Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

20 minutes ago, GipJo said:

They have peaked and their audience is limited, so the only competition is if The Weeknd somehow managed to sneak his way back into GP's interest. But that won't happen for at least another week.

The Weeknd song is not going anywhere, it's a certified bomb

• Haha 2

• Replies 201.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• sunbathinganimal

"looking forward to the lg7 era"

the era in question being 4 interviews of her on the same couch with different jackets and sunglasses for 4 european radio stations, apple music zane lowe interview, and 2 filmed on iphone 16 music videos 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GipJo said:

They have peaked and their audience is limited, so the only competition is if The Weeknd somehow managed to sneak his way back into GP's interest. But that won't happen for at least another week.

46 minutes ago, opbranden said:

Our society tends to be ageist, often implying that after a certain age, especially if you are a woman, you're no longer allowed to "have fun." 

Ballads are often seen as more "palatable" or universally acceptable.
(P!nk took a similar approach, catering to a mid-aged audience, and leaning into generic HAC music. This strategy helped her achieve significant longevity in her career.)

At the very least, Gaga consistently delivers quality songs with a distinct personality. Even with ballads, her music always stands out and stays true to her unique style. (HMH is an exception tho...)

That's what makes Madonna and Cher stand out—they defied these expectations and achieved major comebacks without conforming to what people thought they should be doing at their age. Cher did this with Believe, and Madonna did it multiple times, first with Ray of Light and later with Confessions on a Dance Floor. 

I think LG7 will follow a similar path. While Chromatica was marketed as Gaga's "comeback to pop," it didn't fully connect with the world for various reasons, like the pandemic. Now, she has the goodwill of both her older audience, which she solidified with A Star Is Born, DWAS and her jazz work, as well as the newer generation that discovered her through "Bloody Mary" and TikTok. This could set the stage for a really impactful release.

I can't wait to hear what she's been working on. She seems genuinely excited about this album, and that energy always translates into something special. It feels like it's going to be a significant moment in her career. :jonny6:

You are so right. I think people underestimate how perfect the timing is. Just yesterday I saw a tiktok with 600k likes of someone dancing to Judas and saying they can't wait for new Gaga music. I feel like the last time teenagers and younger generations were this interested in Gaga was before ARTPOP era. Female artists in general are thriving and Gaga is being brought up by that but there is also a renewed interest in her catalogue that could translate to new music if it's undeniable. She's in a better position than post-ASIB. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

DP

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

3 hours ago, FameIsForever said:

Am I the only one who thinks the VMA Chromatica medley was a mess? 

spacer.png

it really was. the jarring glitchie choreo, the outfits, the face masks even the piano section :rip: but whatever it was the pandemic but it really was messy as hell

spacer.png

her being introduced and accepting her Tricon award, accepting other awards were her best moments at the VMAs 2020

the montage vmas made for her might be the best one yet

3 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

not... DP :clack:

Stream Diet Pepsi by Addison Rae!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Colmillo said:

Crazy how ever since ARTPOP, most of Gar's hits are ballads

Million Reasons

Shallow

ARUTW

DWAS

westernwlnd-tokyo-toni.gif

The way i'll never love again is also a crazy big hit but our standards are even bigger so we cut them out :gayalipacat5:

• Haha 1

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe912x1fs5s5nfvnwr783p

my first reaction when I watch  joker :giraffe:

• Haha 2

are we flopping still re joker ? :giraffe:

3 hours ago, Colmillo said:

Crazy how ever since ARTPOP, most of Gar's hits are ballads

Million Reasons

Shallow

ARUTW

DWAS

westernwlnd-tokyo-toni.gif

Back then we were asked if your fave has any hit ballad and all we could muster was Yoü and I (a solo written, Top 10). :gaycat6:

But now all her recent hits are ballads. :gaycat7:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, opbranden said:

If it's a 2025 summer tour they could definitely announce it next month. :duca:

With the album coming February and her allegedly doing a longer tour than CBT, I can see it starting as early as late March.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eclipsed said:

I can't get over how good her vocals are singing That's Life they are so big and soaring but its not screaming, the tone is literally perfect. It's giving Cynthia Erivo singing Defying Gravity or Gaga singing Shallow. Since it sounds amazing watch it not even be in the movie.. :ryan3:

Someone watched the film said it's only played during the credit :rip:

20 minutes ago, Konril said:

Back then we were asked if your fave has any hit ballad and all we could muster was Yoü and I (a solo written, Top 10). :gaycat6:

But now all her recent hits are ballads. :gaycat7:

Sometimes the questions came right from the stans of pots-n-pans hitmakers. :gaycat7: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gagaqueen said:

:gaygacat5:

is that little Bruga 😍😍

this needs to go viral 

• Like 1

that arizona sky

burnin in your eyes

giphy.gif

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

You'll never know with these male artists, GP has high tolerance with them for some reasons.

Just now, GipJo said:

You'll never know with these male artists, GP has high tolerance with them for some reasons.

Not saying subsequent releases are doomed but this one is tanking

the superior jazz album :heart:

Edited by MonsterNavy
  • Like 10

Midweek Billboard Hot 100 Predictions (chart dated September 28th, 2024) 

DWAS #5

• Like 4

before the jazz albums I was genuinely genuinely obsessed with the orange colored sky.

I even had the spoken words introduction memorized "so, lets do orange colored sky, I used to sing this at the oak room with my buddies"

a flaming homosexual through and through at 9 years old :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DockDock said:

Midweek Billboard Hot 100 Predictions (chart dated September 28th, 2024) 

DWAS #5

3 points to keep it at #4 or 9 points to get it back at #3??? Oh US monsters when I catch you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hair said:

3 points to keep it at #4 or 9 points to get it back at #3??? Oh US monsters when I catch you.

they better stream tfo of this song till LG7 and then, play both:coffee2:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chromatricon said:

Someone watched the film said it's only played during the credit :rip:

It really does sound like this idiot cut all the parts that were exciting..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.