Normani

URBAN

Also, I see why RCA did not really promote. You can't promote this album. It's definitely a sit down and get immersed moment. 

I can't even advocate for singles. Honestly, mini visual album and maybe a video for Candy Paint specifically was the way to go here. Then, get her on a tour around the country ASAP to promote like Chloe Bailey and In Pieces. 

This isn't an album for singles, this was definitely about putting out good art. If talent mattered anymore, Dopamine would be gassed and like SZA's CTRL album, slowly blowing up and becoming a thing. Normani deserves this brand refresh to be a fully singing r&b girlie and not have to just rely on choreography. The music quality is top tier.

• Like 10

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

1 hour ago, punisher said:

oh she wasn't credited when i first opened the album lmao

this release is so rushed

Starrah also seems to stay adjacent to the limelight, so maybe she didn't want a "feat" at first. Glad they added it bc the people need to know :clap3:

• Like 1

less than 6 hours to go  :jonny5:

• Like 1

YALL IMAGINE what this debut would've looked like if these songs were done at the time she released Wild Side… Like Big Boy being the second single and All Yours being the third… Numbers would've ATE

• Thanks 2

Could she be among the best new artist nominees at the Grammys this year? Since they changed their eligibility rules to basically be "whatever feels right", I think she should be part of that conversation for the crop of nominees this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

Could she be among the best new artist nominees at the Grammys this year? Since they changed their eligibility rules to basically be "whatever feels right", I think she should be part of that conversation for the crop of nominees this year.

If none of her songs take off on radio and streaming I highly doubt they'll look at her as a contender. (An before anyone says it yes I know they Grammy page left comments on her posts lol) 

I'm busy today but I'm excited to listen to this but I still have to listen to Bronze Avery's Heatwave and then get into this after. The reviews being great is amazing.

So, which tracks were previously leaked? 

6 minutes ago, Enzo said:

So, which tracks were previously leaked? 

insomnia, big boy and candy paint leaked prior to release

• Like 2

The transition between all yours and take my time is very good ! Those songs avec very sensual and suave. My highlight on this album. 
Also I though still was bad but it's a cute club track 🤣

Big boy is my guilty pleasure, those lyrics are corny but I love the beat and Starrah on it

bought snacks and drinks for my own personal listening party tonight, I got work for 6 am the next day but idc kii! 

• Like 3

just got home from work so going to sit and listen soon, i am PERCHEDDDDDDD :duca: 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, benten010 said:

If none of her songs take off on radio and streaming I highly doubt they'll look at her as a contender. (An before anyone says it yes I know they Grammy page left comments on her posts lol) 

I remember when Esperanza Spaulding won over justin Bieber in 2012 for best new artists and how furious his fans were. She didn't chart at all. I don't think the Grammy's care about charting but more campaigning. Victoria's "On My Mama" wasn't even top 40 and she got multiple noms and won Best New Artist. I'm not interested in the best new artist category for Mani though :laugh:. I would be happy with a nom in the Progressive R&B album category.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, benten010 said:

not saying they completely ignore streams and sales, but the grammys more than anything else is about acclaim and just how much you "campaign" the material you're trying to have nominated. (the second part of what I said would be a problem for her more than anything, but we've also never actually seen her have an album to promote so let's see)

Edited by j_mars20
  • Like 2

Now that I've heard it all and am hella impressed, I wish she added that leaked track 1 on 1 for a cute 14. I think it'd fit. I know it's prob one of her oldest ones but I feel like it's stood the test of time for suuuure I always go back to it

• Like 2

I think this album is very solid regardless of what anyone may think and it's definitely worth the wait if she would've released an album after motivation I genuinely think it would've been a bad album.

• Like 5

wow just finishing the album now and I am AMAZED and completely impressed with how she has truly smashed this record to bits :clap3: I truly loved every single song on this album, and her vocals!!!! its so amazing to hear her experimenting with her voice and sound, even if I wasn't a hardcore Stan this would be my AOTY so far.

Upon first listen my ranking is:

All Yours

Tantrums

Lights On

Wild Side

Distance

Insomnia

Little Secrets

Big Boy

Candy Paint (the new mix is so good!!)

1:59

Take My Time

Still

Grip

This was definitely worth the wait, she can definitely build her fanbase from this album, its quality :clap3: my one gripe is that the build up to this album truly didn't do dopamine justice, even I didn't expect this level of slayage. I also don't understand uploading the unfinished version of CP as a single but I've moved on from this, we get to just enjoy the music and this is all the nation have every wanted.

So so proud of our Mani :heart2:

• Like 4

Oh I am listening and trying not to cry, the production is crazy, i thought we was gonna get that minimalistic production that I wasn't feeling. 3 songs in and this is excellence for real. 

• Like 5

We did it guys

and it was all worth it!

giphy.gif

• Like 5

This album is pure GOLD I knew I could trust Normani's vision. So proud of her, this album will go down in history, literally no skip I'm so happy for her 

• Like 2

I've only listened to snippets.  Lights On has caught my interest the most. 

It's so sentimental to see Wild Side as the last track on the album. 

Do we all agree that All Yours is an urban/AC radio smash waiting to happen? :celestial5:

Ahhhh 10/10 ahhhh so proud of her only critique I wanted one whistle note that wasn't a background vocal but other than that dopamine was worth the wait so proud of Normani ahhhhh crying happy tears 

19 minutes ago, Hey200200 said:

Ahhhh 10/10 ahhhh so proud of her only critique I wanted one whistle note that wasn't a background vocal but other than that dopamine was worth the wait so proud of Normani ahhhhh crying happy tears 

The song with the whistle notes that she was excited for in 2021 when she did the wild side Q/A on twitter didn't make the cut but if there is a deluxe I hope it's there if it fits dopamine 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.