have a performance from Dopamine when she just released an album 2 wks ago and supposedly has a CP MV waiting in the wings to be released.

I fully expect a CP performance or a Dopamine medly with CP and 1 or 2 portions of fan favorites like Still, All Yours, Big Boi thrown in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NormaniQueen said:

i think the usher tribute might be keke and teyana based off of what one of the bts people were hinting at.

What makes you think it's keke btw? I know she just released a song because she joined a girl group so I can see her performing her own song.

29 minutes ago, Lola1122 said:

Don't really believe this is for an Usher tribute.

Even if she participates in an Usher tribute, I can't see Normani's team/label *OR* BET wasting an opportunity to have a performance from Dopamine when she just released an album 2 wks ago and supposedly has a CP MV waiting in the wings to be released.

I fully expect a CP performance or a Dopamine medly with CP and 1 or 2 portions of fan favorites like Still, All Yours, Big Boi thrown in.

That would be nice but I don't think Normani has much of a budget with RCA and she doesn't have a relationship with the BET awards at all. I wasn't even expecting her to perform so I think I am going to keep my expectations low and expect the Usher tribute performance but hope for a candy paint or 1:59 performance :laugh:

• Like 3

We'll just have to wait and see. 

Is it wrong for me to want her to walk the carpet with DK for PR reasonings? :emofish:

• Like 2

I feel like if she was performing her own songs, she would've already been announced as a performer weeks ago since it's her comeback to the stage. The last minute addition makes me think it's the Usher tribute.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 2ne1k said:

I feel like if she was performing her own songs, she would've already been announced as a performer weeks ago since it's her comeback to the stage. The last minute addition makes me think it's the Usher tribute.

Yeah, like I know she doesn't like social media, but there's no way that even she wouldn't have put out at least one generic tweet about the performance if she was actually performing something from the album :toofunny2:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2ne1k said:

I don't know. The whole events feels muted this year. Not a lot of hype. Not many artists posting about preparing for the show.

Usher tribute or performing her own song, you would think that there would be more promo on her part either way.

• Like 3

I don't even think she's showing up :toofunny3:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Lola1122 said:

I can't see Normani's team/label *OR* BET wasting an opportunity to have a performance from Dopamine when she just released an album 2 wks ago and supposedly has a CP MV waiting in the wings to be released.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Lola1122 said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I didn't even know she was announced to participate. Since I got the album, I stopped keeping up last week. Pretty much got what I've been thirsting for and all she's going to do. 

I don't have an idea of what she could do, I don't see her performing any of f her songs and I can't think of any songs I could hear her on that's Ushers. I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised. With her having no budget, no support and no current hype, even after an album release, if she does perform her own material, it may be just what she needs to add flames to the fire. I doubt she'd perform anything but CP and that's not going to move the needle any further, so let's hope she's apart of the tribute. 

15 hours ago, remming said:

Let's not move the goal post :laugh: A lot of people were having breakdowns because they thought she wasn't performing and now she might be performing. So far the twitter reactions are positive. Normani hasn't been on a stage in years. I for one am very happy she will be there whether it's presenting or performing. Being visible after an album release is super important. 

It's better to he out there reminding people who she is and what she can do then nowhere at all

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rac7d said:

It's better to he out there reminding people who she is and what she can do then nowhere at all

Even though I have a gut feeling she's banking on the VMA IN AUGUST, I think the BET Awards, even at their lowest, could work in her favor. Whatever she does, performing is where she's most passionate. She'll see some slight streams for simply being visible in the public! 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.