Normani

URBAN

21 minutes ago, Hisarchive said:

Thats reassuring. A little. I want this debut to be a smash! 

She does too.

• Like 5

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• remming

• nooniebao

13 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

She does too.

i'm soooooooo excited for the dopamine album era to fully start omg

• Like 1

Oh k so don't expect anything till June got it …..greedy fan in me me really just want a cute 1:59 acoustic performance or something until everything begins that's the only thing I'm missing for the buzz single 

12 hours ago, WheresJay said:

She does too.

Everythingnormanikordei apparently posted amth with candy paint emojis. What could it be @WheresJay

19 minutes ago, Candy Painted said:

Everythingnormanikordei apparently posted amth with candy paint emojis. What could it be @WheresJay

No idea. I do not follow them but I hope it's a good sign! 

59 minutes ago, Candy Painted said:

enk never posted anything, the person on twitter was lying…

I will always have faith in our girl!

Also, it has been so impressive how 1:59 has remained stable on Spotify.

• Like 1

ughh imagine a rolling stone musicians on musicians cover with normani and janet 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, WheresJay said:

No idea. I do not follow them but I hope it's a good sign! 

Insiders saying on twitter normani leaving rca after this drop cause she knows how much messed up this era was and she dont wanna wait another year to drop another album. True or no ? 

Writer from Rolling Stone :jonny:

Three more Fridays until Dopamine release week :celestial4:

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Im not trying to start  anything but this rather interesting. Now do I believe it? Not really. I think if she were smart she would do a Doja. Release single after single that you know are the best of the album and make them blow up with each and every performance. She should've thought about that when she kept teasing us and not giving any real updates about her music. She saw those 1:59 numbers and now she's panicking. To me she could turn this whole thing around by doing what most artists do….promote. Also, give us a uptempo song that is crossover friendly. 

Edited by justifymythreads
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I definitely feel like it's equal blame between the label, team, and herself.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, harmonizeme89 said:

I definitely feel like it's equal blame between the label, team, and herself.

It's too hard to really gauge at this point. If you noticed back in 2019 RCA basically forced her to release Motivation. If that isn't a testament of how picky she is. I think her days in 5h has her second guessing everything and has left her wary of the GP friendly songs. As she said in that interview that she doesn't want to do easy-to-listen to songs. She wants to experiment but she keeps forgetting that she doesn't have one album out yet. So this definitely more of a make or break release. But i'm confident that she can make a huge comeback but she has to let those reservations go. Doja is a good example. If you take everything so seriously you miss out on what could be your big moment. If she didn't release Say So she wouldn't be taken seriously as an artist even though it's not her strongest single. 

• Like 1

She's definitely set herself up to possibly fail due to the amount of time she's taken to release one album. You'd think she'd realize that most artists don't get to release the album they want on the first go. It takes time to build up success and get the label to really want to trust and invest in a vision.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, harmonizeme89 said:

She's definitely set herself up to possibly fail due to the amount of time she's taken to release one album. You'd think she'd realize that most artists don't get to release the album they want on the first go. It takes time to build up success and get the label to really want to trust and invest in a vision.

Well. I think it's like I mentioned earlier. She to me has very good ideas but sometimes they are half-baked. Like the whole Wild-Side era/release was a hot ass mess. From the song being unavailable for the first 2 days of its release. To the last minute addition to the VMAs. The lack of performances for WildSide is actually criminal and that's because they kept cancelling every damn performance. I think it's just her psyching herself out and not allowing her to make mistakes because she thinks that she has the support like a Rih or Bey. Yea, some performances are going to be rocky but it's better to have done it and gotten the experience than to have never done it at all.

I personally don't think she makes the decisions on when to release but it's the radio silence and lack of communication that makes people move on quicker and go to the next artist. You see how everyone is gushing over Tyla. It's not because she does everything perfect it's because she's engaging and knows that you have to be in order to keep yourself working and relevant. I empathize with her wanting her privacy but let's be honest she sort of had a lot of it on the account that she's been M.I.A for the last 2 years. She needs to interact and be engaging or we're going to have another 1:59 situation. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 5/18/2024 at 11:46 AM, WheresJay said:

She does too.

Visualizer and Vevo Performance of 1:59 is coming when ? Next friday ? 

Posted (edited)

give up bb 

spacer.png

Edited by Headlivmani
  • Haha 5

So any promotional plans for the next month for dopamine?

another day & she's back in the studio im convinced she doesn't care any more now 😭

23 minutes ago, Way0faj said:

another day & she's back in the studio im convinced she doesn't care any more now 😭

working with this guy.

She's so funny :ahh: not even a tweet or an insta live, we literally know nothing about what's going on and I honestly respect her commitment to that

I guess I'm just mostly curious what's going to happen after the album drops. Like... her team can't possibly think this approach is going to result in anything other than a flop debut week, right? They've either internalized that she's not going to debut with numbers and their plan is to do slow promo over many weeks/months to try to give the album longevity (or just accept the flopping and move on) or they're utterly delusional and we're gonna see some unhinged meltdowns from her circle once the numbers come out. The fact that I can totally imagine the latter happening is what scares me :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.