• Flare

• nooniebao

2 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Yes. Along with three other songs.

Where can we listen to Killing Me?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nooniebao said:

Source that they're not posting it?

I said apparently bc I saw it being discussed on social media in a few Nation tweets :dies: Which clearly is a super reliable source :eli:
From what I remember they were saying there was a deleted tweet from Zach that indicated that? They either misconstrued it or just made it up entirely I guess :toofunny2: because 

Pure speculation, but maybe Normani and Terrell had an exclusive agreement (first video interview post-album release), and Zach had to wait until after that was aired to release? Regardless, really excited to watch this!

Edited by maaricle

Wow I really hope there's a deluxe cause she's blowing down 

Edited by Hey200200

I also still think we can get performances. She also will for sure be touring lol. She needs to recoup that ROI. But for real - she keeps saying she's a visual artist and I'm hoping the candy paint video goes viral and brings more attention to this album. I feel like they said if we have limited budget we're going the longevity route.

i do feel like now that she has a project out, the second one will come more naturally. So so happy she has Lydia in her corner

• Like 2

The scrapped songs are cute, I like she was SINGING on Slow Jam. Anyways the album is already pretty good, none of these songs would have improved it.

Also, glad Candy Paint is confirmed for a video. I just wonder when will the video release and is Candy Paint going to be a real single or not.

• Thanks 4

I find it comical that there a plenty of way to promote this album, that are affordable, manageable and keeps Normani in the public eye, which is all she needs right now, yet some of y'all act as if no one should mumble a thought and be happy an album exists. Not taking into account that majority of ppl in this thread are fans of Mani, regardless of who are all die hard or casual, please STOP making every opinion seem like a personal attack. 

The album listening event would've been the perfect setting to perform "1:59", "Candy Paint" and one of the new songs (Little Secret, All Yours, Lights On). I don't think we've seen her perform since debuting "Fair", but performing is why a lot of us took her seriously. She was beast on the Sweetener World Tour, her videos were going viral faster than the actual headline artist. 

Though the 'First Dose' teaser only gained 1M views, keep feeding the audience. There should've been another trailer previewing more of CP if that is the single they're still focused on. . . unfortunately. And if the videos weren't ready to premiere, there should've been another for preview for the album day drop and push that video as an ad for other videos. Ppl skip ads, but if they keep seeing an ad before and during videos, it intrigues their interest after so many times. 

Through some lyric vireos and visualizers in the mix, at least for her favorite or the fans favorite songs. This also applies to TikTok, Insta and Facebook (ppl don't pay enough attention to ads on X), there should've been a social media campaign for at least a week or two. There could been Dopminne themed vids showcasing behind the scenes footage of her in the studio, of her talking about the album or individual songs, they could've even used clips from her interviews. This doesn't seem like much, but all you need is video and photos from your phone, a graphic professional and paid invoices. 

The transfer printed merch is not a bad idea, but again, create merch centered around certain songs that ppl are loving, push that through ads and stock mockup models. I like the simplicity of her merch, but she also needs some striking pieces & the prices are unreasonable. If there were physical, the alternative cover bundles would've been generous! (Another tidbit about covers- whoever thought giving the singles and album the same cover should be fired! This did not create the awareness to the album these labels/teams keeps thinking it will). 

Lastly, I think She & RCA should've took a gamble on a live release concert in her strongest market. In a perfect world, both videos, tied to another project or not, would've been out now and she would be doing stand alone shows and performances to build up a live fan base (because that's completely different market than streaming/buying base) so she can tour fall/winter/spring. Maybe even some real meet and greets would be help. I'd be pushing for limited edition physical deluxe editions with two singles ready to go by Aug/Sept/Oct to relight the fire. 

The hype on social media isn't useful, if there isn't some kind of give-&-take relationships with the following. She should've kept her presence at an all time high, emotional damage aside, because your bread & butter is on the line. The little things still make a huge difference if there's no money or leverage for the promotion you deserve.

RCA may not willing to shell out anymore more money, but that's because nothing has happened since 2022 Q1 and that wasn't financially successful. Record labels are small in their thinking because you're not banking on ppl to buy the album, so you abandon the album, it's up to Normani to work for the label and the fans attention. Granted, it's never a good idea to give out too much of your own money, because the label will continue to rely on that, but I don't feel as though they believe in her with their approach. They know more about what goes on in the background than we do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Also, this album is phenomenal. Only "Big Boy" (while I actually like) and "Still" feel out of place. Still, this feels like the album ppl want from R&B/Pop girls, but they never deliver. It's a shame she delivered and ppl either don't know or don't care. 

My Track list: 

• Lights On

• All Yours 

• 1:59

• Grip 

• Candy Paint

• Take My Time

• Insomnia 

• Distance 

• Tantrums 

• Wild Side

• Little Secret

1 hour ago, TizTiz said:

I find it comical that there a plenty of way to promote this album, that are affordable, manageable and keeps Normani in the public eye, which is all she needs right now, yet some of y'all act as if no one should mumble a thought and be happy an album exists. Not taking into account that majority of ppl in this thread are fans of Mani, regardless of who are all die hard or casual, please STOP making every opinion seem like a personal attack. 

The album listening event would've been the perfect setting to perform "1:59", "Candy Paint" and one of the new songs (Little Secret, All Yours, Lights On). I don't think we've seen her perform since debuting "Fair", but performing is why a lot of us took her seriously. She was beast on the Sweetener World Tour, her videos were going viral faster than the actual headline artist. 

Though the 'First Dose' teaser only gained 1M views, keep feeding the audience. There should've been another trailer previewing more of CP if that is the single they're still focused on. . . unfortunately. And if the videos weren't ready to premiere, there should've been another for preview for the album day drop and push that video as an ad for other videos. Ppl skip ads, but if they keep seeing an ad before and during videos, it intrigues their interest after so many times. 

Through some lyric vireos and visualizers in the mix, at least for her favorite or the fans favorite songs. This also applies to TikTok, Insta and Facebook (ppl don't pay enough attention to ads on X), there should've been a social media campaign for at least a week or two. There could been Dopminne themed vids showcasing behind the scenes footage of her in the studio, of her talking about the album or individual songs, they could've even used clips from her interviews. This doesn't seem like much, but all you need is video and photos from your phone, a graphic professional and paid invoices. 

The transfer printed merch is not a bad idea, but again, create merch centered around certain songs that ppl are loving, push that through ads and stock mockup models. I like the simplicity of her merch, but she also needs some striking pieces & the prices are unreasonable. If there were physical, the alternative cover bundles would've been generous! (Another tidbit about covers- whoever thought giving the singles and album the same cover should be fired! This did not create the awareness to the album these labels/teams keeps thinking it will). 

Lastly, I think She & RCA should've took a gamble on a live release concert in her strongest market. In a perfect world, both videos, tied to another project or not, would've been out now and she would be doing stand alone shows and performances to build up a live fan base (because that's completely different market than streaming/buying base) so she can tour fall/winter/spring. Maybe even some real meet and greets would be help. I'd be pushing for limited edition physical deluxe editions with two singles ready to go by Aug/Sept/Oct to relight the fire. 

The hype on social media isn't useful, if there isn't some kind of give-&-take relationships with the following. She should've kept her presence at an all time high, emotional damage aside, because your bread & butter is on the line. The little things still make a huge difference if there's no money or leverage for the promotion you deserve.

RCA may not willing to shell out anymore more money, but that's because nothing has happened since 2022 Q1 and that wasn't financially successful. Record labels are small in their thinking because you're not banking on ppl to buy the album, so you abandon the album, it's up to Normani to work for the label and the fans attention. Granted, it's never a good idea to give out too much of your own money, because the label will continue to rely on that, but I don't feel as though they believe in her with their approach. They know more about what goes on in the background than we do. 

Yeah, it's giving gaslighting. Her fans' (real ones, not the bad faith actors that have been popping up everywhere) feelings are valid about this disastrous rollout. Many of us have rode for her for years with these feelings. Much of it is likely beyond Normani's control at this point due to budgetary issues (that also could have been handled more strategically by her team over the years, which she herself alluded to in the Terrell interview re: spending), but there's no denying that there are ways she could be pushing her work that don't rely on the label that she simply isn't doing. She even comes close to saying as such in the Zach Sang interview, where she talks about the new era of the music industry requiring more self-promotion and specifically mentioned not liking the expectations that places on artists to do things like cater to a TikTok algorithm.

Normani's feelings are valid too, and I genuinely don't want to project self-sabotage onto her since I don't know her personally, but it's clear that there is a lot of trauma that has made this process emotionally turbulent. I really hope that her attitudes towards self-promotion aren't fueled by a fear of success, because she does deserve to shine. All of these critiques don't discount that she was clearly not set up for success, with both the label's lack of belief in her work and the problems her old toxic manager left behind. And I hate that, because she deserves so much better. 

Personally, after following all the ups and the downs since X factor, I decided after the rollout of 1:59 to just accept that this is the current state of affairs until proven otherwise, for my own sanity. There's some fundamental disconnect, and I hope it changes, but I don't expect it to re: a suddenly perfect (or let's face it, an even halfway decent) promotional campaign. There are still things to be excited about. Let me see Normani's phone real quick :eli:

Edited by maaricle
  • Like 3

Ok in regards to the le*ks… 

Killing me- Is really good, I like her tone in the song however I was hoping she would switch to her head voice for the chorus.. Could've replaced "Grip". 

Remind me - The best out of the three. I'd say deserved "Take my time" spot on the album. 🤷🏽‍♂️ (even better than rocket imo)

Beautiful disaster - Definitely had to be apart of the pop version of the album. Sounds like something that would've came out on an album with motivation. It's a good song, couldn't see it on dopamine at all tho.. 

My one problem came back with Normani tho…. 

REFRAIN! REFRAIN! REFRAIN!! 😫 

Like girl ok use the same melodies cool BUT CAN WE SWITCH UP THE LYRICS INSTEAD OF REPEATING THE SAME LINES!?!? 

One of my biggest problems with Dopamine is it sounds like she came up with the song titles and was like "yeah imma just repeat this over and over and let it be the chorus" 😫😭🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TizTiz said:

THANK YOU! I'm not even half way through and I totally agree with you. Normani biggest problem is the uses of her socials. She can literally be on ours neck ALL THE TIME with the use of her socials and guest what ? It's free. Her SM can use a free platform like canva to create content for example the dopamine dictionary she mentioned should've cross their mind, make a little cute ebook to entertain fans/ gp. The hotline/the coded website/the album teaser/ her looks/ the signature hairstyle we're all good ideas and I was so exited even tho it's not a crazy think. Not everything has to be crazy, but we need to live an experience. She can do so much more with her socials, even more now that the label won't found much. Posting a video on TikTok while getting ready with « Still » as an audio would be a great idea too. She was in Paris some days ago, à TikTok with « Take my time » would've been cute since French people like pop house music. Like girl we want to live in a different universe. 

• Thanks 1

Also I don't get the use of Normanination, the account purpose should be posting exclusive content that isn't on her main one like the BTS, candid everyday photos yet it's non of that. That account literally post the same content as her main one. How's in charge of that account ?? Like Normani your era can be wonderful just because of a good social media compain… 

• Like 2

The most positive points of this era

- The aesthetic is to die for, the looks avec very edgy, stylish and dark. 
- The album is good we have party/ love/ sad and relatable songs. The beats and the production are FIRE. 
This album has a lot of potential man and this era can be very epic and memorable (only if her social manager does the right things) 

• Like 1

the Terrell interviews were amazing AHHH we got a good bit of info and she was so comfortable to show her personality. love how happy she is since releasing the album :heart:

the after show episode was my fav outta the two 

• Like 3

Candy Paint and All Yours need to be pushed as the singles definitely. Then I reckon maybe a new Brandy remix of Insomnia towards the end of fall with a potential deluxe of the album as well is what I would personally do ! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Killing Me is going on my version of the album.

Christina Aguilera Click GIF - Christina Aguilera Click ...

same! my normani albums:

6r0xG3O.jpeg

Edited by yonsé
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, yonsé said:

same! my normani albums:

6r0xG3O.jpeg

Absolutey love this!

Cute tracks that leaked! Would've been nice in a deluxe with their lost sister Rocket :eli:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.