Madonna

Alongoria13

Horizon Flame
On 8/1/2024 at 2:24 PM, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Why are her singles so under certified?

shouldn't the song like  a prayer have more certifications by now?

Certifications cost money. 

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArtForFreedom

• Chris

• Lover

• dabunique

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Certifications cost money. 

I know but isnt isn't Like A Prayer 4X platnium? Why is it only certified as 2X?

Horizon Flame
7 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

I know but isnt isn't Like A Prayer 4X platnium? Why is it only certified as 2X?

I'm sure it is by now. I don't know if Madonna cares that much, however, with her current legacy deal with Warner Records you would think that they would want that certified to promote their releases. I don't really know what Warner's reasoning is behind a lot of choices being made. Maybe she's not cooperating. It may not be their fault. Something to keep in mind. 

Edited by Horizon Flame
  • Like 1

Like A Prayer is still peaking but not by much :jonnycat:

:jonny4:

• Like 4

:WAP:

• Like 3

Is Like a Prayer smashing yet

On 8/6/2024 at 1:06 PM, Chris said:

Still slaying today :clap3:

Can we talk about the surprise that was NRM as opening for the Celebration Tour

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MP3 said:

Yes indeed we can.

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Yes indeed we can.

She was so tired of her fans calling her to perform NRM that she just said you know what I'll fkg open the show with it 

11 hours ago, MP3 said:

It was so unexpected and a nice surprise 

I'm glad she chose this as the opener 

• Like 4

On 8/6/2024 at 7:06 AM, Chris said:

One of my fave songs and videos. :jonny:

I'm still shocked (not really) how her team and Warner Bros aren't taking this chance to promote Like a Prayer in any way.

You have your song as the climax song of the biggest movie of the year...and you do...nothing. Literally nothing.

I have no idea how the song is doing 1.2M each day tbh. 

It's still mindblowing to me that someone as Kake Bush had better label support than someone like Madonna. 

Their Like a Prayer re-certification is laughable as well. They only had money for one Platinum certification? Might as well do nothing than being on the news for a song like that to be re-certified 2 x Platinum. Makes it seem like it wasn't that big in the first place, lmao.

The good news is that if someone watches the music video it won't be a bad AI upscalling like many of hers are nowadays. It will still be a crappy 480p which is still less bad.

• Thanks 1

I can't believe like a prayer is not even pushing 2 million on Spotify. This is the biggest movie of the year and it is the central song of it! :tornado:

@Kanes how many avi's do you have?

:deadbanana2:

Who's the recent meal?

4 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

I'm still shocked (not really) how her team and Warner Bros aren't taking this chance to promote Like a Prayer in any way.

You have your song as the climax song of the biggest movie of the year...and you do...nothing. Literally nothing.

I have no idea how the song is doing 1.2M each day tbh. 

It's still mindblowing to me that someone as Kake Bush had better label support than someone like Madonna. 

Their Like a Prayer re-certification is laughable as well. They only had money for one Platinum certification? Might as well do nothing than being on the news for a song like that to be re-certified 2 x Platinum. Makes it seem like it wasn't that big in the first place, lmao.

The good news is that if someone watches the music video it won't be a bad AI upscalling like many of hers are nowadays. It will still be a crappy 480p which is still less bad.

What do you expect them to do? What do labels usually do for songs that are featured in films? What did they do for the Nsync song other than rename it? The success of Running Up that Hill and Bloody Mary frankly was organic. They can't force it to go viral. 

Edited by Jay07

26 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

What do you expect them to do? What do labels usually do for songs that are featured in films? What did they do for the Nsync song other than rename it? The success of Running Up that Hill and Bloody Mary frankly was organic. They can't force it to go viral. 

huh?

Kate Bush's 'Running Up That Hill' Reserviced to Radio Amid 'Stranger Things' Buzz

"We're thrilled that our partners at the DSPs and radio are reacting so favorably," says Mike Chester, Warner Records EVP of radio and commerce.

Source

Warners to release a CD single of Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill

In a surprise move, Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill is being made available as a CD single.

The 1985 hit has enjoyed incredible success this year on streaming services thanks to its high-profile inclusion in Netflix's sci-fi drama, Stranger Things.

Source

Not only was the song sent to radios again as if a new song was released, the song got a physical release, it got plenty of playlisting in every major playlist at the time, AND the song was featured inside the TV show's soundtrack.

Meanwhile Madonna and Warner Bros are radio silent for Like a Prayer, didn't allow for the song to featured inside the soundtrack's playlist (imagine not allowing your song into the the soundtrack of the biggest movie of the year lmao), its streams are separated through multiple versions, which don't allow it to chart on Spotify charts that depend on your song's overall streams, etc...

All the songs you mentioned had support and money spent by their record labels to do something on the charts. Madonna's spotify is a mess and no one cares. They didn't even paid for all of Like a Prayer's certifications and instead only cared for a single Platinum award and called it a day:rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Running Up That Hill went viral in May. The single was released in SEPTEMBER. The single spiked because of streams and digital sales around June. 

Also Bloody Mary had literally zero support other than Gaga doing the dance for it weeks later and a vinyl press again, weeks after the fact. The threads were right here on this board, Monsters were cosntantly crying about it. Like a Prayer just didn't catch on. Where are the viral videos? Where are the dances?

58 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Running Up That Hill went viral in May. The single was released in SEPTEMBER. The single spiked because of streams and digital sales around June. 

Also Bloody Mary had literally zero support other than Gaga doing the dance for it weeks later and a vinyl press again, weeks after the fact. The threads were right here on this board, Monsters were cosntantly crying about it. Like a Prayer just didn't catch on. Where are the viral videos? Where are the dances?

Where are the dances for running up

that hill? :rip: Lmao

Not everything needs to have an annoying dance. 

Also Like a Prayer "didn't catch on"? It simply didn't do Bye Bye Bye numbers but the song is doing over 1.2M a day on spotify when it used to do like 300k a day. It's an increase of almost 1M per day :rip:

My point is her own record label is doing nothing to profit from it and it's annoying 

Edited by tiagol88

43 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Where are the dances for running up

that hill? :rip: Lmao

Not everything needs to have an annoying dance. 

Also Like a Prayer "didn't catch on"? It simply didn't do Bye Bye Bye numbers but the song is doing over 1.2M a day on spotify when it used to do like 300k a day. It's an increase of almost 1M per day :rip:

My point is her own record label is doing nothing to profit from it and it's annoying 

Running Up that Hill had tons of online engagement. 

So if it is actually doing better on streaming what's your issue? You want a cd single?

1 minute ago, Jay07 said:

Running Up that Hill had tons of online engagement. 

So if it is actually doing better on streaming what's your issue? You want a cd single?

Do you work for Warner? Acting all offended and all :rip:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TipToe said:

Do you work for Warner? Acting all offended and all :rip:

Ironically, a bunch of middle aged gays are offended Warner didn't send Like a Prayer to radio because it's doing 1 million daily :doc: like have some common sense

Edited by Jay07
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Ironically, a bunch of middle aged gays are offended Warner didn't send Like a Prayer to radio because it's doing 1 million daily :doc: like have some common sense

Are u saying @tiagol88is a middle aged ghey? He's 36 yo. Before asking people to have common sense try to exercise yours, hun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.