• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArtForFreedom

• Lover

• dabunique

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, sbenci said:

I'll never forgive her for scrapping the Rebel Heart Avicii version for the guitar demo :rip: 

The majority of us don't, but I do think we'll get it on the reissue. If not then she's trolling us. lmao.

Rebel Heart would have been better if it wasn't so bloated. She could have easily cut like 6 tracks on there

Living For Love

Unapologetic *****

***** I'm Madonna

Illuminati

Veni Vidi Vici

Best Night

Holy Water

Hold Tight

Joan of Arc

Beautiful Scars

Ghosttown

Nothing Lasts Forever

Rebel Heart (Avicii)

Wash All Over Me (Avicii)

The rest weren't really needed. Maybe throw in Devil Pray, Queen, Borrowed Time and Reviolution as bonus tracks

It must be said: Wash All Over Me demo is generic trash compared to the album version.We can talk about title track, but WAOM demo is "unz, unz" EDM garbage.

Also trash demo: Iconic. To a lesser extent trash: Illuminati (the beat gets boring pretty fast), Hold Tight (interesting, but way too long)

26 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Living For Love

Unapologetic *****

***** I'm Madonna

Illuminati

Veni Vidi Vici

Best Night

Holy Water

Hold Tight

Joan of Arc

Beautiful Scars

Ghosttown

Nothing Lasts Forever

Rebel Heart (Avicii)

Wash All Over Me (Avicii)

The rest weren't really needed. Maybe throw in Devil Pray, Queen, Borrowed Time and Reviolution as bonus tracks

Devil Pray is most definitely needed :rip: 

I watched Evita for the first time ever last night. It was good, the costumes and cinematography were amazing and M was great but... I didn't realise the film was 99.9% singing. I don't think she had any spoken dialogue scenes? :rip: no wonder it's her most acclaimed role. Obviously I knew in advance it's a musical but I didn't think there'd be so.much.singing. Maybe that's Andrew Lloyd Webber's style because the only other film I've seen like that is Cats (which is trash but is constant signing.)

I actually just remembered Sticky & Sweet Tour which was my first concert ever, I was 11 and I was standing on plastic cups because I would have been too short otherwise to see anything :rip: I went with my mom and it was one of my best experiences ever. I remember people looking at me because I tried to sing along to all songs with my then broken English. Can’t believe I was on Madonna forums following setlist reveal etc. at 11 :rip: 

52 minutes ago, GodControl said:

Looking at Madonna's most recent Insta posts, I can't help but notice the BLACK bathroom and PINK hair.

Is a Madonna x BLACKPINK collaboration happening tonight at the VMAs?

Hard Sour Candy is coming

I will say that I was mad at her for replacing Avicii’s Wash All Over Me with the album version for YEARS, so mad in fact I deleted the official version and replaced it with the Avicii one. But two years ago, I rediscovered the album version, became obsessed with it, and now it has more plays than the Avicii demo. In the end I do think it was the right choice, but when your brain is used to a demo it can be hard to accept changes. 

The album version of Rebel Heart (the song) tho is still way weaker than the Avicii version. 

Speaking of Rebel Heart - Madonna's vision was to have a double album: one disc with her rebellious tracks and one disc with her love songs. That being said, the final tracklist made no sense at all so I created a playlist to match what I think would have been similar to her original idea:

Disc 1: Rebel:

1. Rebel Heart (Demo) 

2. Devil Pray 

3. Addicted (Demo) 

4. B**tch I'm Madonna 

5. Holy Water 

6. Inside Out (Demo) 

7. S. E. X. 

8. Best Night 

9. Unapologetic B**ch 

10. Veni Vidi Vici 

11. Back That Up (Do It) (Demo) 

12. Illuminati 

Disc 2: Heart:

1. Living For Love 

2. Iconic 

3. Hold Tight (Demo) 

4. Joan of Arc (Acoustic Demo) 

5. Ghosttown 

6. HeartBreakCity 

7. Body Shop 

8. Wash All Over Me (Demo) 

9. Beautiful Scars 

10. Never Let You Go (Demo) 

11. Nothing Lasts Forever (Demo) 

12. Messiah 

13. Beautiful Scars (Demo) (Bonus Track) 

This honestly flows way better when I listen. 

20 minutes ago, Chris said:

@GlamSlam

Welcome back, dear.

Thanks Chris. It's so nice to see you all again. :heart:

6 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

Thanks Chris. It's so nice to see you all again. :heart:

The rampant homophobia in that Madonna Singles thread.

:dies:

Ahh I can't wait to hear the remastered track from the 80s, hope Mike Dean will be doing the remastering :jonny5: Think of Me will end me :jonny5:

I wonder if she had a fallout with Avicii and it’s the reason why she released those awful versions of their songs…

45 minutes ago, sbenci said:

Ahh I can't wait to hear the remastered track from the 80s, hope Mike Dean will be doing the remastering :jonny5: Think of Me will end me :jonny5:

Me tooooooo

yea, Rebel Heart's bloatedness has always been its main issue.

if she cut Body Shop, Inside Out, and Best Night the album would've instantly been better

7 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

I wonder if she had a fallout with Avicii and it’s the reason why she released those awful versions of their songs…

I think her label forced her to go in a different direction. Plus I think I remember hearing that he was unavailable when it came time to finalize the songs. 

19 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

I think her label forced her to go in a different direction. Plus I think I remember hearing that he was unavailable when it came time to finalize the songs. 

He got very sick and wasn’t able to continue working with her which is why she ended up with Diplo. 

21 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

Inside Out

This is one of my favorite album tracks.

33 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

yea, Rebel Heart's bloatedness has always been its main issue.

if she cut Body Shop, Inside Out, and Best Night the album would've instantly been better

Body Shop and Best Night are among my favorites from the album :rip: 

The way Repel Chart has been getting skull dragged these past couple of days.

:skull:

What gives?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.