Normani

URBAN

Also as much as I do agree that it's a nice thing to not release visuals right now and let the music speak for itself but her team isn't even doing anything for the music to reach people 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

i hope her team knows that this album has legs and they can absolutely push it for the rest of the year.

lydia was behind "hot pink" so i think now that it's out and there's things to push normani can make dopamine something special.

• Like 5

If the visuals are not released by the end of this week then I don't see a reason to drop them anymore unless they're doing it for the fans. The need to strike while the iron is hot. They could've handled this roll out better. 

Just now, Arianna Kylie said:

i hope her team knows that this album has legs and they can absolutely push it for the rest of the year.

lydia was behind "hot pink" so i think now that it's out and there's things to push normani can make dopamine something special.

I think it can be saved. They just need to WORK the promo. Because the quality material is there. 

13 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

I think it can be saved. They just need to WORK the promo. Because the quality material is there. 

I hope so. There's great stuff on this album that deserves to be heard by a large swath of people.

Please don't log out and disappear from this site; let's not be like Dua Lipa fans who vanished after seeing her Spotify numbers.

We need to be loud and celebrate the fact that she has released an excellent body of work.

**** these twinks on here, who cannot let her have anything. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Please don't log out and disappear from this site; let's not be like Dua Lipa fans who vanished after seeing her Spotify numbers.

We need to be loud and celebrate the fact that she has released an excellent body of work.

**** these twinks on here, who cannot let her have anything. 

She's never really been a big chart topper. I love the album and just hope we get a proper era (handful of videos, proper tour, etc)

• Like 1

I hope Twitter nation ( and Normani because I know she already wants one) stops already thinking about Grammys. We have bigger problems. She seriously needs to grow her fanbase. The numbers really scared me even tho I wasn't expecting much. That's why it's important to build a relation with your fanbase and showing out your face. 

Edited by Givemeyourcoat
  • Like 1

Oh noooooooooooooooooo, what a crazy flop 

• Thumbs Down 3

I mean sort of knew that the album wasn't going to do good right off the bat. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we actually were to get some type of long form video/film. If you notice she's been flying all over. I think she may have been filming individual videos. I also heard something about a collab coming. So maybe the label told her that she had to release the album by the deadline no matter what. In spite of the album streaming poorly we have to give it to her she actually released which is much more of an accomplishment considering the circumstances. if she's able to get around 30k-50k sales than she'll atleast debut around the top 50. 

she's topping the charts on the pirate websites I occasionally frequent if that helps?

in other news, hoping and praying the album gets at least some of the promo it deserves. i've never ever understood labels holding back visuals (or entire albums for that matter) that are finished and ready to go. like why not just drop the damn thing and see? can it hurt?

2 minutes ago, fromily said:

she's topping the charts on the pirate websites I occasionally frequent if that helps?

:toofunny3:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, fromily said:

in other news, hoping and praying the album gets at least some of the promo it deserves. i've never ever understood labels holding back visuals (or entire albums for that matter) that are finished and ready to go. like why not just drop the damn thing and see? can it hurt?

I don't think they are holding back visuals I think she in the process of filming them. However, like I mentioned before Normani hasn't connected with any audience. She hates to interject after that fiasco. If she had engaged a bit more with the fans then maybe the word would've gotten out about the album. I mean you can literally search her name up on Twitter and see people haven't even listened to the album. 

this was a surprise release it was only released on apple music the first day it just went up on spotify we don't care about streams this wasn't made for billboard this was made for the streets

:gayoncecat2:

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, troubledparadise said:

this was a surprise release it was only released on apple music the first day it just went up on spotify we don't care about streams this wasn't made for billboard this was made for the streets

Do you knw when are visuals dropping ?

4 minutes ago, troubledparadise said:

I think the only thing left that's still bothering me is that we have ZERO indication of what the plan is going forward (if there even is one at all). What video(s) are coming and when? Is anything from this album going to be properly sent to radio? Does she plan to do a single televised live performance or major festival this summer? As usual, I just wish her fans weren't always kept completely in the dark about what her next move is because right now it feels like RCA and her management are pretending this didn't even drop :rip:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, shelven said:

I think the only thing left that's still bothering me is that we have ZERO indication of what the plan is going forward (if there even is one at all). What video(s) are coming and when? Is anything from this album going to be properly sent to radio? Does she plan to do a single televised live performance or major festival this summer? As usual, I just wish her fans weren't always kept completely in the dark about what her next move is because right now it feels like RCA and her management are pretending this didn't even drop :rip:

I think she might be releasing this album to fulfil her contract with RCA and then move to another label. There are already some hints about this happening, but nothing is certain yet.

16 minutes ago, shelven said:

This is my biggest concern as well. It seems as though there's nothing planned and that's kind of scary. I truly hope something takes off on TikTok to help salvage this drop

• Like 1

Just now, Ethereal said:

I think she might be releasing this album to fulfil her contract with RCA and then move to another label. There are already some hints about this happening, but nothing is certain yet.

Hints? Tell me more 

6 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Hints? Tell me more 

@remming

14 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

I wouldn't call them hints :toofunny2:. I just noticed that her official store was launched with copyright for "WARNER-ELEKTRA-ATLANTIC" at the bottom of the page which is weird for someone to signed to a Sony label. None of the other artists on RCA have that on their official stores but artists signed to Atlantic like Kehlani do.

Speaking of Lucky Daye is also with RCA and his album is available to pre-order for a vinyl. Someone that barely charts but does make amazing music. :laugh:

• Like 1

Normani; wherever you are this is how you get the album back on track. 

First off rescind 1:59 from radio and send Still instead. The GP/R&B listeners like that one the most and it hits for the summer, and fall. Then release CP to pop radio and rhythmic and release the video. Then release tantrums in the fall as the final single with a moody with similar aesthetics as the first dose trailer. Then boom you have an actual era with longevity. 

Also, perform at some festivals to build your profile up and then go for a small 20 city tour with 10k capacity. Be prepared to release next year because you need to get back in public's good graces. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, shelven said:

she mentioned in interviews and at the listening party that she's touring. so that's happening.

i also keep saying (and have a gut feeling) we might get the videos all at once. i think a visual album was her goal with this, at least i think.

Edited by Arianna Kylie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

i keep saying (and have a gut feeling) we might get the videos all at once. i think a visual album was her goal with this, at least i think.

Exactly what I was saying. There's no reason she would be filming in africa and france if it wasn't for a mv. I even think we're going to get some bts footage as well as Kwasi mentioned a whole visual album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.