Normani

URBAN

Yeah I'm officially out lol. Some of y'all are delusional to think that a music video will magically increase streams significantly. Times have changed. Sometimes some of you go out of your way to be miserable. The album is getting amazing reviews and it's like y'all have to make yourselves unhappy and self sabotage by demanding things we don't have (yet). Y'all talk about Normani self sabotaging but y'all do the exact same thing. It's impossible to enjoy things with the type of fans she has . Anyways album is 10/10 as stated before. sayonara. 

• Thanks 6

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

The music itself is excellent and is getting great early reviews. I wouldn't mind if she released the video(s) next week because the songs on their own can probably get good numbers just based off her fan base and the curiosity from the locals 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lilaislight said:

Yeah I'm officially out lol. Some of y'all are delusional to think that a music video will magically increase streams significantly. Times have changed. Sometimes some of you go out of your way to be miserable. The album is getting amazing reviews and it's like y'all have to make yourselves unhappy and self sabotage by demanding things we don't have (yet). Y'all talk about Normani self sabotaging but y'all do the exact same thing. It's impossible to enjoy things with the type of fans she has . Anyways album is 10/10 as stated before. sayonara. 

This is a bunch of nonsense. Normani is a visual artist/performer first. That is where she truly shines. Do you think motivation/wildside would have been half as successful if it weren't for the videos? The roll-out as been weird to say the least and if her fans highlighting that is such a bother to you then yes, maybe you should go. 

• Like 6

^^ echoing what this member is saying but I guess for Normani as she's such a visual artist and that IS a selling point for her - it is unfortunate that with such good music and on the eve of her DEBUT album after so long, there's no accompanying visuals where she shines :( that's all.

even down to management- aren't they supposed to be in your corner and negotiable with label etc ? I guess my question is after shifting management - how are they allowing her debut to go out to the GP even without a performance video? That's what's lost on me

Genuine question too is does RCA just not care and are almost tossing this out to shut her up? :( because what kind of numbers do they expect or ROI if the bare minimum is done for someone who deserves a lot more. Why would they even green light this release now if they don't give af?

slotted Rocket right in between 1:59 and Distance and its *chefs kiss*

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

just listened in lossless and it was totally worth the 500mb download. completely changed the listening experience 

it sounds amazing in lossless :jonny2:

Just now, yonsé said:

it sounds amazing in lossless :jonny2:

honestly considering cancelling my spotify plan and switching to tidal/apple music :WAP:

• Like 2

Should I really switch to AM? I have been considering it for a while now

3 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

honestly considering cancelling my spotify plan and switching to tidal/apple music :WAP:

dooo it!

1 hour ago, ToraeGilt said:

This is a bunch of nonsense. Normani is a visual artist/performer first. That is where she truly shines. Do you think motivation/wildside would have been half as successful if it weren't for the videos? The roll-out as been weird to say the least and if her fans highlighting that is such a bother to you then yes, maybe you should go. 

Oh I'm gonna go and I'll be stress free unlike y'all lol. Her fans harassing people for copious amounts of info right before she releases her album only for them to receive that info and then continue to ask for answers y'all cannot handle absolutely bothers me. Y'all ask questions knowing y'all cannot handle the answers.It's never gonna be enough for y'all no matter what and that's the point. The main insider on here left because of the negativity. And ENK is following suit. Y'all beg for an album she put it out but now the music video is a focal point when her DEBUT ALBUM is coming out in a couple of hours. Y'all need to wake up. It's not 2019/2021 anymore. Videos are not pulling in as great numbers unless the song is already viral. The video is also coming just not when y'all want it to and if I've learned anything based on the quality of this album, it's good that she does not move on y'all time but hers so we can receive her work at her best. Does she excel visually? Absolutely, however she also excels sonically as proven on this album which is the main thing. Focus on the main thing. Y'all' can't digest content at a decent pace and it's off putting. Goodbye.

Edited by Lilaislight
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

I love tidal

I know she's not the popular option but the quality is unmatched imo

1 hour ago, punisher said:

why was starrah just credited on big boy?

because she sings a verse at 2:00

we're getting a full album and y'all still crying whats the problem now?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lilaislight said:

Oh I'm gonna go and I'll be stress free unlike y'all lol. Her fans harassing people for copious amounts of info right before she releases her album only for them to receive that info and then continue to ask for answers y'all cannot handle absolutely bothers me. Y'all ask questions knowing y'all cannot handle the answers.It's never gonna be enough for y'all no matter what and that's the point. The main insider on here left because of the negativity. And ENK is following suit. Y'all beg for an album she put it out but now the music video is a focal point when her DEBUT ALBUM is coming out in a couple of hours. Y'all need to wake up. It's not 2019/2021 anymore. Videos are not pulling in as great numbers unless the song is already viral. The video is also coming just not when y'all want it to and if I've learned anything based on the quality of this album, it's good that she does not move on y'all time but hers so we can receive her work at her best. Does she excel visually? Absolutely, however she also excels sonically as proven on this album which is the main thing. Focus on the main thing. Y'all's ability to digest content at a decent pace is off putting. Goodbye.

I can agree that some of the "fans" can be overbearing but what you will not do is gaslight some of us who have genuine concerns and just want the best for her. Especially after we have been waiting 6 YEARS for her debut album. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motivation93 said:

I think the music videos aren't ready yet because they're doing a mini album film. Obviously not with all of them but I'd say a few 

i agree with this. i'm not mad because the album is strong tbh. i think visuals would've been amazing to accompany with them. much like the album, anything with normani the wait seems to be worth it.

i genuinely want some performances tho. that's what i'm feening for.

• Like 1

still arguing on release day? poor dat

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ToraeGilt said:

I can agree that some of the "fans" can be overbearing but what you will not do is gaslight some of us who have genuine concerns and just want the best for her. Especially after we have been waiting 6 YEARS for her debut album. 

No one is gaslighting y'all. It's just music and it's not that serious at all. Your last sentence is literally my point, enjoy the ALBUM. That's it from me. Not gonna clog this forum with negativity. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I NEED a cd or vynil of this album for the love of godmani

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

That's true but let Normani be more than just a visual artist. Haven't heard the album yet but with all the glowing reviews on here I take it that she has a good eat for music.

Yes music videos are important but we need to stop panicking and having meltdowns over things we cant control. Let these songs stand on their own. If the numbers are bad then so be it but yall also said CP wasn't gonna do much and it debuted at #4 on the r&b charts with NO video, not much promo, and with a not so great rollout.

We need to stop being so quick to collect invisible Ls and start collecting the Ws. Because at the end of the day stressing about "visuals" is pretty silly. Normani will be fine and so will us fans.

Enjoy the album cause that's what everyone was begging for and now we're getting it. That's an amazing thing after years of nothing but music videos and singles.

• Like 1

No cause this James Blake feature is making me so mad.. Tantrums goes so HARD and then here he comes in… Like what is he even singing about 🤣😫😭

40 minutes ago, yonsé said:

because she sings a verse at 2:00

oh she wasn't credited when i first opened the album lmao

this release is so rushed

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nocturnalbabe said:

That's true but let Normani be more than just a visual artist. Haven't heard the album yet but with all the glowing reviews on here I take it that she has a good eat for music.

Yes music videos are important but we need to stop panicking and having meltdowns over things we cant control. Let these songs stand on their own. If the numbers are bad then so be it but yall also said CP wasn't gonna do much and it debuted at #4 on the r&b charts with NO video, not much promo, and with a not so great rollout.

We need to stop being so quick to collect invisible Ls and start collecting the Ws. Because at the end of the day stressing about "visuals" is pretty silly. Normani will be fine and so will us fans.

Enjoy the album cause that's what everyone was begging for and now we're getting it. That's an amazing thing after years of nothing but music videos and singles.

You're right. Also people forget the music videos for all artists are getting the fraction of the views compared to where they were a few years ago

i want to see the music videos and performances too but I don't think letting the music speak for itself and then releasing the visuals next week or after would hurt

the obsession with charting and streaming numbers is one of the reasons the music industry is in the toilet right now

Normani has delivered us an extremely high quality and well produced body of MUSIC, why can't we just enjoy that before people start panicking?

• Like 3

Okay so the album is cute. Not what I wanted or expected but there's 0 reason why the public shouldn't consider it 10/10.

The production alone is some of the best produced music from the last 5 years across any genre.

Tantrums is my main highlight. That section of the album gave me so much excitement cause Normani was SANGING finally (which I wanted more of on the whole album and less "imma bad *****" sing-rapping). 

This album deserves to be in Grammys contention and was worth the wait for Normani fans and r&b listeners. She's pushing the genre forward to me which is a big thing to say. Lots of experimental ideas and sounds were sprinkled into the album, this was not a quick cash grab album. I can imagine Beyonce listening to this album and express shipping a flower vase over cause it's *THAT* well made. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Should I really switch to AM? I have been considering it for a while now

It's much better than Spotify. Make that switch. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.