• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Click Clack

• D.Va

• AdrianNicki

• Material Girl

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm convinced most of the tickets will sell once the gp sees the tiktoks of Nicki performing Okay live

spacer.png

• Haha 2

On 8/31/2024 at 5:21 PM, AdrianNicki said:

Some of you need to chill out a bit. She's been a loony for years. Just block her and keep it moving if her social media antics are really bothering you. I'm pretty sure most of us are only here for the music anyways.

spacer.png

I unfollowed her on all social media recently and I've never felt such peace. Not seeing Kenny on my TL has done wonders for my mental health

he didn't even say *******, he said haters :deadbanana:

13 minutes ago, D.Va said:

I'm convinced most of the tickets will sell once the gp sees the tiktoks of Nicki performing Okay live

spacer.png

you really hate her huh 

IMG-7635.gif

4 minutes ago, D.Va said:

It was just because Michael Myers said f***** on live with her

I'm sorry but like honestly who gives a **** 

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

was it used in a derogatory way toward gay ppl? if not, and it was only a slur in general, i could care less too

Thee dramatics.

0501551a843a46d94fc2d896ba467082.gif

The era was/is factually, an unprecedented success across more than just the female rap genre - wasn't it only Sabrina that broke a female album record that PF2 held for like 9 months? 

She's about to embark on a whole 2nd leg of a successful & record shattering International tour - the highest grossing of her career & in female rap history. Why are we acting like that doesn't require mad effort & isn't impressive? 

Yes, there was drama along the way (would it truly be a Nicki era without that?) But I think people are letting poor PR & online shenanigans dictate their perception of the era as a whole, and this is exacerbated by the lack of visuals - as there isn't a tool to distract or redraw focus, to ground the era outside of Stationhead smoke sessions.

In the context of the current music climate & 2024, the fact that her online persona is riddled with controversy & that she's a female in her 40's still experiencing this type of success, & that her name is still synonymous with an entire genre (not many people claim that), isn't something to scoff at. 

You can not like how she's doing things & it's certainly true that there were many moments she could've further capitalised on & dropped the ball - but where is the comparison/example of anyone doing better?

She's slacking in visuals & public perception, and that's about it - and even those things aren't translating for the gworls. I have tons of criticism for the era & her lack of management, but you can shoulda, woulda, coulda a lot about her career. Her being stubborn & loopy isn't anything new.

If you want a Cinderellie, support JT. Nicki has always been thee wicked stepmotha. That's how she got where she is & that's the draw. Wanting that to change is like, antithetical to her whole identity. No friends in the game. 

She didn't really "revive" anyone's career. Thee numbers were fraudulent & evidently, unsustainable. Where is thee career? Watashi done? Thee girls aren't seeing a penny from their musical output, regardless of how the headlines want to dress it up. They can get propped up all they want, thee masses still aren't eating what's being served at the stable. Anything can be made to look good. Is it actually? Well, いいえ.

azealia-banks-stan-twitter.gif

We've gotten heaps of material over the last few years - more than most, some of her best verses + a 24 track album, AND we're about to get a Deluxe. 

Also, I'd die before I deprioritise my own happiness & discard relationships for the appeasement of faceless strangers. Her relationships don't have ish to do with me or for me, aside from inspiring We Go Ups, Red Rubys & Let Me Calm Downs. 

koavminaj-fuemejors.gif

AND Big 🦶 is iconic, camp, on the level of Stupid Haux, is the ROMAN they begged for but ultimately couldn't swallow, and every line slaps, goops & gags. 

azealia-banks-let's-talk-about-that.gif

Edited by FOCK
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2024 at 12:36 PM, Sheep said:

anybody defending her after this past week has brain damage

I was hit by a car 2 weeks ago. 

• Haha 2

dmd

d

d

d

d

d

d

c

c

c

v

:deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

GWKBmo3WYAADDcr?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Click Clack said:

what were the **** in here saying about tickets not selling LMAO

IMG-7635.gif

i mean at the rate it's currently selling im hoping to snatch a cheap ticket when my date gets closer

IMG-7635.gif

• Haha 1

my only issue with her this era is the lack of preparation around the music 

she announced a date before an album was ever ready and only had 10 (unfinished) songs ready by the time the physicals were due *after* delaying it 2 times. the label had to literally step in and stay with her in the studio to get her to finish work on the album, meanwhile the whole time prior she was teasing an album for months that didn't actually exist. and then she padded it with old scraps from the queen era (even though i do like the songs)

now she's doing the same with the deluxe 

i don't really believe her atp when she says she's so passionate about still making music, i think she's trying to convince herself as much as us 

• Like 3

she was snatched at the beginning of leg 1 :jonny2: 

16 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

my only issue with her this era is the lack of preparation around the music 

she announced a date before an album was ever ready and only had 10 (unfinished) songs ready by the time the physicals were due *after* delaying it 2 times. the label had to literally step in and stay with her in the studio to get her to finish work on the album, meanwhile the whole time prior she was teasing an album for months that didn't actually exist. and then she padded it with old scraps from the queen era (even though i do like the songs)

now she's doing the same with the deluxe 

i don't really believe her atp when she says she's so passionate about still making music, i think she's trying to convince herself as much as us 

there's only 4/5 queen scraps on the album tho

IMG-7635.gif

22 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

there's only 4/5 queen scraps on the album tho

IMG-7635.gif

and she's adding more

IMG-7635.gif

as long as the music is good who cares when it was recorded lol

IMG-7635.gif

2 hours ago, FOCK said:

Thee dramatics.

0501551a843a46d94fc2d896ba467082.gif

2 hours ago, FOCK said:

I was hit by a car 2 weeks ago. 

You're such a ******* mess I love you :deadbanana2:

That gag city resort merch looks kinda hot 

the same girl who swore pf2 was her best album, now it's pickle juice 

IMG-7635.gif

• Like 1

anyway, i'm excited for the deluxe & glad ticket sales are picking up. she's making history & i'm happy for her 

she just needs to learn to stfu a bit & she'll be fine 

IMG-7635.gif

I felt like I was in the twilight zone seeing y'all say that PF2 was her best album on release day.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one with covid that day

IMG-7635.gif

I must say, even if miss TPP takes the cake, PF2 has greater replay value (but that also may be because i shoved that album down my throat)

IMG-7635.gif

don't get it twisted pf2 is still some of her best and has higher highs than the dudprint 

all im saying is i wish she would prepare better with a more organized rollout that doesn't involve recording until the day before the album drops + scrambling to add songs from the vault 

i just want more focused material 

Edited by Material Girl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.