Normani

URBAN

35 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

All things considered, this has to be one of the most unique rollouts ever.

Such a nice way to put it... unique

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

15 minutes ago, eXaggeration said:

Such a nice way to put it... unique

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

:suburban:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, blondrin said:

Who hurt you

Normani. Time and time again‼️

• Haha 5

Hi everyone, newbie ATRL member here, and Normani Stan since 2021 using my first ATRL comment to say if the unknown collaborator really is Megan then it'd be great because Meg is performing in Houston on June 14 and 15 so it'd be awesome if she brought Mani out in both their hometown on the night of/ night after the album drops!!

Though I've been an ATRL lurker long enough to know that this is not the place for unrealistic fan dreams:coffee:

I've been following Meg's tour quite closely and will be seeing her when she's here in the UK in July! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

It's actually a good thing that she is still working and making changes.

1. Hopefully, the final versions of the songs will sound more polished. I genuinely believe her team mistakenly uploaded the 2022 version of "Candy Paint" instead of the latest one.

2. We'll be getting more tracks than the 10 initially confirmed for the album two months ago.

3. There's still a chance that vinyl and physical copies will be printed. Even if they're produced after the album release, we'll see a nice boost in sales during the second or third week.

All things considered, this has to be one of the most unique rollouts ever.

atrl-sebs123.gif

There is no logical reason for any label, let alone RCA, to print cd's and certainly no money will be spent on vinyls when they're throwing out song without the slightest promotion. Unfortunately, this is one of those releases where it's smart to move on and not put more money into this album. With EVERYTHING that's happen over the last six years to now, a full visual album, vinyls, hxll unfortunately even merch seems unrealistic. 

The only thing to look forward to are performances and, hopefully it true, a tour! I don't know where these performances will take place, but I look forward to them because that's where she shines. 

21 minutes ago, TizTiz said:

There is no logical reason for any label, let alone RCA, to print cd's and certainly no money will be spent on vinyls when they're throwing out song without the slightest promotion. Unfortunately, this is one of those releases where it's smart to move on and not put more money into this album. With EVERYTHING that's happen over the last six years to now, a full visual album, vinyls, hxll unfortunately even merch seems unrealistic. 

The only thing to look forward to are performances and, hopefully it true, a tour! I don't know where these performances will take place, but I look forward to them because that's where she shines. 

atrl-sebs123.gif

Have y'all heard the updated version of Insomnia from the listening party? It sounds so good. :beatfreak:

love me (love me)

with the (with the)

lightssss (lights) onnnnn 

fuckin with a star with a mean face lemme show you lights on

spacer.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Have y'all heard the updated version of Insomnia from the listening party? It sounds so good. :beatfreak:

Is there a video of this?

atrl-sebs123.gif

Edited by Ethereal

6 hours ago, TizTiz said:

I don't agree about physicals. People that have been way bigger flops than normani have cds and vinyls available. Some people just have cds which are cheap to make and ship to the store but I think she's definitely can get them if others can :laugh:

1 hour ago, wildsidenormani said:

love me (love me)

with the (with the)

lightssss (lights) onnnnn 

fuckin with a star with a mean face lemme show you lights on

spacer.png

Tell wheresjay to come back on here, wanna live this era with him, he's been with us for such a long time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

So it played there! Link us up 

11 minutes ago, Candy Painted said:

Tell wheresjay to come back on here, wanna live this era with him, he's been with us for such a long time

i've been asking my good brother to tap back in but he's said the stanning experience has been a pain and he wants to enjoy music again without any of stress, which is totally understandable tbh. these last 6 years have not been easy 

• Thanks 1

• Like 1

Pretty much lost on what's actually happening, tracklist etc amidst the back and forth. Somehow still excited for June 14th.

Making an educated guess, I feel like the reality of the matter is that Mani probably doesn't have the biggest budget or label prioritization, as such they are probably going to leverage everything towards the launch frame. 

What we are bemoaning as a lack of "strategy" may actually be her strategy playing out in motion. They clearly don't have the resources for a sustained push pre-release, so perhaps it figures to soft launch and build from there. 

The fact Candy Paint's video isn't out with less than seven days to go legit has me feeling like it will drop "with" the album and be used to magnetize streams and general buzz. 

That or our girl is dropping a visual album of sorts. Which would/could be a gag, but I worry the returns will be more Fergie's visual album than Bey's. Aka done at a loss ($$$) but brownie points for doing it nonetheless. 

We'll see.

• Like 1

It would be pretty nice to get a Summer Concert Series performance. Come we need performanceeees

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

i've been asking my good brother to tap back in but he's said the stanning experience has been a pain and he wants to enjoy music again without any of stress, which is totally understandable tbh. these last 6 years have not been easy 

Aw i can feel him. Please tell him, we miss him. Also do you know when are we getting the tracklist? 

Where'sJay said he was tired of the meltdowns and thesis papers. :dies:

Seriously hope he resurfaces sometime this week because it wouldn't be a Normani release week without him.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

I think we should all try to take a page out of his book and stay logged out for the first three days when first-week numbers or first-day Spotify numbers come out. This website is going to be insufferable. :toofunny2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any news on her doing any kind of promo before the album drops? And I don't mean a tweet and IG post...

• Haha 1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 40_L3VE said:

And I don't mean a tweet and IG post...

atrl-sebs123.gif

2 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

So pretty much ATRL Mani stans scared him off with the meltdowns and conspiracy theories? :laugh:

12 minutes ago, blondrin said:

How do we know when was this? Today? 

5 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

How do we know when was this? Today? 

@wildsidenormani said they were filming a video a week or two ago. Is this it?? For Candy Paint I'm assuming from the dirt marks. Giving car theme. I'm excited. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.